Post Season 2003 - TRADE TALK

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

Stevens, Brown, Solomon , Power; all these names raised are worth looking into and would be worthwhile acquisitions. If we can score 1-2 without selling ourselves short; well and good. However, one of the biggest messages from the GF was the lack of depth in tall forwards and ruck depth. Certainly we can expect players like Richards, Cam Cloke, King and Shackleton etc (yes these are various size players) to progress next season from Williamstown ranks. However, their progress may take some time and IMHO, we would be somewhat short-sighted to concentrate all our attention and resources on those named at top and similar instead of seeing if there is some reasonable quality height/forward on the market. Gentleman, ladies thoughts please!!
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!
JLC

Post by JLC »

Well people are saying that they are not worried about the character of the person as long as he kicks goals. Whereas i think the character does matter as they are representing our club. Angwin from Carlton has stacks of ability but is a thief. Would people want him at our club ?? Trent Hotton, Jonathon Ross and Aaron James just to name a few brought shame upon our club.

It will be interesting to see what the Lakers will do as Kobe is a star of the NBA.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
PiesFan

Post by PiesFan »

I dont think kicking goals is our main concern is it? Didnt we kick the second most amount of goals this year?

I think backup for Josh is number one priority. Then someone like Nathan brown, and a hard nut like Burnsy
JLC

Post by JLC »

We need that tall forward or a player who can play forward and kick goals like a Brown in case Tazz or Pebbles are injured.

We have seen how crap we are if one of them are out.

But yes we also need another ruckman.

This is the perfect opportunity for the younger players to say hang on if i work my butt off over summer there is a place for me in this team.

jlc
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

We kicked all of our biggest scores against the lower sides whereas we need the ability to if nescessary to shoot it out with the big guns
Genesis 1:1
JLC

Post by JLC »

I just hope Mercuri sticks to his guns and makes the club cough up.

jlc
Joel

Post by Joel »

maggies2003 wrote:i dont think solomon is leaving essendon..
Why? What do you base that on?
Joel

Post by Joel »

Source?
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

Ive read todays sun and I didnt see that
Genesis 1:1
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

L.Angwin

Post by piedys »

JLC wrote:Angwin from Carlton has stacks of ability but is a thief. Would people want him at our club ??
Well for starters he could get his clepto-ass on a plane up to Brisbane and retrieve our Cup back from the Bears. :?

Dyso
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

Dyso,
could be onto something there!!!! Qld cops not known for their efficiency, didn't they used to be "the best damm coppers you could buy"???
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

commonwombat wrote:Qld cops not known for their efficiency, didn't they used to be "the best damm coppers you could buy"???
CW,
With our luck, he'd only get caught in the act on video and get the standard Pies-Penalty: Two Weeks, No Parole.

Dyso
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
MAGNESIUM- PIE

Post by MAGNESIUM- PIE »

Well this is whats going to happen at Collingwood and thats if they are serious of winnig the cup next year and they won't with the current list thats for sure.

Retirements:
Freeborn
Richo
Molloy

Delistings: (ugly after another gf loss but it has to happen now)
Kinnear
L. Davis
Mckee
Mcgough

Trade bait:
Rup Bethrus
O'Bree
Lonie
Shaw
and maybe Scotland

Gain:
Stevens
Brown
maybe Solomon

TIME TO GET SORT OF RUTHLESS COLLINGWOOD AND NOT JUST EXCEPT ANY GRAND FINAL PERFORMANCE!

I know that its been a 7.5/10 season but if you can't win the cup and play your worst ever game on grand final day then time to get ruthless.
How was Wimbledon!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Trading their way out isn't going to solve anything. They may need another mid-fielder like Nicks, but their problems lie in the ruck - they definitely need a big nut ruckman to tackle the likes of Keating and Charman - this contributed to 50% of our GF loss. I don't know how they'll trade their way to a ruckman, but they've got to do something to sort this problem out. Josh is improving, but he'd be better placed in the forward line where is height and athleticism give him a definite advantage.
Joel

Post by Joel »

MAGNESIUM- PIE wrote:
Delistings: (ugly after another gf loss but it has to happen now)
Kinnear
L. Davis
Mckee
Mcgough
McGough will either stay, or be traded, but not delisted.