#35,#1 Alex Fasolo

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

E wrote:Assuming we get Treloar, I believe we have 19 first picked players in our team (i.e., if they are fit, they should play) and FAZ is one of them.

Backs - Langdon, Scharenberg, Williams, Brown, Reid (5)

Mids - Grundy, Pendles, Swan, Sidey, Treloar, Adams, Greenwood, Varcoe, De Goey, Broomhead (10)

Forwards - Cloke, Moore, Elliot, FAZ!!!! (4)

I would make all 19 of these players untouchable!

There are then about 15 players who also capable of getting games if form and availability of the above makes it possible.

Crisp, Frost, White, Witts, Oxley, Goldsack, Blair, Maynard, Marsh, Ramsey, Sinclair, Ben Kenn, Seedsman, Macaffer, Toovey.

If this list was reduced to 10 players by the start of next season, by trading those that have any currency that we could convert into a first picked player, I don't think that hurts our best team. so far, we have had rumors about Frost, Witts, Seedsman and Kennedy.

Freeman and Goodyear haven't shown me anything yet (and Freeman seems gone), Gault and Abbott are rookies - Cox not considered.

Total of 39 players.
Good analysis but Crisp belongs in the starting mid group IMO
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Deja Vu wrote:
E wrote:Assuming we get Treloar, I believe we have 19 first picked players in our team (i.e., if they are fit, they should play) and FAZ is one of them.

Mids - Grundy, Pendles, Swan, Sidey, Treloar, Adams, Greenwood, Varcoe, De Goey, Broomhead (10)

There are then about 15 players who also capable of getting games if form and availability of the above makes it possible.

Crisp, Frost, White, Witts, Oxley, Goldsack, Blair, Maynard, Marsh, Ramsey, Sinclair, Ben Kenn, Seedsman, Macaffer, Toovey.

If this list was reduced to 10 players by the start of next season, by trading those that have any currency that we could convert into a first picked player, I don't think that hurts our best team. so far, we have had rumors about Frost, Witts, Seedsman and Kennedy.

Freeman and Goodyear haven't shown me anything yet (and Freeman seems gone), Gault and Abbott are rookies - Cox not considered.

Total of 39 players.
Good analysis but Crisp belongs in the starting mid group IMO
Maynard is a starter too.
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

Would love to retain Marsh...
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

An important player if he can get his confidence up. Needs to get nastier and cockier again, dropped his head for a bit.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

3rd degree wrote:An important player if he can get his confidence up. Needs to get nastier and cockier again, dropped his head for a bit.
Indeed. Needs more Brutus Beefcake and less Ricky Steamboat.
Get back on top.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Cam wrote:
3rd degree wrote:An important player if he can get his confidence up. Needs to get nastier and cockier again, dropped his head for a bit.
and more Elizabeth
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Cam wrote:
Definitely Brutus when he held the tag belts with "The Hammer" :lol: :wink:
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Total of 39 players.
Other than a couple of specific posters pushing their own ill informed and completely misguided hate agenda I haven't heard or read anything about Frost in relation to trade options.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

jackcass wrote:

Total of 39 players.
Other than a couple of specific posters pushing their own ill informed and completely misguided hate agenda I haven't heard or read anything about Frost in relation to trade options.
Alright then, I'll see you one: Frost for Talia +/- other tradeables.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Need Frost for depth, I reckon as neither Brown nor Reid are the most physically reliable types.

Pretty much agree with E's list of 19 - I'd probably add Crisp, not sure if I would include Fas - these are the players I see being our future. Some of the others (Marsh, Ramsay, Maynard) I expect to be etched into that list by this time next year so they would also be "untouchable" at this stage.
kill for collingwood!
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Fasolo was our best forward in the second half of the season.
Problem is, he seems to perform best when Cloke is missing.

Conversion was a problem at times, but he has demonstrated he is better than that over previous seasons. Also improved his forward pressure, although it is yet to be considered a strength.

I think he is a keeper at present
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

stui magpie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote: My concern is can we play both Faz & Elliott in the same forward line ?
They are both the same type lead up mid sized forwards
Where does this myth come from? They are not the same. yeah, they have some similar traits but they're not the same.
Stui name me a game when they played together they both had a impact forward ?
My opinion is they both like to be lead up type medium size players. Neither are crumbers neither are overly defensive types and neither have the tank to run in the midfield and both love to be focal targets in th forward 50 that's what I meant.
Faz best games came with Cloke missing, Elliott's came with Cloke in the side but playing up the ground
Elliott is a far more reliable kick but Faz isn't a slouch.
I just don't see them as a perfect fit together in the same forward line but we aren't overly stocked with genuine reliable goal,kickers either.
I've said before I would love a Gunston type around they 190cm hybrid style to compliment our others forwards and a true crumber
I still not into trading him unless it's for huge overs in our favour
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote: My concern is can we play both Faz & Elliott in the same forward line ?
They are both the same type lead up mid sized forwards
Where does this myth come from? They are not the same. yeah, they have some similar traits but they're not the same.
Stui name me a game when they played together they both had a impact forward ?
My opinion is they both like to be lead up type medium size players. Neither are crumbers neither are overly defensive types and neither have the tank to run in the midfield and both love to be focal targets in th forward 50 that's what I meant.
Faz best games came with Cloke missing, Elliott's came with Cloke in the side but playing up the ground
Elliott is a far more reliable kick but Faz isn't a slouch.
I just don't see them as a perfect fit together in the same forward line but we aren't overly stocked with genuine reliable goal,kickers either.
I've said before I would love a Gunston type around they 190cm hybrid style to compliment our others forwards and a true crumber
I still not into trading him unless it's for huge overs in our favour
So you'd pursue Jeremy Howe?
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
E

Post by E »

jackcass wrote:

Total of 39 players.
yes folks, he actually said that.....
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

No
Boom baby!