decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Wokko wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwTy6tO994U
:lol: :lol:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Greyjoy

Post by Greyjoy »

2 new shows I'm watching (only about 4 episodes or so out for each) are Preacher and Outcast.

Recently finished TV series of Minority Report, really liked it but I think I heard it got cancelled already, which is a huge shame.

Also want to catch up on season 2 of "12 Monkeys" at some point. Good time travel / kinda sci fi show.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Decided to revisit Gotham on Netflix. Glad I did.

I reckon the makers of Daredevil had a look at this. Should get me through until the DC quartet comes back.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Watch Wayward Pines Season 1, now watching Season 2. It's not bad I just hope it ends not like "Lost:. :shock:
mandy

Post by mandy »

The pilot of "The Night Of" is one of the best I've seen for awhile. Looking forward to the 2nd episode.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
mandy

Post by mandy »

The season 4 finale of Wentworth.

I have no words.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Have been watching "Indian Summer" for the last few weeks. In the final episode last night, there was a splendid rendition of Goodbye Dolly Gray, with the words all wrong.

Edit: Predictive text on an i-phone can be quite frustrating.
Last edited by Pies4shaw on Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Fear the Walking dead back next week,

I'm three quarters of the way through breaking bad again, and it is still brilliant, nothing comes close to it
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

I'm into Season 4 of Grimm. Love it.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

I could revisit that too. I think I got most of the way through season 1, maybe even into the start of season 2 when it was on FTA but then as usual they started stuffing with the timeslot and I lost interest.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

stui magpie wrote:^

I could revisit that too. I think I got most of the way through season 1, maybe even into the start of season 2 when it was on FTA but then as usual they started stuffing with the timeslot and I lost interest.
I downloaded all 5 seasons and started watching a few weeks ago. It's basically all the Mrs and I have been watching.

Season 4 done and WOW!!! It's been a good fill in for GOT.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Did anybody else take a look at:

Vinyl; 10 fictional episodes about the American record industry in the 70s.
HBO refused to issue a 2nd season, much to the disappointment of fans.

Stranger Things; 8 episodes, slowly gaining cult status amongst us horror-tragics. Exclusive to Netflix [and torrenting sites of couse].
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
mandy

Post by mandy »

I broke up with Vinyl with about 3 episodes to go. I loved the setting, the music and most of the character interactions but really had no idea what the actual storyline or plot was.

Loved Stranger Things. Oddly enough I barely knew what was going on in this one too but it had me captivated from beginning to end. Casting was amazing, especially the kids.

The Night Of finished this week. For anyone that hasn't watched it - watch it, watch it now. It's the best new show I've seen since season 1 of True Detective. Another 8 episode gem from HBO.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

mandy wrote:I broke up with Vinyl with about 3 episodes to go. I loved the setting, the music and most of the character interactions but really had no idea what the actual storyline or plot was.

Loved Stranger Things. Oddly enough I barely knew what was going on in this one too but it had me captivated from beginning to end. Casting was amazing, especially the kids.

The Night Of finished this week. For anyone that hasn't watched it - watch it, watch it now. It's the best new show I've seen since season 1 of True Detective. Another 8 episode gem from HBO.
I've got it recorded to binge on.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

mandy wrote:I broke up with Vinyl with about 3 episodes to go. I loved the setting, the music and most of the character interactions but really had no idea what the actual storyline or plot was.

Mandy, I was engrossed with Bobby Cannavale's role as Richie Finestra, who just bullshitted his way through every situation and came out smelling like roses. Ray Romano and James Jagger were great in support roles.
And once Olivia Wilde and Juno Temple starting flinging their kits off, well, I had to ensure I watched it through to completion. Just sayin'....

And in Stranger Things, all the reviewers on youtube are just raving about the casting of the four kids [selected from about 1,000], and how they were given DVDs like ET, Poltergeist, Goonies etc to watch so they could mimic the mannerisms of kids from the 80s, which they did brilliantly.

I'll try to track down The Night Of shortly then....
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever