#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

RudeBoy wrote:
roar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:I've said it before but I'll say it again, and this time I mean it. This is my last comment on this matter!
Except for the next 3, or more.
You're encouraging me again roar. :roll:
You're the one that said it was the last comment on the matter. No caveats about wanting to reply to other posts.

So what are we up to now, 5 extra posts?
kill for collingwood!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

CH 7 Reckons he wants 400k a Season.

IF he wants that then he can go somewhere who would Overpay for Him
I am Da Man
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Yeah, it's starting to sound as if we drew the short straw with that first round pick in 2013.

Sheet happens and we'll just have to make the most of it. It will give Marsh a greater opportunity to develop his wares, without having to battle against Schazza for selection.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

PyreneesPie wrote:Yeah, it's starting to sound as if we drew the short straw with that first round pick in 2013.

Sheet happens and we'll just have to make the most of it. It will give Marsh a greater opportunity to develop his wares, without having to battle against Schazza for selection.
We might get our 2nd Choice anyway During the Trade Period :wink:
I am Da Man
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Dave The Man wrote:CH 7 Reckons he wants 400k a Season.

For a slow, timid, half back flanker? No thanks. Phuck him off.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

If the report is true, offer him 350K and see how he reacts. If he takes the money then he will have to justify his high salary by playing good footy. If he can't play good footy for that money he will have a very short career. If he goes to another football side he will be under the same pressure to produce. His best interest is staying at Collingwood where we have the best facilities and the best coaching staff and a young team of footballers his own age, some of whom come from his home state of Adelaide. The ball is in his court.
Medieval

Post by Medieval »

Personally, I think we'll lose him. I think it's a bad thing because:

1. He is very highly rated by a lot of former football champions.
2. He's young.
3. He has great natural ability.
4. He could be anything!

I think it's a good thing because:

1. He could be anything, including a dud (see Jack Watts).
2. We have enough young players to cover the position he would play. Ramsey and Maynard are the first two that come to mind.
3. He's young enough that losing him wouldn't hurt us too much on the field. Beamsy hurt a lot because he was easily in our top 5. Shazz has played 4(?) games and hasn't cemented his spot yet, although that is mostly due to injury.
4. He is the key to us getting Dangerfield. He fits the Crows current player profile in terms of age, considering their window has just opened.

I've always thought our chasing Treloar was a ruse. I don't think we've been as heavily into him as the media makes out. I don't want to give Bucks and Hine too much credit, but could it be possible that they took Shazz in the draft knowing he was highly rated but conceding that he was heavily injured with the goal to have him fit in time for Danger to be out of contract?
The only stat that matters is whether you win or lose.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Eddie is a guest host on AFL 360 tonight Wheatly asked him about Dunstall's comments on Cloke
He said I understand where Jason's coming from in regards to list building but we have been building our list around Travis and he isn't going anywhere. He also added he thought we were well inside Dunsttall's ascertain that we were 5yrs away
Then asked about Treloar rumour he said look we are always interested in improving our list. If Adam firstly wants to leave GWS then he has to nominate our club then we have to get a deal done so nothings certain in anything you read or hear in the media. Richmond and Carlton are also being mentioned so we will have to wait and see.
Then he said in regards of Scharenberg "Matt has told us internally he wants to stay at Collingwood and we are currently working through that now as well as Freeman so we have work to do there first before we go and look outside at other players"
Sounds positive from the president let's hope this gets done quickly now
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

If the report is true, offer him 350K and see how he reacts. If he takes the money then he will have to justify his high salary by playing good footy. If he can't play good footy for that money he will have a very short career. If he goes to another football side he will be under the same pressure to produce. His best interest is staying at Collingwood where we have the best facilities and the best coaching staff and a young team of footballers his own age, some of whom come from his home state of Adelaide. The ball is in his court.
If they want him, I hope they don't lose him over $50K. On the other hand, they obviously have to be careful not to pay more than they are paying the established young players (eg, Grundy, Langdon, Adams, Crisp, Elliott) or more than we can afford to offer Moore, De Goey and Maynard when they come out of contract (assuming that they will all be much better-performed than him at the end of their first two years).

Remind me, what are we paying Clinton Young to run around in the 2s? What are we paying Jesse White? The benchmark set by these contracts may be problematic.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Medieval wrote:Personally, I think we'll lose him. I think it's a bad thing because:

2. He's young.
4. He could be anything!

2. We have enough young players to cover the position he would play. Ramsey and Maynard are the first two that come to mind.
3. He's young enough that losing him wouldn't hurt us too much on the field. Beamsy hurt a lot because he was easily in our top 5. Shazz has played 4(?) games and hasn't cemented his spot yet, although that is mostly due to injury.
4. He is the key to us getting Dangerfield. He fits the Crows current player profile in terms of age, considering their window has just opened.

I've always thought our chasing Treloar was a ruse. I don't think we've been as heavily into him as the media makes out. I don't want to give Bucks and Hine too much credit, but could it be possible that they took Shazz in the draft knowing he was highly rated but conceding that he was heavily injured with the goal to have him fit in time for Danger to be out of contract?
No trading is needed for danger, he's a restricted FA, either crows match the offer (which has never happened before) or they don't and get band 1 compo.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

And if Shazza wants 400kpa let someone else pay it, he isn't worth it.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

Not sure if it impacts, but Pendles' contract was being restructured and that has been held up because his manager isn't accredited.

If the restructuring was required to fit Shazza or others into the salary cap, then maybe that is why nothing has been announced yet.

I'll be watching Team Sheet this week ... just in case.
All We Can Be
Medieval

Post by Medieval »

Defender wrote:
Medieval wrote:Personally, I think we'll lose him. I think it's a bad thing because:

2. He's young.
4. He could be anything!

No trading is needed for danger, he's a restricted FA, either crows match the offer (which has never happened before) or they don't and get band 1 compo.
IIRC, Adelaide can match the offer, and then trade him to whoever they want, to get what they want. Given that the compensation pick system has been pathetic, I think the Crows will most certainly match any offer and then go from there.
The only stat that matters is whether you win or lose.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Pies4shaw wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

If they want him, I hope they don't lose him over $50K. On the other hand, they obviously have to be careful not to pay more than they are paying the established young players (eg, Grundy, Langdon, Adams, Crisp, Elliott) or more than we can afford to offer Moore, De Goey and Maynard when they come out of contract (assuming that they will all be much better-performed than him at the end of their first two years).

Remind me, what are we paying Clinton Young to run around in the 2s? What are we paying Jesse White? The benchmark set by these contracts may be problematic.
Aren't we paying Clinton Young about 350K per year? So assuming we don't renew his contract we have about 350k to pay Scharenberg. Considering we potentially have a 10 year player on our hands, 350K doesn't seem too exorbitant to me. So let's say we offer Scharenberg a two year contract at 350K per year with incentives for an optional extension if he plays well, the most we lose is 700K which is the money we wasted on Young.
FLAGPIES

Post by FLAGPIES »

Young is on 375K per year. I can assure you he won't be offered a new Contract. Take that to the Bank!