Post Season 2003 - TRADE TALK

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Joel wrote:BTW, these are our current draft picks:

ORDER OF DRAFT PICKS: 17, 32, 48, 64, 80 (this subject to trades)
I saw this in the Sun today. Havent we already used 32 and 48 for the 2 Shaw boys as father/son.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Yeah, I think so.
TRELOS

Post by TRELOS »

yes...thats correct, although the club hasnt decided in which order they will use them(not that it matters)
bucks_for_brownlow

Post by bucks_for_brownlow »

Jade Rawlings?

Post by AGE »

Rawlings is going to Geelong. CW has no interest in him anyway I don't think. CW just trying to get Brown or Stevens or both.
I_love_Clokey

Post by I_love_Clokey »

I reckon we should just try to get Brown and try to get Solomon to change stripes too!!
"You know life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and take a look around once in a while you could miss it!!"
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

It amazes me the crap some of you blokes come out with....Commonwombat,Joel and Daniel you carry on as if you're all in charge of recruiting down at Collingwood with all your player lists on who is tradeable and who's not.
If you knew anything about footy.....you wouldn't be suggesting that Richard Cole is tradeable.....he will be a star for us...so he had a bad GF....he will learn from that which will eventually make him a better player.
Boys stick you what you know best...which is definately not discussing possible trades.
Colin G Wood

Keep Cole

Post by Colin G Wood »

Cole made some bad skill errors on Sat - just like he did during the season at times. But I don't believe that he really lacks heart, despite his hesitation at a crucial stage on Saturday. He has shown plenty of courage over the year.

On the other hand a high profile player put in the one of the worst short-steps I've ever seen in a GF, on our forward line in the 3rd qtr. Failed to attempt to mark, after having a look. I would be prepared to forget it - if I hadn't seen 3-4 other similiar efforts during the home and away season which invariably cost us goals. Opposition players with any sort of grunt must love playing on this guy.
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

Yes mr Woewodin dissapointed me aswell but lets just hope MM can flog it out of him over the summer
Genesis 1:1
creedymagpie

Post by creedymagpie »

I tell you i had a laugh when i read some of the possible trades-

Mcgough- He is 18 give him a break!
Cole- is only started to shine and had a bad one in the GF
Woey- only has the learn how to tackle
Didak- my god why do i have to back him up?

Leon Davis- had a bad year. a player sometimes has it, i thought he was ok in the GF.

We should be looking to trade and delist players who are on the fringe and who we dont think will improve-

Scotland- Silky skills but not as good as other midfielders, would be a top midfielder trade for struggling teams

Rupert- He is 29 and i would not think he has alot of inprovment in him, also would be a good player for a lower team.

Kinnear- i said 4 years ago to get rid of him, and anyone else says to give him another year forget it he has had 6 to prove himself. I still dont think he has done much this season.

Molloy- Wont get too much for him as he has shown this year he can be a real Mathew Richardson (dummy spitter).

Mckee- Really like the bloke but he has been put out by the new ruck rules, again could be a trade to maybe the Bulldogs with Scotland for brown.

Williams- Was good early when we were poor, but when were playing well he could not step up.

Obree- Yes but only if we get Brown, obree has been ok this year up forward and only a better forward player would out rank him.
I love Danny Allsopp, Danny Allsopp loves me!
perth pieman

Post by perth pieman »

I believe we need to develop a strong, robust, fierce goal to goal line if we are to win a premiership in the next few years. They almost need to be "bash and crash" sort of players, but I am not sure they are the type of players MM likes in the side. He seems to prefer the more skilled type of player, but they aren't the ones who win finals!!
As Jonathon Brown said last week, the players have to be prepared to put their bodies over the ball regardless of what is coming, and I think that is the sort of player the Pies need. I am not sure that Stevens from Port fits into that category, or Nathan Brown for that matter, so there is a lot of hard thinking to be done.
I think another tall, high marking forward would be a great help.....maybe Rawlings!

GO PIES
Peejay
jimgerolimatos

Post by jimgerolimatos »

firstly , why did MM persist with playing young and inexperienced players in the finals? Richard cole is gonna be good but everytime he gets the ball he gives it up its frustrating , he panicks, also kinnear ive never seen him have a good game in the three years, also Walker is gonna be good but what has he done to be called up to play in a Grand final? Mckee shouldve played walker looks lost .these players should take examples from Didak who got called up last year and delivered in his opening games.We shouldve used the experienced players that took us to th GF last year Betheras, Freeborn, Mckee.
also with the trading of our players yes we do have to get rid off some good players. Obree is one of em , Davis the other and definately Kinnear "what have you done for us lately" hes had too many chances , i dont know what brad gotch is telling MM,
we should keep scotland hes deliverd in finals this year and last year ,
Burns what a champion what a heart, onya burnsy.
Warbler

Post by Warbler »

All this talk is who we would trade / delist

What about who we need ?

imo we need tough midfielders to compliment Bucks,Burnsie & Licka
- Shackleton looks to have the right body shape & King looks promising
We only just covered for Presti when he was out & were thrown into total disarray when Pebbles was out for the big one - so like every other club we need a good big bloke who can play centre half forward/back & ruck .
Warbler

Post by Warbler »

All this talk is who we would trade / delist

What about who we need ?

imo we need tough midfielders to compliment Bucks,Burnsie & Licka
- Shackleton looks to have the right body shape & King looks promising
We only just covered for Presti when he was out & were thrown into total disarray when Pebbles was out for the big one - so like every other club we need a good big bloke who can play centre half forward/back & ruck .
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

Warbler, agree with yr piece. We've got to look at what's on our books at the moment and whether they are appropriate as well as what may be on the market.
Mr Banksy, unless U are Mr Dennis Banks himself, what are yr credentials?? Being from Sydney and having spent some yrs o/s, naturally did not play the game at exalted level. Played SFL, our local comp (prob equiv VAFA). However have played 2 other sports at state/national level so just might have some understanding of top level sports.
Mr Banksy and with respect other criticising discussion of trading of players esp younger ones, please let me acquaint with you with some unpleasant facts. AFL is a professional sport, not weekend stuff. The old days of the long lists with reserves and U/19's are gone, fact of life. Clubs will look to develop young players but cannot wait for ever. They are not creches, and sometimes have to cut their losses and invest their money elsewhere. Sadly, their lists are limited.
Those like my self who have posted our contributions aren't saying that the Club must bow to our wisdom, god no. However, all those who've put their hides on the line have been constructive in their observations and have made their observations not over season(s)not just as a knee jerk to the GF loss What's been your's ?? Abuse!!! We've been saying what we think, trying to justify it and putting it up for discussion.
Finally re Cole!! Personally I don't rate him and have said so in past posts.
He does seem to be a "koala" (protected species, can't export 'em can't shoot 'em) with many of you. Fine, but please honestly justify why he is going to be such a star. He is seriously deficient skill-wise and hasn't really improved in that regard since debut. He does possess some pace and has shown some ability to get the ball, however his high turnover rate due to poor skills does not factor well for a future as midfielder/on baller. He is not big enough to be a key position player. He has shown tackling ability especially around stoppages, good but place against his propensity to play loose in defence, question mark against defensive future. He fell apart in the GF which no-one wanted to see but his judgement could have been questioned during the entire season, he likes to go for speccies (hasn't nailed one yet) sometimes in precarious situations. I hear protestations he's tough, so people poss see him as a new Byron Pickett eh. Sorry to rain on parade folks but 1. he'll really need to bulk up and 2. Pickett is damaging when in possession, can't say that about Richie. Frankly, with acquisitions and others coming thru, Cole will find competition v tough against players with stronger temperaments and higher skill level. His future as a senior footballer must be questioned.
Whilst would like to keep McGough, fact is he has fallen behind others and the club IS currently looking at him as expendable.
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!