#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

As we are nicking here, he is pulling out his pen and ready to sign..sign...sign..
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

piester wrote:<please reinstate after reviewing the rules - thx, the mods>
Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Copies of articles from media sites should carry full attribution - author, publisher, date, link. Copies of posts on other bulletin boards should credit the original author and bulletin board. Articles originating on any site published by Telstra (official AFL and club sites) are not to be reposted on this board - post a link to the article instead.
I haven't seen this type of post from our mods in quite some time. I must admit that I thought we had quietly changed the rule on this as so many articles are now posted in full, just as this one was.

Could we have a revisit of the rules for consistency please?
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Neil Appleby wrote:
piester wrote:<please reinstate after reviewing the rules - thx, the mods>
Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Copies of articles from media sites should carry full attribution - author, publisher, date, link. Copies of posts on other bulletin boards should credit the original author and bulletin board. Articles originating on any site published by Telstra (official AFL and club sites) are not to be reposted on this board - post a link to the article instead.
I haven't seen this type of post from our mods in quite some time. I must admit that I thought we had quietly changed the rule on this as so many articles are now posted in full, just as this one was.

Could we have a revisit of the rules for consistency please?
I think most people just include a salient para or 2 from articles and include the link
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I don't see the problem with quoting entire articles, once anything is posted to the net it becomes public property.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

It is not necessary to post an entire article unless it is behind a pay wall.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

since i have yet to receive my personal club email advising schazza has signed, i can only assume this has not yet happened.

for the love of god i hope schazza signs soon. the thread is now discussing the tedious.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

John Wren wrote:for the love of god i hope schazza signs soon. the thread is now discussing the tedious.
My Sri Lankan teas are getting cold too............. :cry:
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

Defender wrote:I don't see the problem with quoting entire articles, once anything is posted to the net it becomes public property.
You need to read some of the T&C's on news websites, particularly under sections on IP.
Go Pies!
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Maybe we could actually discuss something constructive then: is it really necessary to use abbreviations that most people don't understand? Just write the bloody words. I get sick of rushing off to Google to try to find what these mean. ETA? T&Cs? IP?

The whole point of coming here is to communicate with your audience; that's us the readers.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Neil Appleby wrote:Maybe we could actually discuss something constructive then: is it really necessary to use abbreviations that most people don't understand? Just write the bloody words. I get sick of rushing off to Google to try to find what these mean. ETA? T&Cs? IP?

The whole point of coming here is to communicate with your audience; that's us the readers.
ead. that's defender's favourite acronym. :lol:
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Surely if Shazza is going to re-sign it'll happen this week.

You'd think he'd be off on holidays or something real soon.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:Maybe we could actually discuss something constructive then: is it really necessary to use abbreviations that most people don't understand? Just write the bloody words. I get sick of rushing off to Google to try to find what these mean. ETA? T&Cs? IP?

ead. that's defender's favourite acronym. :lol:
DILLIGAF?
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

http://www.nightattheopera.net/contract.html
Go Pies!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Snazza can't find a pen
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Weren't we talking about Passing over Ryan Griffen in the process ? I'm confused!