Out with the GOLD in with Mr G Reaper

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

joffa_the_man_in_gold

Out with the GOLD in with Mr G Reaper

Post by joffa_the_man_in_gold »

Well its finally official the Gold Jacket days are over and it was pretty hard making that decision considering our grand final performance but i dont want my ego i.e continue with the gold concept and ruin something that will give us so many wonderful memories i believe the gold jacket raised the bar in the outer so to speak as in having a bit of fun with opposition supporters sadly it also made me a a target from within but we wont dwell on negatives maybe one day i will write a story on the gold jacket era it will be rivoting reading.
When the jacket was picked up from eddie at victoria park in what seems like an eternity ago i and i dont think even eddie himself knew just how big this thing would become and to be honest at times the media attention it created was a little imbarrassing.

To jim main from inside football your remarks about myself in the post grand final edition were extremely hurtful and very unfair the gold jacket was always intended for a bit of fun and it was never intended to hurt anyone and it certainly wasnt done for myself to seek media attention it just happened that way and i reckon considering the crap i copped within our own group of supporters and the ever increasing publicity im gonna pat myself on the back on this occasion and say i reckon i handled it all pretty well.
The major positive was it brought the magpie army together in so many ways right around australia not just here in melbourne, it really was something very special and im honored and proud at what it all achieved, the gold jacket belongs to the era of the collingwood uprising as an AFL power after so many years of being rock bottom it end up being pretty serious stuff.
I truly thank those who supported myself during some pretty uncomfortable times as some people just couldnt handle the media attention i recieved, I dont have to name people you know who you are and once again i say thanks it was truly a great era and set the collingwood cheersquad apart from the rest, the jacket will be sent to eddie and he can decide its future from here and it would be appropiate also to thank eddie so much for his mateship and support let me tell ya this guy is a treasure.
Thanks everyone so much
cheers
joffa

PS please welcome the 'grim reaper' who has signed up with the collingwood cheersquad for season 2004 in full grim reaper costume and mask he will with "game over" banner announce very simply " game over " and dissapear until next game.
Seyous all on nicks board feb 2004 be safe and have a good christmas
thanks again
:) joff
Collingwood today, Collingwood tomorrow,Collingwood forever... we'll always do things the collingwood way... side by side we stick together to uphold the greatest name in football.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
cobood

Post by cobood »

So very proud of you Joff..... MIG will undoubtedly go down in the history of our beloved club......You did us all proud...The glittering gold that you portrayed took us (with the help of the players :wink: ) out of the gloomy bottomless pit that we found ourselves in the late 90's... to the glitz and happiness (well we wouldve been happier if we took off the big one) that we are in now.... and boy were ppl jealous yes I mean JEALOUS ...... jealous of the club's success and of course they took it out on you.... lets face it a happy Collingwood supporter just doesnt go down well with the other clubs supporters.....
Hold your head up and always know that you did a fantastic job....
I applaud you .... WELL DONE my friend....

and now...........

Welcome to the Grim Reaper.... and boy do you have some big BIG shoes to fill......

P.S. The Gold Jacket and Wig should be displayed along with Carltons wooden Spoon in the foyer of our new home..... THE GLASSHOUSE!!!!
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
Beth

Post by Beth »

I enjoyed seeing the gold jacket this year, Joffa, and I look forward to many appearances of the grim reaper in season 2004.
Confucious say " Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
foxy

Post by foxy »

good stuff joff.

hahahaha the grim reaper sounds like a deadset classic already.
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

Well done joff enjoy your 'retirement'!

Ps i still have your cd give me a yell when you need it back.
Daz
Yobbo^LuKa

Post by Yobbo^LuKa »

Hmmm so any word on who the Grim Reaper is going to be?
Tradition? Pfft you call merging with Fitzroy and cheatin to 3 flags Tradition? Winning 4 flags in a row is history, which makes tradition!
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

How about we burn an efogie (sp) of Jim Main!
Barge
raymond35

Post by raymond35 »

well done joffa. i got a buzz out of seeing your jacket performance live for the first time at a game last year. also, your wooden spoon performance against carlton a year earlier was superb.

as for jim main, he has hated collingwood forever, and his opinions count for precisely zilch.