#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

He's had a really consistent year for a first year player. Richly deserved.

Eases a little bit of the disappointment from the weekend.

Either Jordan or Darcy will be a Collingwood captain one day.
Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

Congrats to River. He's progressing nicely.

Go the Pies!
Dangles

Post by Dangles »

Well done, JDG!

Hopefully Marsh and Moore can snag nominations before the end of the year. In fact they'll still be eligible to win it next year.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

I had my doubts but I'm now a true believer.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He and Darcy will form our future leadership. It's a toss up as to who will be captain and who vice captain. Both absolute guns.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

There are not too many others at Collingwood who, over the Club's long journey, have managed to play in 7 losses in a row. That, in itself, probably justifies him being given an encouragement award nomination like this.
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Jordan de Goey

Post by King Monkey »

I really liked the look of the kid last year and I'm not selling him up the river just yet here, I think he'll come good.
BUT, I'm not liking what I'm seeing and hearing from the boy at the moment.

If one is going to go down media street and give a not too subtle whack to one's teammates including the phrase "lack of hardness" amongst other things, plus declare that one wants to be well known and doesn't want to fly under the radar - then one must not come out that night and proceed to do the following:
Half-hearted chasing without the ball, no intensity to get to the next contest to help a teammate, drop simple chest marks under no pressure, drop simple chest marks under a tiny bit of pressure by shi**ing oneself, spraying kicks under no pressure other than "footsteps", not working hard into space and conversely taking up dangerous space whilst flat-footed that should be left open for others to lead into.

I sincerely hope someone pulls him aside during the week and shows him these incidents that display a lack of hardness and awareness, just before shoving that article full of his quotes under his nose.

Getting ahead of yourself son.
Head down, arse up, mouth closed...... and get rid of those fluoro green boots would ya!
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."

Re: Jordan de Goey

Post by 5150 »

Couldn't agree more KM
I thought he was close to being dropped over the last couple of weeks and after last nights efforts he should be.
Has a bit of Woewodin about him.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

I gave the team a bit of a whack in the Game On thread for its third quarter last night. He was one of the major transgressors. I think I suggested he be given 6 weeks in the VFL to learn how to work without the ball. It's the second time this season that I have felt he needed to be dropped. He's a good footballer one way, at the moment. If he wants to be a top player, he's got to be a good footballer both ways and pick up his effort when he senses others are dropping off.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

For a number 5 he has gone backwards from last year and overall very underwhelming.
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

The last blonde #2 (prior to Sammy Dwyer :lol: ) was certainly mentioned in conversation last night.
And anyone that knows me, knows the name Woewodin winds me up!! :lol: :lol:
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

King Monkey wrote:The last blonde #2 (prior to Sammy Dwyer :lol: ) was certainly mentioned in conversation last night.
And anyone that knows me, knows the name Woewodin winds me up!! :lol: :lol:
I knew Woewodin, and believe me, Jordan De Goey is no Woewodin. :wink:

Seriously, I reckon this kid will be an absolute star when he fills out a bit over the next couple of years. He'll be fine.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Only if he stops imagining that he already is, RB.
Bob Sugar

De Goey: Houston, we have a problem

Post by Bob Sugar »

I've held my tongue for a while now hoping he would come good, but enough is enough, he is an average footballer IMO who should be playing VFL, i reckon we bought a dud.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Bob Sugar on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

needs a spell but shall be a good player in long run.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum