#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Apparently the Bergermaster has been listening to this song constantly on his iphone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

I'm at the VFL today...he's going through the motions.
Est. 2002
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

for some reason my compass is starting to point south. the tea drinking session might be back on for original reasons.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Raw Hammer wrote:I'm at the VFL today...he's going through the motions.
What do you mean? He wants out? Can't be $@&^#? Miffed at not playing with the big boys?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Est. 2002
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Raw Hammer wrote:I'm at the VFL today...he's going through the motions.
It looked like that to me.
He is taking his teddy bear and going home to mummy.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

I'll say it again - what he he done to show that he's a future star? He looks decent so far, absolutely nothing more. If he was taken at pick no. 45 nobody would give a shit..?
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

leonmagic wrote:I'll say it again - what he he done to show that he's a future star? He looks decent so far, absolutely nothing more. If he was taken at pick no. 45 nobody would give a shit..?
But he wasnt, pies used top ten pk. That's why we give a shit.
themonk

Post by themonk »

scoobydoo wrote:
leonmagic wrote:I'll say it again - what he he done to show that he's a future star? He looks decent so far, absolutely nothing more. If he was taken at pick no. 45 nobody would give a shit..?
But he wasnt, pies used top ten pk. That's why we give a shit.
Exactly, he is a 1st round pick that has gone under the knife twice and needs time to get his body and mind right.

It's amazing that people are so quick to disregard this kid, he potentionally could be a superstar and we should be working at holding on to him for another 2 years and properly develop and assess him.

If he's no good come 2017 then we need to make a decision then.
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

I don't think we can be too quick to judge Scharenberg! The guy has gone through some extensive injuries to get back to where he is now. After all it's been exactly a year since he did his knee so obviously he's trying to get his confidence going again. I'm pleased that he's had some exposure in the seniors this year otherwise it would have been two complete seasons without any senior football experience along with Freeman as well.

In regards to contract talks there's been a lot of rumours swirling around about his future and whether he stays or goes. For those who attend the VFL I don't know whether his body language is down to his attitude about his contract situation or whether he's trying to regain his confidence after a long injury lay off so I think we can't make presumptions here.

For now I'm going to assume he's staying beyond this year so let's hope he can regain his form from his pre-drafting days and demonstrates why he was so highly rated amongst recruiters in the first place.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

A few more days have passed by in which the Bergermaster continues to refuse to declare he wants to play for Collingwood. After the support and assistance given to him, nursing him through 18 months of injuries, it's pretty pathetic that he doesn't feel an obligation to our club. He certainly has tickets on himself.

I'll update with this same message in a few days. :wink:
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

RudeBoy wrote:A few more days have passed by in which the Bergermaster continues to refuse to declare he wants to play for Collingwood. After the support and assistance given to him, nursing him through 18 months of injuries, it's pretty pathetic that he doesn't feel an obligation to our club. He certainly has tickets on himself.

I hear you well and clear RB and in my gut feeling, I agree with you. Don't know what more the club could have done to keep him though. And if he leaves, why even bother going after his mate Aish? Especially by using future draft picks? I honestly can't see the intelligence in this.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Watching him closely in the VFL on Saturday, He seemed to me to have a peculiar gait when he walked - a bit stiffer in one leg the other. Didn't notice it at the run.
Anyway, it did cross my mind that he may still not have 100% confidence in his reconstructed knee.
I'd like to see him stay- just to get a clear idea on whether he could fulfil his potential for us.
If he wants to go, okay S**T happens and we'll get over it. We lost a B plus/A grader in Beams and coped with that alright.
I think Scharenburg may be a quieter personality - a bit like Billy Elliott - neither of them are all that demonstrative and sometimes it's easy to mistake their low key expressions for not giving a stuff.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

RudeBoy wrote:A few more days have passed by in which the Bergermaster continues to refuse to declare he wants to play for Collingwood. After the support and assistance given to him, nursing him through 18 months of injuries, it's pretty pathetic that he doesn't feel an obligation to our club. He certainly has tickets on himself.

This guy had had it pretty tough over the last 18 months. Why don't we give him a break and await the results of the negotiations with the club. This guy could be a future Collingwood champion and his character and attitude toward the club and the playing group is being condemned and questioned in ignorance.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday