#2 Shane Woewodin

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

^*Cl|T*^

Post by ^*Cl|T*^ »

This Bell guy in time may also turn into a very good player for the Demons. He may also be lucky enough to win a Brownlow medal.
Then he may also be treated harshly by the Dees and shifted onto another club where he may also be a solid contributor for his new club.
:) :)
blybo

Post by blybo »

BOG for Woey :D :D

Would some of the members here who were saying he is overrated like to change their stripes :wink: Woey certainly has after an up and down start at his new club. He has just taken 10-12 games to adjust and now is a solid contibutor most weeks
Buckley_King

Post by Buckley_King »

He was outstanding against the Blues I thought. However he had 7 clangers, so he would be just pipped by Burnsy as BOG.

Yes, he is very good.
shaunest

Post by shaunest »

Magpie Greg, stop having a go at our players. Woewodin is slow, granted. But he is one of the finest users of the football in the AFL. You don't win flags with 22 hard nuts with no skill. You need a proper balance, some with skill and some with guts. Woewodin is a player in our side who racks up the possies and uses them effectively. Our in and under players are more like Burns, Licuria etc... You obviously don't have a very good understanding of football.
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

mind you his worth nore but melbourne footy club have to pay 120 k over the next 2yrs for him
Prynny_22

Post by Prynny_22 »

magpie greg wrote:
Unfortunately I do. This so called "senior" player led from the back on Saturday. WHilst I excuse the younger players hearing footsteps I dont do so for this short stepper.

Three words sum up his finals career

DUD
DUD
DUD.
magpie greg <snip>, if collingwood didnt make the GF u would not b saying all this stuff about woewodin(WOEWONDERFUL) I would like to c u play in a AFL Grand Final Team. We (collingwood) got runners up in the season who would have thought in 2000, Collingwood would b playing a GF. So dont take this one loss out on woewodin

(no real need to get personal here - NP Mod)
Prynny_22

Post by Prynny_22 »

U would b saying more would u!!! y say then-Twelve possession the GF forone of out team leaders was pathetic.

ALSO if i remember in this years brownlow equal 2nd For Collingwood was OMG!! It was WOEWODIN equal with Tarrant. YES EQUAL 2nd in the brownlow for collingwood

U also said-He is the main target as he is allegedly (in the loosest sense of the description) a senior experienced player who refused to put his head over the ball.

Refused to put his head over the ball did he, The First goal to Collingwood in the GF was Shane Woewodin by PUTTING his head over the ball. He also had 2 frees for, Whats that from mmmmm. I think he must of had his head over the ball, he also made 3 tackles to try and get the ball.

And Also
Clear thinking mark for you today F-
Newelly
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Newelly »

Guys give Gregory a break he's just venting his spleen at a fantastically pisspoor team effort in losing a winnable GF. Unfair to single out one player out of that half-hearted, limp wristed, dickless, ball-less, apathetic, rambastic piece of amphibian sh!t style of football we played. The players might as well have donned Wiggles costumes and gave the kids something to laugh at. Like I said it was like watching your favourite pet mutt get run over by a bus and then that bus reversing over it a couple of times.
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
Daks

Post by Daks »

nobody listen to magpie greg.. we dont need to listen to him anyway. magpie greg will soon come ok once he learns a thing or 2 about footy. dont worry magpie greg, we will teach u.

(profanity removed - MargOZ for bbmods)
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Look Greg and Prynny this is stupidity do you really need to get personal just coz one guy thinks Woey let the side down and one person disagrees aren't there better things to argue about?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Blanch

Post by Blanch »

No hang on here...Woey is the ONLY reason we lost the GF. He was by far the worst player on the ground and if only we'd had someone else to replace him the cup was ours.....how absolutely f**ken stupid does that sound? C'mon, ease up on him. I realise we all need a scapegoat. So far we've got Leon, MM, Cloke, woey, Ant, the entire midfield.....everyone needs their scapegoat. Time for us to put it behind us and realise that we won games as a team and in the GF we lost it as a team.

Anyone who says Woey didn't perform in the qualifying final and prelim this year plz pm to discuss. Want to talk about leading from the front in those games? Those games don't count though...they are not "real" finals right?
My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Wowey has had a pretty good year. He runs at one speed (not fast) but can do that all day. His disposal is immaculate. He goes in hard.

That was prior to the GF. In the GF he did not go in hard and I reckon he knows it. I can think of at least 2 occassions where he stuck out a foot at the ball rather than put his body on the line. This is out of character for him. You can maybe forgive the youngsters for doing this but not someone with this experience.

I am sure he will be given another chance. Talk of trading him is a bit silly. He knows what he did and I would not expect to see it again.
ScottyMac

Post by ScottyMac »

Lets shove all the blame on woey... why the hell not... It's his fault Shaw fumbled in the backline, it's his fault the WHOLE TEAM played the worst game I have seen in a long time and it is his fault the sun hasn't risen in ol bendigo this morning... I say all you dickheads that don't want to support woewoedin (who is in fact part of OUR great team) and understand it was a team display not a woewodin display piss off becuase we don't want any of our supporters or people from the club Hanging the team out to dry!!!

* Pardon the use of language but seriously Black and white is Black and white... Anyone who pulls on our famous jumper wears it with pride.. they may not always perform to there highest capabilities.. but they are still magpies!!!!!!
Prynny_22

Post by Prynny_22 »

ScottyMac I Agree with u, people keep blaming woewodin, its his first season with our club and i just hope next year he has a gr8 season and then we can cum back here to remind people wat they are saying. I think that ScottyMac and I have been the only positve 1's 4 woey
Joel

Post by Joel »

Okay, if you are going to dispute Woeys worth, can you please confine it to the one topic, rather than bickering in two different threads? Thankyou.