Post Season 2003 - TRADE TALK

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

In the article that Joel posted it made mention of Dean Cox from West Coast who has been offered for trade.
In my opinion this guy would be able to assist Fraser extremely well as he showed great form for the Weagles when Gardiner was injured and as a back up to him throughout the year.

He can also go forward and kick goals.

Just worth a look, I think he would be better value than Nick Stevens.
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Heres one from left field ... McKernan wants out but seems noone is interested. If we could get him cheap (eg 4th round pick or something) it might be worth it. He only has about 2 years left in him so wouldnt trade much.
I reckon he could sit in the goal square (Pebs tend to be around the 50 and Taz leads 100m away) similar to Lynch. He could also help Josh in the ruck on occassion.

Even as I type this though, I am thinking "is that a reasonable idea or am I on drugs" :lol: :lol:
Melsa5

Post by Melsa5 »

I am not keen on Stevens...just for attitude reasons. He's a smart allec.

It has been quoted before that MM looks for skills and personality to fit into the side...do you really think he would fit in with his personality and also is he a team player???
chalky

Post by chalky »

Remember when we were happy to just be competitive, then satisfied when we improved to be just outside the 8, then so proud when we made the finals, played in a GF and LOST. The last GF loss was a staggering set back along that time line and quite rightly, questions must be asked.
Can the current playing list win a flag? Not just be competitive anymore, or merely make the finals (ala Port) but win a premiership?
I certainly don't subscribe to a policy of trying to buy a premiership like the crows re Carey but I do feel the Collingwood mind set has altered slightly due to our sustained successes over the past 2 yrs. We all seem to be a little more impatient, perhaps even desparate, as now the ultimate prize is so tantalisingly close. Within this climate, the severe scrutiny of players' skill and character will raise alot of angst amongst players and supporters alike. Our measure of success now, right or wrong, unlike the other clubs, is winning a GF. Can the current marketplace provide the ingredients to enable us to raise the bar another 10% as MM has stated?
Stevens, Brown,Solomon- the obvious targets, will each bring special qualities to the mix that will enhance our side. Enough for a premiership?
Don't know the answer, but we can confidently say, enough for another crack at it, unlike other clubs that merely HOPE and DREAM of success.
Players past their "used by" date will be retired with our gratitude, others will be told that their services are no longer required at Collingwood. This is not to say they are not good footballers but that in our hunger for ultimate success they are the pawns to be sacrificed. A truely tough call, but this is what we've become. Most have posted opinions on this with varying levels of credibility. Some that stand out were, Scoots looking for greener pastures (don't blame him) Kinnear (lacking the next level) and perhaps even Rupe, a great servant but slowing down each yr.
IMO the microscope should also be cast over Lokan, Lonie, McG and McKee. As already suggested, Lokan Shaw and Lonie shouldn't be in the same 22 and if Stunning is not the next best ruck then he should also seek another club. There could be others that go, if the price is right. Some of these may even be our sentimental faves! What price success!!
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Stevens would be good - but knowing our luck he'll end up at Melbourne or Richmond and we'll get scraps.

After Saturday, I'd love some attitude in the side but the meshing with the playing group has to work as well too. *nods* With Stevens tho, how much of his attitude was Port style....

Jen
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
creedymagpie

Post by creedymagpie »

Melsa5 wrote:I am not keen on Stevens...just for attitude reasons. He's a smart allec.

It has been quoted before that MM looks for skills and personality to fit into the side...do you really think he would fit in with his personality and also is he a team player???
For one i dont care about his personality, his ability overides that, and you dont get to where stevens is now if you are not a team player.

I dont care where he is from they guy is better than all of our midfielders bar bucks.
I love Danny Allsopp, Danny Allsopp loves me!
Sultan of spin

Post by Sultan of spin »

MM has a policy of only recruiting quality he says that he believes this is just as important as their football ability. Are Brown and Stevens quality people? I don't know and probably niether does anyone else here, but I believe there would have to be a ? over both of them.
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

I couldnt care less if brown is a rabid pids butt if he kicks fifty big ones and helps win a flag
Genesis 1:1
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

agreed, if brown kicks 50 goals and tazza and ant can get 40 each with daks getting 30 we can go one better next year

i think his attitude is fine.

we still need fraser backup
JLC

Post by JLC »

It will be interesting to see what happens to Kobe Bryant if he is found guilty of rape......after all he has helped the Lakers win Championships

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

UMMMM Corey McKernan...Yep your on Drugs

Cheers
Prynny_22

Post by Prynny_22 »

I think they will both b a bonus to the team,
Here are sum stats

Browns Stats
25yrs old,182cm,81kg
2003:
Goals:56 7th in the AFL
Marks:122 22nd in the AFL
Kicks: 245
Handballs:88
Disposals:333
PLAYER HONORS:2nd best and fairest 2000; 3rd best and fairest 2002; All-Australian 2001, 2002; International Rules Series 2000, 2001, 2002; Morrish Medal 1996.

Stevens Stats
23yrs old,180cm,83 kg
2003:
Goals:10 -plays on ball every week
Marks:76
Kicks:311 16th in the AFL
Handballs:176 25th in the AFL
Disposals:487 17th in the AFL
PLAYER HONOURS- 2nd best and fairest 2000; 3rd best and fairest 2001; International Rules Series 2001; AFL Rising Star nominee 1998; Michael Tuck Medal 2002; pre-season premiership sides 2001, 2002.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Ummmm. . . Why? What else do they do?
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

Both look good dont they but the woods need to be able to kick a big score as we already have the ability to choke the shissenhousen out of an opposition
Genesis 1:1
Joel

Post by Joel »

JLC wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens to Kobe Bryant if he is found guilty of rape......after all he has helped the Lakers win Championships

jlc
:shock:

Um, JLC? And that has what to do with this topic? LOL! :lol: