#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MP magpie

Post by MP magpie »

De Goey is a Nathan Jones type. Gets out of pack, hacks forward.
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

Much improved second half from the Dutchman.
Not enough to keep his spot next week if I was on the selection committee though.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."

Post by 5150 »

King Monkey wrote:Much improved second half from the Dutchman.
Not enough to keep his spot next week if I was on the selection committee though.
Par for his year.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I thought De Goey was pretty good, crashing packs and tackling hard. His better finishing will come with more games under his belt.
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

There were a few others who did a lot less... if de goey is out then there will be quite a few changes next week!

I think Smith might be injured because he went right out of the game - Caff was just sooo slloooow it was painful to watch and Blair did very little!

Those 3 would be ahead of DeGoey based on the crows game...
Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

RudeBoy wrote:I thought De Goey was pretty good, crashing packs and tackling hard. His better finishing will come with more games under his belt.
He wasn't too bad.
Still didn't impose himself that much on the game.
Keep improving and he will be a good player.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
King Monkey

Post by King Monkey »

I can't get this moment out of my head - first quarter, we're dominating but not taking advantage on the scoreboard, Moore hits de Goey lace-out in front of goal but de Goey waits for the ball instead of stepping towards it for an uncontested mark and it's intercepted, Adelaide take the ball down the other end, goal. 2 goal turnaround and momentum flipped on it's head.

Barely a minute later he has an opponent at half back that was hemmed in and had nowhere to go if corralled correctly, but de Goey charges at him at full pace, allows the side-step and a clear possession to pinpoint a pass, goal.

Directly to blame for Adelaide's lead at half time.

As I've said, much improved second half, but hard to forget the first.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
King Monkey

Post by King Monkey »

yin-YANG wrote:
There were a few others who did a lot less... if de goey is out then there will be quite a few changes next week!

I think Smith might be injured because he went right out of the game - Caff was just sooo slloooow it was painful to watch and Blair did very little!

Those 3 would be ahead of DeGoey based on the crows game...
I'm not going on just the crows game. I've watched him really closely since I saw a few things that disturbed me; in round 4!! Not much has changed since then either.

He needs to be taught some of the things he's lacking away from the glare of 438 cameras at every AFL ground and people like me picking apart everything he does.
Learn the craft quietly in the 2s and come back better for it.

He certainly has some attributes that'll make him a good player at this level, just that he has some bad habits that need to be beaten out of him.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I've seen nothing to suggest this kids even worth a spot on our list, he's a fhcking hack, top 5 pick lol.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
cityslick1

Post by cityslick1 »

Thought he was ok last night, and good for a second year player. One of our best tacklers.

Jake lever still a better prospect, and one decker could well live to regret. Gun KP players are worth two onballers, unless it's a judd or Pendles.

I actually picked / hoped for him at 5 in a phantom draft / request, so am pissed we passed on him.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

cityslick1 wrote:Thought he was ok last night, and good for a second year player. One of our best tacklers.

Jake lever still a better prospect, and one decker could well live to regret. Gun KP players are worth two onballers, unless it's a judd or Pendles.

I actually picked / hoped for him at 5 in a phantom draft / request, so am pissed we passed on him.
Lever would have been a brave pick for Decker, given we've had several players off ACL injuries and drafted another who we couldn't get on the park due to repeated hamstring strains.
MP magpie

Post by MP magpie »

King Monkey wrote:I can't get this moment out of my head - first quarter, we're dominating but not taking advantage on the scoreboard, Moore hits de Goey lace-out in front of goal but de Goey waits for the ball instead of stepping towards it for an uncontested mark and it's intercepted, Adelaide take the ball down the other end, goal. 2 goal turnaround and momentum flipped on it's head.

Barely a minute later he has an opponent at half back that was hemmed in and had nowhere to go if corralled correctly, but de Goey charges at him at full pace, allows the side-step and a clear possession to pinpoint a pass, goal.

Directly to blame for Adelaide's lead at half time.

As I've said, much improved second half, but hard to forget the first.
Just not a smart/clever footballer. He is a grunt.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

Long long way off being a worthy top 5 pick unfortunately. A Hine miss.
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

I think it's premature to write him off this early.

I'm just hoping it's a case of second-year blues and he'll come on leaps and bounds from next year onwards.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Always wanted 2 meter Peter. Good big blokes are impossible to find at pick 30+ and that's all we shall have going forward!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum