#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I'm going with my last thoughts I believe/think/hope it's all because we need to see how the trade period works out for us to see how much cap space we have and how much or how long we can sign him for. It might be a case of more years with $$$$ increasing to get him over the line.
Could be his made his mind up one way or another only he and his manager probably know.
His season isn't over yet he is picked to play in the seconds this weekend so let him play.
I'm with JW I think he will stay
Psst JW can I come to the tea party now too ? I'll bring some cognac to go with the tea !!

Every one is entitled to an opinion some will be right some will be wrong when it final sorts itself out one way of another
RB I hope your wrong this time mate
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

So nothing?
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Darkstranger wrote:So nothing?
Seinfeld is taking over this thread.
It is a thread about nothing.
Jerry would be happy!
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

RudeBoy wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
RudeBoy wrote: I'm expressing an opinion. I thought that's what this forum was for. :?
So am I RB...My opinion is calling the kid a liar and assassinating his character with next to nothing to base it on is uncalled for.
He's probably a lovely kid and he's entitled to negotiate in whatever manner he or his manager chooses. I've never questioned his right to do that. My opinion, however, is that he has used several different excuses to delay negotiations until the eleventh hour for one reason and one reason only - he has been waiting for a big offer from the Crows. He has a right to do that and I have a right not to like it. Of course I may be wrong. It is my opinion nonetheless. Regardless of whether we end up agreeing to his demands or he departs for Adelaide, as a Collingwood supporter, with no inside information, I do not like the way he and his manager have behaved over the past 18 months.
18 months? eh? contract negotiations would not have started the day he turned up.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
nomadjack wrote: So am I RB...My opinion is calling the kid a liar and assassinating his character with next to nothing to base it on is uncalled for.
He's probably a lovely kid and he's entitled to negotiate in whatever manner he or his manager chooses. I've never questioned his right to do that. My opinion, however, is that he has used several different excuses to delay negotiations until the eleventh hour for one reason and one reason only - he has been waiting for a big offer from the Crows. He has a right to do that and I have a right not to like it. Of course I may be wrong. It is my opinion nonetheless. Regardless of whether we end up agreeing to his demands or he departs for Adelaide, as a Collingwood supporter, with no inside information, I do not like the way he and his manager have behaved over the past 18 months.
18 months? eh? contract negotiations would not have started the day he turned up.
It was reported back in May that Collingwood first tried to sign him for a contract extension in the first half of 2014. This is normal practice, just as we did with Moore, De Goey and Maynard this year. By my maths that's about 18 months ago. :roll:
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

So, have we finally started asking questions about Freeman? ;)
Well done boys!
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

thompsoc wrote:
Jerry would be happy!
Yadda yadda yadda - blah blah blah... :wink:
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Domesticated_Ape

Post by Domesticated_Ape »

RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote: He's probably a lovely kid and he's entitled to negotiate in whatever manner he or his manager chooses. I've never questioned his right to do that. My opinion, however, is that he has used several different excuses to delay negotiations until the eleventh hour for one reason and one reason only - he has been waiting for a big offer from the Crows. He has a right to do that and I have a right not to like it. Of course I may be wrong. It is my opinion nonetheless. Regardless of whether we end up agreeing to his demands or he departs for Adelaide, as a Collingwood supporter, with no inside information, I do not like the way he and his manager have behaved over the past 18 months.
It was reported back in May that Collingwood first tried to sign him for a contract extension in the first half of 2014. This is normal practice, just as we did with Moore, De Goey and Maynard this year. By my maths that's about 18 months ago. :roll:
The club inquired about a contract extension after Shaz did his knee(about 12 months ago?), but were told he'd prefer to wait until he was back playing footy before considering it, which is fair enough. Not sure where you're getting the idea that it was the first half of 2014. He was in rehab for his feet then and only a few months into his first year of a 2 year deal.

There probably wasn't any more contact between the club and his management until he was at least back playing VFL in 2015 and maybe not until a couple of weeks after he played his first senior game. If that's the case, then you're being ridiculously harsh. Negotiations take time and it's not Shazza's fault the Crows are coming at him with huge money.
Domesticated_Ape

Post by Domesticated_Ape »

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Sounds very promising. And what a quality young man for wanting to finish up with his playing responsibilities first :D.
Well done boys!
Rexy17

Post by Rexy17 »

So has he signed yet.... I have been away
B.U.M.S ROCK...That's Ballarat United Magpies Supporters.....Long trip but even longer hangovers!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Rexy17 wrote:So has he signed yet.... I have been away
i think you need to exercise some patience.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

thompsoc wrote:
Jerry would be happy!
THis thread has turned more Jerry Springer than Jerry Seinfeld
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Rexy17 wrote:So has he signed yet.... I have been away
I'm not sure, check with Rudeboy.
Well done boys!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

why am I thinking 'demented stalker' when reading through this thread? :o
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.