#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

burnsy17 wrote:That will be pick 12 or 13, depending on where they finish... We've done well if thats the case.
I think it's fair all round, Aish is worth the same, our pick 7 is to much for Aish though, maybe we give them pick 7 and they give us their second rounder.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Remember Burnsy Shazza would have likely gone top 2 in the draft if it wasn't for first his injury and secondly the operation and rehab time to fix it, and it's fixed now, sure he did his ACL as well but he's came back from that in very quick time, shit, now that I think about it the crows first rounder might be unders.
Defender...........

You like this.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Well I've wavered on this one for months now. Surely a solid citizen would appreciate the time and work Collingwood has put into his recovery? Surely he'd sign as quickly as he could given his recent history?

So, all indications are he's probably leaving. Most players holding out on signing contracts do eventually leave don't they?

But then there are Buckley's consistent comments saying he's confident he'll sign once the details are settled. Still, coaches (Leon Cameron Monday) are sometimes more positive in their public comments than they would be thinking privately.

I won't be surprised either way, but I'm still leaning to his leaving.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Neil Appleby wrote:Well I've wavered on this one for months now. Surely a solid citizen would appreciate the time and work Collingwood has put into his recovery? Surely he'd sign as quickly as he could given his recent history?

So, all indications are he's probably leaving. Most players holding out on signing contracts do eventually leave don't they?

But then there are Buckley's consistent comments saying he's confident he'll sign once the details are settled. Still, coaches (Leon Cameron Monday) are sometimes more positive in their public comments than they would be thinking privately.

I won't be surprised either way, but I'm still leaning to his leaving.
I'd be very surprised if he stayed, what's he waiting for now? I agree with Swoop when he said we can't risk playing him in the VFL finals now, we need to protect his worth, if he does another knee we'll be flat out getting the crows second rounder.
Defender...........

You like this.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

It takes time to work out contracts. We don't know who will be on our list at the end of the year so putting more than a lowball offer on the table will be difficult. Could be it's just being worked out. Certainly a chance he's going but it's no certainty till the call is made.
Well done boys!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

AN_Inkling wrote:It takes time to work out contracts. We don't know who will be on our list at the end of the year so putting more than a lowball offer on the table will be difficult. Could be it's just being worked out. Certainly a chance he's going but it's no certainty till the call is made.
Nothing's ever certain until it happens, but mate, everything is pointing to him leaving, just doesn't make sense to hold out this long.

Why would he hold out for a better deal knowing treloar has chosen us 'and' we've announced interest in Aish, does he want a peice of a smaller pie? Use your head.
Defender...........

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

At least you know recruits want to play for your club, draftees are forced too.
Defender...........

You like this.
On the March
Been liked: 1 time

Post by On the March »

I still don't get why Shaza gets all the attention but not a word on Freeman
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

On the March wrote:I still don't get why Shaza gets all the attention but not a word on Freeman
Dudes had a 2 year hammy, I don't think he's exactly fighting off offers with a stick, my gut feel is the club knows more than they're letting on about his future as an AFL player.
Defender...........

You like this.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

All?
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

Magic 8 ball says:

(shake shake shake)

outlook not so good

:(
McRae for Governor-General!
E

Post by E »

Defender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Big T wrote:If he leaves, it's a total failure from Hine and co. If Freeman doesn't make it, it's a bloody disaster.
Hey, welcome back Big T.

I disagree about losing the 'berg as it depends on what we get back in return should he leave. I can see your point though in terms of having 2 picks in the top 10 with respect to Freeman.
The Whorks wasted pick 7 not to long ago, didn't seem to slow them up much, and as you said we'll get a decent pick for Shazza, I'm hoping around 11-12, that will give us plenty of currency to land treloar and Aish (if we want him)
Xavier Ellis? imagine how good the Hawks would be if instead of Xavier Ellis, they took S Pendlebury?
E

Post by E »

By the way, the puff piece from De Goey that talks about how happy he is that Treloar is joining him in the midfield makes mention of both Nathan Freeman and Scharenberg, and De Goey makes mention that he is looking forward to them coming on next season.

There was no fudging at all from De Goay in this regard.

Not sure he would say that if there was massive controversy.

I personally cant see how Scharenberg would leave and Aish would join us. I would have thought the Aish move was so that they could all play together.,
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

E wrote:I personally cant see how Scharenberg would leave and Aish would join us. I would have thought the Aish move was so that they could all play together.
yep, it does not make sense to me that aish would join only to see schazza leave. i see that aish may be a chance of staying with the lions.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What makes it impossible?