#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Yes, I can hear you quite clearly, CAPTAIN of Australia isn't about how good you are or what your winloss ratio is - it's about who can score the highest bar-tab.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Culprit wrote:This season may see the biggest trade period in a long time JW.
in a way i hope so. they always promise so much but we get doughnuts in the trade period.
Yeah you are right JW.

I'm quite pessimistic about getting any big names due to the season we have just had but I live in eternal hope!! Good players from lower teams tend to go towards clubs in with a chance of bagging a flag I guess. :!:
You could probably make a case that some footballers might be shallow money grabbing narcissists but even the shallowest can see beyond the results this season for any team when assessing likely destinations.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

RudeBoy wrote:Aberrations my arse! I proudly wear my heart on my sleeve and use Nicks to express my unbridled and completely irrational and obsessive love of Collingwood. My professional life, as an academic, is devoted to calm, careful and balanced research, always grounded on sound theory and evidenced based data. However, when it comes to all things Collingwood, I have to jettison this approach completely. I embrace Collingwood wholeheartedly, without question and am proudly obsessive, emotional, and single-mindedly loyal to the black and white cause. So when I post on Nicks, I don't do this from the perspective of an objective, rational and logical commentator, I do so as a one-eyed servant to the cause of Collingwood. Does this mean that I am sometimes/often way off the mark in my analysis/pronouncements? You bet it does. Does this mean that the mood of my postings swing up and down with Collingwood's fortunes on the field? You bet it does.

Finally, there are a couple of regular Nicksters whose commentary is almost always sober, measured, rational and objective. I feel sorry for them. If I want to be really objective, rational and sober in my feelings about Collingwood, I wouldn't even follow the Pies. After all, all football clubs, including Collingwood, are now corporate/franchise entities, run by men in grey suits, for the purpose of building their own empires. Even the players are mainly doing it for the money. So if I was to be really honest with myself, I'd probably give up following collingwood completely, knowing that it now has no real connection to its working class roots, where generations of my family came from. However, I choose to ignore these facts. I choose to be deluded and swept along by the romance of Collingwood. I know it's superficial and the 'opiate of the masses', but nevertheless I embrace it 100 per cent. So feel free to disagree with my opinions or pronouncements, after all, I often do so myself, shortly after posting them. But do not dare to attack me for being overly emotional, irrational or lacking in objectivity. Those who do can stick their unemotional, rational, sober and objective analysis up their arse. I'm a Collingwood man and proud of it.
C'mon, name names!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Member 7167 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote: That sounds very Promsing :D

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z3k0bRBFw4
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
calling all rude boys. do you see what i see? can you hear the people sing? a message to you rudy.
I have not seen a fat lady and to date I have not heard her sing.

Everything is either educated or non educated speculation until the contract is signed.

I think he will stay.
the tea session has been confirmed. the teapot has been purchased. today, i am mixing up the special brew for rudie. it will need time to ferment. neil appleby will be pleased.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

The hold up can only be on the Scharenbergs side you feel because the club would be desperate for some good news, a ray of sunshine to deliver to members and supporters given the last couple of months.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
themonk

Post by themonk »

swoop42 wrote:The hold up can only be on the Scharenbergs side you feel because the club would be desperate for some good news, a ray of sunshine to deliver to members and supporters given the last couple of months.
True, but the fact that we are talking terms with his agent is very positive &
I'd be surprised if it all isn't finalised soon.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Aberrations my arse! I proudly wear my heart on my sleeve and use Nicks to express my unbridled and completely irrational and obsessive love of Collingwood. My professional life, as an academic, is devoted to calm, careful and balanced research, always grounded on sound theory and evidenced based data. However, when it comes to all things Collingwood, I have to jettison this approach completely. I embrace Collingwood wholeheartedly, without question and am proudly obsessive, emotional, and single-mindedly loyal to the black and white cause. So when I post on Nicks, I don't do this from the perspective of an objective, rational and logical commentator, I do so as a one-eyed servant to the cause of Collingwood. Does this mean that I am sometimes/often way off the mark in my analysis/pronouncements? You bet it does. Does this mean that the mood of my postings swing up and down with Collingwood's fortunes on the field? You bet it does.

Finally, there are a couple of regular Nicksters whose commentary is almost always sober, measured, rational and objective. I feel sorry for them. If I want to be really objective, rational and sober in my feelings about Collingwood, I wouldn't even follow the Pies. After all, all football clubs, including Collingwood, are now corporate/franchise entities, run by men in grey suits, for the purpose of building their own empires. Even the players are mainly doing it for the money. So if I was to be really honest with myself, I'd probably give up following collingwood completely, knowing that it now has no real connection to its working class roots, where generations of my family came from. However, I choose to ignore these facts. I choose to be deluded and swept along by the romance of Collingwood. I know it's superficial and the 'opiate of the masses', but nevertheless I embrace it 100 per cent. So feel free to disagree with my opinions or pronouncements, after all, I often do so myself, shortly after posting them. But do not dare to attack me for being overly emotional, irrational or lacking in objectivity. Those who do can stick their unemotional, rational, sober and objective analysis up their arse. I'm a Collingwood man and proud of it.
C'mon, name names!
I'm pretty sure that dyso is the main name that came to RB's mind. :wink:
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Pies4shaw wrote:
jackcass wrote:

C'mon, name names!
I'm pretty sure that dyso is the main name that came to RB's mind. :wink:
don't forget your mate 35forever. :lol:
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

jackcass wrote:

C'mon, name names!
In the words of that great blues singer, Sonny Boy Williamson II... "don't start me talkin' or I'll tell everything I know". :wink:
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

^ go on, i have a spare couple of minutes.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

John Wren wrote:^ go on, i have a spare couple of minutes.
:oops:
Yarra Falls End

Post by Yarra Falls End »

RudeBoy wrote:
If you need more than a couple of minutes, my weekends are free in September.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Yarra Falls End wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
If you need more than a couple of minutes, my weekends are free in September.
Ummmm......thanks.......but no thanks..... :?
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

RudeBoy wrote:So feel free to disagree with my opinions or pronouncements, after all, I often do so myself, shortly after posting them.
On balance, this is probably more sensible than (but not as funny as) those amongst us who disagree with their opinions even before they post them.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Tannin wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:So feel free to disagree with my opinions or pronouncements, after all, I often do so myself, shortly after posting them.
On balance, this is probably more sensible than (but not as funny as) those amongst us who disagree with their opinions even before they post them.
But I've paid for an argument!