Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

dillo_09

Post by dillo_09 »

Its a really simple equation to ensure we get both if we cant raise enough points/picks to secure them or if someone is going to push us to pay overs.

Just ask one of them to NOT nominate for the draft and pay a standard rookie payment out of petty cash for the year. He will then play in the VFL for us in 2017 honing his craft and nominate for the draft next year.

This of course does not factor in other FS prospects in the wind.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

I think that might be frowned upon, and I think there is a crop of F/S on the horizon. We'll have the points unless someone makes a ridiculous bid.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Can someone confirm that we have a 2nd round pick coming our way for Freeman in this coming draft? I was convinced we did but no one seems to be talking about it.
themonk

Post by themonk »

loki04

Post by loki04 »

themonk wrote:Can someone confirm that we have a 2nd round pick coming our way for Freeman in this coming draft? I was convinced we did but no one seems to be talking about it.
We gave that to Brisbane as part of the Aish deal.

We have our original 2nd round pick in tact and that is all.
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
1892_

Post by 1892_ »

themonk wrote:Can someone confirm that we have a 2nd round pick coming our way for Freeman in this coming draft? I was convinced we did but no one seems to be talking about it.
We only have 1 second round pick, which is our own one. The pick for Freeman went to North as part of the Aish trade. Likewise the one received back in the Treloar trade went to North too.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

It sounds like it is a strong draft with good players potentially being available later in proceedings.
If that is the case then this helps our cause as clubs will be less likely to lock themselves into Brown/Daicos in case they miss out on a player they rank higher..
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
themonk

Post by themonk »

1892_ wrote:
We only have 1 second round pick, which is our own one. The pick for Freeman went to North as part of the Aish trade. Likewise the one received back in the Treloar trade went to North too.
hmmmm......looks like Witts, Brown and Blair may be moving on
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What is small Daicos?
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Both invited to the draft combine...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-26/b ... 16-combine
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

So are these boys back playing TAC cup yet? If not when?
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Two more flags before I die!
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

These 2 have been nurtured at the club in the Daicos squad for years now and obviously have the ability as both have been invited to the draft combine.

They are both MUST draftees.

Both are very skillful and can kick the ball, something that is sadly lacking with most of our current players.

Can you imagine the outcry if they are not drafted and turn out to be champions and they're playing elsewhere.

And they both fill a need. Very smart running midfielder with skills both sides of his body and a crumbing small forward.

This to me is no risk.

We will also have a number of players up for trade which will cover for other picks we may have to give up to get them as father son.

Must get it done.
Jatsad - That is all
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

jackcass wrote:Both invited to the draft combine...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-26/b ... 16-combine
I'd be shattered if they got a touch of gastro the night before and couldn't attend. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.