#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Flashman

Post by Flashman »

He's just made a believer of me.

Even if it was at VFL level there was plenty to like and his composure and reading of the play was fantastic in the first half especially. He looked like a veteran instead of a 19 year old kid out there in a pretty fiercely contested game.

I hope we keep now.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

RudeBoy wrote:His first half showed why so many experts have big raps for the kid. However, his best work seemed to be as a loose man in defence, intercepting forward entries. Nevertheless, his reading of the play was excellent. In the 2nd half, after Marsh's injury, he had to play much more accountable football and was exposed for his lack of strength. Still, overall, it was his best effort yet, so if he ends up committing to us, let's hope his highlights from today are a promise of his potential.

Yep as a Loose Intercepting Mark he was fantastic but was shown up when he had to play on a Man
I am Da Man
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:His first half showed why so many experts have big raps for the kid. However, his best work seemed to be as a loose man in defence, intercepting forward entries. Nevertheless, his reading of the play was excellent. In the 2nd half, after Marsh's injury, he had to play much more accountable football and was exposed for his lack of strength. Still, overall, it was his best effort yet, so if he ends up committing to us, let's hope his highlights from today are a promise of his potential.

Yep as a Loose Intercepting Mark he was fantastic but was shown up when he had to play on a Man
To be fair Dave, Scharenberg was at a bit of a size and strength disadvantage with that particular match up.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Flashman wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

To be fair Dave, Scharenberg was at a bit of a size and strength disadvantage with that particular match up.
Yep, HBFer on a genuine KPP type compounded by Scharenberg's limited preparation.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

I went to the game today and Shazza had 19 touches in the first half. Prior to today I had my doubts but this kid could be something very special. He has the ability to turn defence into a true offensive move. He is a keeper.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Domesticated_Ape

Post by Domesticated_Ape »

Member 7167 wrote:I went to the game today and Shazza had 19 touches in the first half. Prior to today I had my doubts but this kid could be something very special. He has the ability to turn defence into a true offensive move. He is a keeper.
Every game he plays from now on will result in more and more people jumping on his bandwagon.

It's about time too. :)
melliot

Post by melliot »

He was really good in the first half. Second half he got pantsed by Browne.

But he does have the casualness about him that reminds me of Jack Watts. He does lack intensity when the ball is in a scrap.

Still hope he signs with us. But he is not without his shortfalls.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

melliot wrote:He was really good in the first half. Second half he got pantsed by Browne.

But he does have the casualness about him that reminds me of Jack Watts. He does lack intensity when the ball is in a scrap.

Well Brown is Bigger and Stronger and More Experience that the Berg. So no Big Surprise that Happened

We need good ball users and he is 1 we already have
I am Da Man
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

i still think he will stay.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

John Wren wrote:i still think he will stay.
I reackon he be Signed by this time next week :D
I am Da Man
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

melliot wrote:He was really good in the first half. Second half he got pantsed by Browne.

Not sure if he went to Browne after Pendlebury (who should have been his opponent) got beat or if it was just situational covering, but Matt shouldn't be playing man on man against a genuine KPP.
Well done boys!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

AN_Inkling wrote:

Not sure if he went to Browne after Pendlebury (who should have been his opponent) got beat or if it was just situational covering, but Matt shouldn't be playing man on man against a genuine KPP.
maynard and pendles were the tall backs. schaz went deeper back went one of them came off.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
bally12

Post by bally12 »

There was a contest deep in the pocket where Browne physically monstered Shaz in a marking duel and his knee nearly buckled under the weight. It actually bent sideways a bit.

Talk about heart in your mouth stuff.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Was thinking the same thing, especially after Marsh went down.
Well done boys!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

John Wren wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

maynard and pendles were the tall backs. schaz went deeper back went one of them came off.
JW, how good is your memory ?? If I remember correctly, last time Sandy and Pies played, Sharenberg spent a lot of time on Brown and Brown actually had one of his quietest games of the year. The only reason I remember is because I was talking to Mitch Browns dad a week after that game and he was saying how impressed his son was with Sharenberg.
This was before Sharenberg had debuted in the seniors.