#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

John Wren wrote:
E wrote:I personally cant see how Scharenberg would leave and Aish would join us. I would have thought the Aish move was so that they could all play together.
yep, it does not make sense to me that aish would join only to see schazza leave. i see that aish may be a chance of staying with the lions.
He attended their review meeting.
Well done boys!
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

John Wren wrote:
E wrote:I personally cant see how Scharenberg would leave and Aish would join us. I would have thought the Aish move was so that they could all play together.
yep, it does not make sense to me that aish would join only to see schazza leave. i see that aish may be a chance of staying with the lions.
From what I can see his relationship with the Lions is cooked. He needs to find another club to get opportunity.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The truth is none of us know whether he really wants to stay or is dragging out the negotiations, to save face when he tries to get a trade to the Crows.

My hunch, however, is that the positive comments from Bucks and De Goey etc, about looking forward to having him in the side next season, are all part of a carefully constructed public relations campaign to exert some emotional pressure on Scharenberg to 'do the right thing'.

All I do know is that I am yet to hear him publicly say he wants to play for Collingwood. I also know that despite 18 months of attempts, he is yet to sign. Make of that what you will.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

RudeBoy wrote:The truth is none of us know whether he really wants to stay or is dragging out the negotiations, to save face when he tries to get a trade to the Crows.

My hunch, however, is that the positive comments from Bucks and De Goey etc, about looking forward to having him in the side next season, are all part of a carefully constructed public relations campaign to exert some emotional pressure on Scharenberg to 'do the right thing'.

All I do know is that I am yet to hear him publicly say he wants to play for Collingwood. I also know that despite 18 months of attempts, he is yet to sign. Make of that what you will.
RB, the FACTS you present are very hard to argue with. I do not know what the final outcome will be but your comments on this issue are spot on.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

Aish and Sharenberg where just seen riding a tandem Bike across Swan St bridge. Didn't stop at the Holden Centre though.............
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

BBHS wrote:Aish and Sharenberg where just seen riding a tandem Bike across Swan St bridge. Didn't stop at the Holden Centre though.............
Heading towards Punt Road maybe..... :?
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Lazza wrote:
BBHS wrote:Aish and Sharenberg where just seen riding a tandem Bike across Swan St bridge. Didn't stop at the Holden Centre though.............
Heading towards Punt Road maybe..... :?
They could be on the Western Hwy heading out of town. Probably stop and have a meal with Danger when they cross paths near the border.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Yarra Falls End

Post by Yarra Falls End »

First 1000 posts down.

Lets get another 1000 before the trade season actually begins
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

It's official "1000" posts!!!!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

On the March wrote:I still don't get why Shaza gets all the attention but not a word on Freeman
It's peculiar situation with Freeman.

You'd think most young players with his injury history would be happy to re-sign and guarantee themselves a couple more years in the AFL system with the bigger money to follow should they perform well.

While I very much hope he stays as he's a type we could use when fit you start to wonder if he could end up being used in a deal for Treloar or even Aish.

If it was part of the Treloar deal you'd think we are looking at a second GWS player also.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^I can't see it happening. Trading him at his absolute lowest value would not be smart.

I think it's more likely that we're waiting to see how much we can pay him once we've more of an idea who else will be on our list.
Well done boys!
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Scharenberg named for the VFL this week.

Does that mean he is staying or going?????

I have no idea.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Rumour has it that he wants X amount, club has offered him Y. His Manager has said another club will give him X but he wants to stay a Pie. It's only rumour but if it's the Crows all may hinge on what Dangerfield does.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

RudeBoy wrote:The truth is none of us know whether he really wants to stay or is dragging out the negotiations, to save face when he tries to get a trade to the Crows.

Buckley was pretty clear here that Scharenberg wants to stay and that they are negotiating. A bit more than the empty comments Leon Cameron gave about Treloar wanting to be at GWS.
Bucks wrote: "I know there's a bit of talk around at the moment, but talking to 'Schaz' - he wants to stay with us - and has directed his management to that end," Buckley said on Sports Today.

"It's just a matter of finding a fair and equitable arrangement for that to proceed."
It's looking like Scharenberg will stay unless the Adelaide offer is significantly higher than ours. My guess is that our original offer was far lower than what Adelaide are willing to pay, we're now just seeing how high we can go and whether it's enough. If Dangerfield does leave then unfortunately the Crows will have a lot of cash to splash.

With a bigger offer on the table his manager would not be doing his job if he didn't try to get Collingwood to go as close to matching it as possible, even if Scharenberg doesn't want to leave.
Well done boys!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

He wants $400,000 or so says the rumours.

Not worth that at present I would have thought.

We'd be offering more in the $250,000 to $300,000 you'd think.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!