Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Was the only positive out of a dismal night
Has class and is improving every game
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

simon tonna wrote:Great to see the boy gaining experience within the team. I think he's fast becoming what we got him for. Forget that he's not a rampaging brute who smashes into everything he's more than that. He's bravery and toughness is unquestionably and has outstanding awareness.
A touch of class in most of everything he does.
This

Hopefully our current coaching team don't stuff him up.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

He is at least starting to show a bit of form even if it is not overwhelming form. I hope he keeps improving.
All We Can Be
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

Monco Matt wrote:I don't understand the love for Aish. IMO he does a few ok things like hit a target, but, he simply does not get involved enough and ball watches too much. This is the real issue, not his small size and lack of legs, for a mid he is not aggressive enough for mine, has no presence. Opposition does not pay him any attention or respect, he places no fear or concern into the minds of the opposition, it"s like he isn't even out there.......like Cloke tonight, mister invisible.
The boy can play.
He's a natural footballer, does things instinctively that aren't as common in the modern footballer as they should be, such as shepherding after laying of a handball and clearing out of dangerous space for others to run into at the right times.
He's also a one-touch player.

Watch him a bit closer and think of Sidebottom, but with more physical presence.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Monco Matt wrote:I don't understand the love for Aish. IMO he does a few ok things like hit a target, but, he simply does not get involved enough and ball watches too much. This is the real issue, not his small size and lack of legs, for a mid he is not aggressive enough for mine, has no presence. Opposition does not pay him any attention or respect, he places no fear or concern into the minds of the opposition, it"s like he isn't even out there.......like Cloke tonight, mister invisible.
I agree. I don't care whether a player has class or smarts, or whether he looks good, or whether he's an inside or outside player. All I want is a player who can impact the game and help us win. While Aish is showing signs of improving, so far, he is having very little impact on the course of games. Hopefully he'll be vastly better next season, which will be his 4th year of football.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Is it an Adelaide thing, Rudi? ;)

I think he will be a gem. Will develop into a top notch midfielder if we don't phuck things up.
kill for collingwood!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

roar wrote:Is it an Adelaide thing, Rudi? ;)

I think he will be a gem. Will develop into a top notch midfielder if we don't phuck things up.
I guess being an atheist I'm possibly prejudiced against the city of churches.

Nevertheless, I'm starting to see his quality emerging, so hopefully you're right and he really begins to blossom next year.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

RudeBoy wrote:
roar wrote:Is it an Adelaide thing, Rudi? ;)

I guess being an atheist I'm possibly prejudiced against the city of churches.

Nevertheless, I'm starting to see his quality emerging, so hopefully you're right and he really begins to blossom next year.
Same as Adams in his 1st Year.

At the Start just about everyone was calling him a Dud but now people say he is 1 of the Most Important Players in our Team.

Aish could do very similar thing

He is class that the Team needs lot more of
I am Da Man
1892_

Post by 1892_ »

He's got class and is a nice user of the footy, but what I'm liking is that he's prepared to put his body on the line. Seems to be finding his feet, hopefully he can use a stronger finish to the season to setup 2017.
Duff Soviet Union
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

I just don't see it in him.

You just go way too long without seeing him to the point you forget he's even playing. He does some nice things now and then, but ultimately has no impact.

Poor disposal can be improved upon (see Adams, Taylor). Strength in the contest can be improved upon.

Actually getting to where the football is? I'm not sure if that can be improved on especially if endurance isn't the issue, which I don't think it is. He just doesn't know how to read the play at all and I don't know how you learn that.
"We ain't gotta dream no more"
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Duff Soviet Union wrote:I just don't see it in him.

You just go way too long without seeing him to the point you forget he's even playing. He does some nice things now and then, but ultimately has no impact.

Poor disposal can be improved upon (see Adams, Taylor). Strength in the contest can be improved upon.

Actually getting to where the football is? I'm not sure if that can be improved on especially if endurance isn't the issue, which I don't think it is. He just doesn't know how to read the play at all and I don't know how you learn that.
I say he been played bit out of Postion.

Playing him more a Midfield and you would see him way more.

Natural Improvement like Getting Stronger and a Bigger Tank
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

I notice in stats after Game that Aish is he has quite a few Score Involvements he gets
I am Da Man
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Howe had quite a number on Friday, as well. For which team did Aish record his? :wink:
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Pies4shaw wrote:Howe had quite a number on Friday, as well. For which team did Aish record his? :wink:
:lol: :lol: :oops: :shock: