#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

^Incorrect.
Watch his lack of chasing live.
That's an effort/desire/unselfishness trait, nothing to do with whether he's a young player or not.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

King Monkey wrote:^Incorrect.
That's an effort/desire/unselfishness trait, nothing to do with whether he's a young player or not.
I've made the same observations about Treloar, but still think they've both got a future at the Pies.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I don't get what all the fuss is about. The kid is playing well and is on track to be an absolute gun player in a couple of years.
35forever

Post by 35forever »

jackcass wrote:
I've made the same observations about Treloar, but still think they've both got a future at the Pies.
Haha, yeah.
Wait, you are takin' the piss, aren't you?
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

35forever wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Haha, yeah.
Wait, you are takin' the piss, aren't you?
Congratulations! Finally a post that people might actually take the time to read as its brief and to the point.

If you think otherwise you're clearly not watching. Treloar admitted its an issue and he's working to fix it.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I've said this 1000 times and i'll say it again, the boy should be made to cut his teeth across HB, Swan did it, Daisy did it, lots of current day star mids did it, it would give him a chance to get some easy ball and build confidence, ATM he's getting hammered every touch he gets, this move should've been made last year.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Krakouer Magic

Post by Krakouer Magic »

But Cloke gets dropped. Fasolo gets dropped. I've seen Elliot do the same many times. Never dropped. Bucks has his favourites.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I am watching.
courtza

Post by courtza »

35forever wrote:
5150 wrote:Another stinker, would be dropped like a red hot pie if there were anyone left to bring in.

Hoping its 2nd year blues as opposed to being just a plodder.
I find this sort of crap appalling. If there's anything which marks someone out as a dud supporter it's bagging our own players, particularly the young kids. I just cannot fathom why someone claiming to be a Die-hard Magpie would do that, it makes no sense!What is wrong with us that we are happy to crap on a 20 year old with about 25 games under his belt, but swear by a coach that has done nothing but achieve worse results each year for 5 years! Surely that is insane behaviour?! (I'm not saying you're insane 5150... settle, it's the behaviour, which plenty around here indulge in).

I agree that DG certainly hasn't had the year one would expect after his debut year, but second year blues are not uncommon in youngsters. DeGoey was always going to have a hard row to plough, whoever we picked was inevitably going to be compared with our last pick 5, and very few players in modern football compare favourably with Collingwood captain Scott Pendlebury, one of the top 5 players of the last 20 years, and a true Magpie champion.

So I guess it's worth having a look at the second years of both guys...

Averages, year 2:
Degoey - 18.87 disp SP10 -18.91 disp
.6 gl .87 gl
2.2 cl 2.2 cl
4.1 mk 5.39 mk
3.7 tk 3.26 tk
3 if 2.61 if
(excuse the bloody awful 'table', I should've done a better one but I didn't want to. I'm sure you get the idea, on each line are DGs averages for touches, goals, clearances, marks, tackles, & Inside 50's,and then SP'sthe point is, they're nearly identical)

That's interesting! So I guess that means Pendles is a dud too. I coulda sworn he was an absolute gun! I guess perception is everything.
Of course there were other guys on offer, so maybe we should've picked one of the other greats from that very tasty draft. Of course we were never any chance of getting one of the No.1 pick contenders, namely McCartin, Petracca, Wright, or Brayshaw, so I can't imagine Dekka spent a huge amount of time on them, but certainly all 4 are elite players, just as predicted, having played hundreds of games and kicked dozens of goals between them in their 2 years.
Oh wait.
That didn't happen.
I dont doubt that these guys will be excellent players, Brayshaw (who I hoped would slip through to us) has shown good things, and Petracca could be a gun, he looks it so far, but he's only just started. McCartin, though hardly sighted yet seems to be getting up to the pace at the top level. Of the rest Lachie Weller looks a good type, Lever is doing okay, Langford & Boekhorst are still getting up to speed, but both should get there eventually, as should LaVerde and Goddard.

But none can match Go-go's numbers, none of them. A couple are ahead in 1 stat (McCartin 1.5 in goals, but way behind in everything else, and Brayshaw has more tackles than our guys), but none are equal. Of course it's early, and it'll be a few more years before we know who are the real guns, if any. Oh, and no one is saying McCartin, Brayshaw, or Wright are duds, even though they aren't doing as well as Jordan DeGoey.

Have a lovely day, won't you?
Good assessment, plus he seems to have a strong body and not prone to injury which makes him invaluable compared with a couple of our other early draftees.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

He's out of his depth, VFL player ATM.
Defender...........

You like this.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Bob Sugar wrote:He's out of his depth, VFL player ATM.
He needs to be managed. Desire is there & does some nice things but his limitations are being exposed too.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

The boy thinks he's still playing under 17s.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

W.O.G ATM, for us anyway, everything he touches turns to shit, needs a big second half or it's VFL for him.
Defender...........

You like this.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Get Moore off.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

What'sinaname wrote:Get Moore off.
Wrong thread
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman