we lost our chance to get brown, he signed with tigers

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Collies4Eva

we lost our chance to get brown, he signed with tigers

Post by Collies4Eva »

what a bummer!! why would he want to sign with a loser team like richmond for???

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,86 ... 11,00.html
Cakewalk

Post by Cakewalk »

As I stated in the "Nathan Brown" thread , looks like it was a weak effort and a lack of conviction by our recruiting staff that cost us.
"Are you an angry man? Are you envious? Do you get envious? I have competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. At times, I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. "
Collies4Eva

Post by Collies4Eva »

he seems like one that really got away...he wouldve complemented our midfield or forward line perfectly. we should really try and make sure we get someone like stevens now...we just need one or 2 players to make our team perfect...
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Sybil

Post by Sybil »

Well that's a pity, we really need more talent and class otherwise Bucks will retire flagless.
Everyone has a little crazyness in them it is fun having a split personality
mandy

Post by mandy »

Bugger
M@®©

Post by M@®© »

I recall brown saying On The Couch ..... that he wanted to play in a Premiership side .......Once again a quality player goes to a side that isnt coached to well and wont make a G/F for a while yet
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

He was and is only after money, which is what turned Collingwood off.

Rumour I heard is he wanted to play more on the ball and with the pies picking up Stevens (so they are saying) his opportunities would be limited.
stik35

Post by stik35 »

Before everyone starts bagging the Club for NOT picking him up - maybe you should look at the reasons why.

If he was only interested in money then he would not have fitted in with our current group of players, some of whom are just as good - if not better - but are not being paid as much as he was asking for.

Also for this reason also, maybe his character fell short of what we are looking for in a player.

Hopefully Nick Stevens actually WANTS to play for Collingwood and as Eddie says "we don't want to have to sell the farm".
If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

He can't "sign" with the Tigers - he can only tell the Doggies that they are his preferred club.

The Tigers then have to negotiate a transfer with the Doggies. If they can't negotiate a satidfactory deal, then he must nominate for the draft, and there are a few clubs in line before the Tiges.

Of course, if he does that, then the Doggies get nothing for him.

I don't know that the race is over yet.
JLC

Post by JLC »

Money money money.......Richmond have a habit of over paying players........just ask Nick Daffy, David Bourke or Ben Holland. That is why Richmond are forced to keep playing players when they leave their club.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
colt

Post by colt »

If he goes to Richmond, then his career has just nose-dived straight down the toilet.............. :roll:
labrooy

Post by labrooy »

He doesn't want to participate in off-field activities. He wants a good pay packet. He is a quality player but hasn't been tested by playing for a good team in big matches. I say let Richmond have him, if Didak can improve further next year we will have our goalkicking small forward anyway.
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

he's made his decision, he has to live with the consequences whether they be positive or negative careerr-wise. One that got away? Time will judge that. Having said that, Richmond's track record on and off-field doesn't inspire confidence. It's now the business of Richmond F.C and N.Brown. Can't see this is a matter we should all be slitting our wrists over, look elsewhere for acquisitions.
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

I really thought that he would have been a valuable asset for the Pies forward line, and it is a shame that he prefers mediocrity instead of excellence....I guess after playhing for Footscray for so long, Richmond would actually look professional....I agree with a lot of sediments regarding the future of our young guns..if we missed out on Brown, no biggy...I have said all along that I thkn we need a Ruckman to help out Josh, Another Tall Forward Option, One who marks and plays from the square (A real Full Forward would be nice) and a hardened back man..and another clement type is exactly what I was meaning....

Cheers