Gun laws in USA??

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:Could American gun laws really get any worse, though? I struggle to think how.
Funny thing is I didn't know Nevada was as open carry state, I wandered round vegas at all hours and never felt unsafe.

I was a tad surprised to see shopping mall security armed to the teeth but I like guns so rather than freak out I had to resist walking up and asking them if I could please have a look at their hand cannon :oops:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Wokko wrote:An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein
Sounds great.. but, if you add; meth, alcohol, lunatics that our legal system let roam the streets (supported by do gooding lunatics that live in a bubble) & many other oxygen thiefs, that are amongst us ....... it'd be an insane blood bath!
Don't count the days, make the days count.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Wokko wrote:An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein
Translation: in a society ruled by fear of death, people don't talk shit to each other. Yep, sounds like a real utopia. Talk about freedom of speech!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Skids

Post by Skids »

David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Yep, the Democrats are sure confronting those issues in Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore and DC. :roll:
David

Post by David »

Who else do you see trying to raise the minimum wage, increase funding and access to social services, etc.? I'm not saying you have to agree with the Democrats ideologically, but if you want to reduce poverty (and the gun crime that accompanies it) I don't see why you'd vote for anyone else.

What's the Republican plan for decreasing gun violence, again? Do they have one?
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I don't have to do whatever you say. I have my own free will.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Large image but worth the look. If mods want to turn it into a link instead of an img then feel free (or tell me to do it) :lol:

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Interesting stats.

I've got one of these hanging on each side of the bed. Burglars beware.

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Skids

Post by Skids »

I need a like button for Wokkos post!

Makes sense, a drug fuelled home invader is gunna think twice if old Mrs Jones might have a pistol to sort him out, now he knows shes got nothing to protect herself. Or hopefully he doesn't and gets a bit of lead in his arse!
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

^ http://blog.skepticallibertarian.com/20 ... an-the-us/

If you cannot trust someone to represent very basic comparative statistics carefully and properly, it is hard to tale the rest of his argument seriously....

And I agree fully, David. Psychos who might shoot up schools are a problem. Psychos who might shoot up schools and who have a high-powered gun handy in the house ... they are a really, really big problem.
Two more flags before I die!
David

Post by David »

Thanks for posting that, Mugwump. Good to see even people on the 'gun rights' side like that guy calling out bullshit from his fellow travellers.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

So because ONE statistic, shown in the picture as being sourced from the Daily Telegraph was found to be incorrect it invalidates the rest of the sourced information? What piffle.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ium=social