#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

E

Post by E »

such a moronic thread. He is soooo young.

Aish and Scharenberg are a full draft class ahead of him.

Moore shows us glimpses of what he can do, nothing more. he was soundly beaten last night and about 4 times, his inability to influence a contest resulted in goals to the opposition.

De Goey on the other hand has proven to be a fierce tackler, an very good user of the ball by hand and foot with great penetration on his kicks. He doesnt make many mistakes.

In my mind he is tracking beautifully for a second year player.

He will be an A-grader in 2018. he will be a fourth year player then. its about the time A-grade players step it up.

this is still the dumbest thread of the year
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

There was nothing wrong with his kick to Moore on saturday night. It was Darcy who dropped a gimme.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

E wrote:such a moronic thread. He is soooo young.

Moore shows us glimpses of what he can do, nothing more. he was soundly beaten last night and about 4 times, his inability to influence a contest resulted in goals to the opposition.

De Goey on the other hand has proven to be a fierce tackler, an very good user of the ball by hand and foot with great penetration on his kicks. He doesnt make many mistakes.

He will be an A-grader in 2018. he will be a fourth year player then. its about the time A-grade players step it up.

Gee, that's a big call. We have had a few doozies!

Agree with your assessment though.
Tezza23

Post by Tezza23 »

I too am loathe to write off a player after virtually one season of AFL. However he has had a pretty poor 2016, but that doesn't mean that he wont be a better player going forward. Plenty of stars have had a modest beginning, but the vast majority of players who have modest beginnings never become stars or even have long AFL careers.

To say that De Goey is a good user of the ball by hand and foot is pure fantasy. I think he is a reasonable set shot for goal, but generally his field kicking is poor.
E

Post by E »

Tezza23 wrote:

I too am loathe to write off a player after virtually one season of AFL. However he has had a pretty poor 2016, but that doesn't mean that he wont be a better player going forward. Plenty of stars have had a modest beginning, but the vast majority of players who have modest beginnings never become stars or even have long AFL careers.

To say that De Goey is a good user of the ball by hand and foot is pure fantasy. I think he is a reasonable set shot for goal, but generally his field kicking is poor.
He has the most penetration on his kick out of every single one of our mids.

If you haven't seen that, keep watching. you'll get it eventually.

The point about penetration is that the ball gets to the forwards fast and properly used, can keep backs out of position.

I agree, he has had a tough year, but I find it hilarious that people are now raving about Aish and yet DeGoey, who is one draft class younger is getting lambasted.

I will make a point to keep this thread. This thread is going to be funnier than the Swan is a hack player.
Joel

Post by Joel »

No wonder I don't read Nick's much anymore.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Joel wrote:No wonder I don't read Nick's much anymore.
Totally agree with you. It is actually becoming far worse than posters being eternally negative and perpetually pessimistic. I always wonder what exactly drives these people to be such miserable and sad people all the time? Is that why we as a community are becoming more demanding of everything being dead set easy all the time? :roll: Wanting everything given to them on a platter, including footy success?
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

E wrote:
Tezza23 wrote:

The point about penetration is that the ball gets to the forwards fast and properly used, can keep backs out of position.

I agree, he has had a tough year, but I find it hilarious that people are now raving about Aish and yet DeGoey, who is one draft class younger is getting lambasted.

I will make a point to keep this thread. This thread is going to be funnier than the Swan is a hack player.
So he has penetration in his kicking? Knew there was a reason we used a top 5 pick on him, in case you didn't know, he meant he isn't a good user of the ball because he butchers it, WTF does kicking penetration have to do with being a good ball user? This isn't the 70s.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
E

Post by E »

Bob Sugar wrote:
E wrote:
Tezza23 wrote:

So he has penetration in his kicking? Knew there was a reason we used a top 5 pick on him, in case you didn't know, he meant he isn't a good user of the ball because he butchers it, WTF does kicking penetration have to do with being a good ball user? This isn't the 70s.
I think you might be thinking of someone else bobby Boy. one of the reasons we don't notice De Goey is that he rarely makes mistakes with the ball and rarely "butchers" it.

I think you summed it up best by demanding he be an all time great in his sophomore year (when most kids are suffering from second year blues) because of your pre-conceived notion of what a number 5 draft pick must be. The kid is a beauty and will be a star for us. of that I have no doubt. I also think Aish is going to be a beauty. you can see it in both of them. Just give them a chance.

You were the one accusing Adams of being crap because he couldn't kick the ball. Now you and nearly everyone else think he is captain material.

You were also the one accusing Sinclair of being a butcher of the ball and useless (again with no other evidence than the fact that he has had a tough run with injuries. While on the subject, I'd be curious to get your thoughts on the game of Sinclair on Saturday night?
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

E wrote:I think you might be thinking of someone else bobby Boy. one of the reasons we don't notice De Goey is that he rarely makes mistakes with the ball and rarely "butchers" it.

I think you summed it up best by demanding he be an all time great in his sophomore year (when most kids are suffering from second year blues) because of your pre-conceived notion of what a number 5 draft pick must be. The kid is a beauty and will be a star for us. of that I have no doubt. I also think Aish is going to be a beauty. you can see it in both of them. Just give them a chance.

You were the one accusing Adams of being crap because he couldn't kick the ball. Now you and nearly everyone else think he is captain material.

You were also the one accusing Sinclair of being a butcher of the ball and useless (again with no other evidence than the fact that he has had a tough run with injuries. While on the subject, I'd be curious to get your thoughts on the game of Sinclair on Saturday night?
Maybe we need him venting on a few other players, seems to be the making of them... maybe just work through the list alphabetically.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

jackcass wrote:
E wrote:I think you might be thinking of someone else bobby Boy. one of the reasons we don't notice De Goey is that he rarely makes mistakes with the ball and rarely "butchers" it.

Maybe we need him venting on a few other players, seems to be the making of them... maybe just work through the list alphabetically.
Well, I vented on Blair earlier in the season and he's been playing well ever since.
As for E's comments on De Goey, he's right when he says De Goey is a good user of the ball. De Goey's problems are more to do with overrunning the ball and not running to position. There's nothing there that time and more games of experience won't fix. Personally, I would have given De Goey some time in the VFL this season and given games to Goodyear, but obviously the coaching staff felt that De Goey was making a more valuable contribution to the team than Goodyear could have made.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

+1
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

If it wasn't for our horrific injury run he wouldn't have even debuted yet, I certainly don't see any top 5 traits in him and remember Bob is never wrong.
Defender...........

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

So it's true, you don't read your own threads.
Defender...........

You like this.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Agreed
I reckon De Goey is tracking as well as some of Adams first games...simply not the worst out there, just needs some polish on his disposal..

If you're looking for someone to drop, 'Others preferred', to use the old racing vernacular