Bring back Draft, Trade & Free Agency forum?

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Bring back Draft, Trade & Free Agency forum?

Post by Presti35 »

Just wondering if its worth bring back a new forum for these threads?

There's a few scattered around Other AFL and in GD.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Not Really. As Hardly anyone went there anyway
I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Actually, the DTM forum was popular during player movement period, but beyond that it had very little user activity.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Jezza wrote:Actually, the DTM forum was popular during player movement period, but beyond that it had very little user activity.
That is pretty much spot on and I did love a Board with my Name in it :D

But last few years it had next to no Traffic all year on it and Including the Trade Period and the Draft Time :cry:
I am Da Man
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I have no issue with there being a board for the draft/trade period, though I guess you could hide it, unhide it during the trade period. Though it might be a lot of work and not sure if this software allows it.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Well if we're going to close all the forums with no traffic, then we should just have one big GD forum.

The layout is all wrong.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Sorry for taking so long to respond! I think we discussed this some time back and decided there was no longer need for it. Once the season is over, we won't be talking about much else in GD anyhow (and Other AFL for trades not involving Collingwood). Happy to discuss this further, though.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

David wrote:Sorry for taking so long to respond! I think we discussed this some time back and decided there was no longer need for it. Once the season is over, we won't be talking about much else in GD anyhow (and Other AFL for trades not involving Collingwood). Happy to discuss this further, though.
Its a bit strange. We've got a thread in GD now that is about players from other clubs delistings, retirements, etc... So should it live in Nicks other?

Just seems we have threads that could be in either forum, but some get moved and some dont.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Presti35 wrote:
David wrote:Sorry for taking so long to respond! I think we discussed this some time back and decided there was no longer need for it. Once the season is over, we won't be talking about much else in GD anyhow (and Other AFL for trades not involving Collingwood). Happy to discuss this further, though.
Its a bit strange. We've got a thread in GD now that is about players from other clubs delistings, retirements, etc... So should it live in Nicks other?

Just seems we have threads that could be in either forum, but some get moved and some dont.
At the time, the "Nicks Other AFL" board sounded like a great idea as some posters were complaining about topics appearing in "General Discussion" that were not related to Collingwood, however there's hardly any activity in that part of the forum for whatever reason and by and large 90 to 95% of threads in "General Discussion" are Collingwood-related anyway.

I know that Donny will say that it only takes a few clicks to check out "Nicks Other AFL" and that's true, but the people seem to have spoken and aren't interested in that particular board for whatever reason.

I was also somewhat puzzled that the "DTM" forum was removed completely. It was very active during off-season player movement and with the increased rumours and increased player movements these days in contrast to 5 to 10 years ago, I believe that this would have coincided with increased activity even during the season.

Personally, I don't mind "Nicks Other AFL", but it just hasn't worked the way most of us envisaged initially. I wouldn't be against scrapping that forum all together but ultimately that's up to the administrators and the moderators to decide whether this would be the best course of action in the future.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆