#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

Post by Harrysz »

Will Hoskin-Elliott is 186 cms and is described as being a dynamic goal kicking midfielder. He was taken at pick 4 in the draft.
However, he has missed most of this year with injuries.
Do we need more injury-prone players at Collingwood? No.
Do we need Will Hoskin-Elliott? We sure do. He is a GUN!!!
Could we get him from GWS?
GWS is hard to deal with, as we learned last year.
So how do we get him?
We trade Witts. He's from NSW and GWS needs more backup for Mumford.
Then we could add our first pick in this year's draft, probably around pick 25. Would that do it? Maybe not.
But we must try to get Hoskin-Elliott.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

I suspect getting him will be much easier than keeping him on the park. If he nominates the Pies (and by all reports that's how it looks) then he will get to the Pies.
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
Al Swearengen

Post by Al Swearengen »

Straight swap for Witts?
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

My understanding is that Witts does not want to leave Melbourne, but would consider a trade to another Victorian club.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

No been there 5 years played 50 games too many injuries
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Has elite talants but injury prone, exactly what we don't need, we have enough of our own without trading for other teams problems.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Geek

Post by Geek »

Would take him for a second rounder. Too much injury risk to pay any more. Even a straight swap for Witts is too much, owing to the ruckman vs midfielder equation.

Speaking of second rounders, that's what Essendon wants for Hibberd according to their head chemist today. I'd be interested in him at that price.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

RudeBoy wrote:My understanding is that Witts does not want to leave Melbourne, but would consider a trade to another Victorian club.
I heard he is going to GWS
I am Da Man
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:My understanding is that Witts does not want to leave Melbourne, but would consider a trade to another Victorian club.
I heard he is going to GWS
I guess none of us know. :wink:
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Geek wrote:Would take him for a second rounder. Too much injury risk to pay any more. Even a straight swap for Witts is too much, owing to the ruckman vs midfielder equation.

Speaking of second rounders, that's what Essendon wants for Hibberd according to their head chemist today. I'd be interested in him at that price.
Yep. Our Pick 25ish for Hibberd I'd do.
Est. 2002
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

With Anthony Morabito rumoured to be delisted by Freo, is he worth a rookie spot? I know he's a 3x ACL player but still only 24 (25 before the start of the 2017 season) and was a very highly considered junior and could potentially be a delisted FA.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jackcass wrote:With Anthony Morabito rumoured to be delisted by Freo, is he worth a rookie spot? I know he's a 3x ACL player but still only 24 (25 before the start of the 2017 season) and was a very highly considered junior and could potentially be a delisted FA.
I KNOW your probable answer but IF we are getting rid of Cloke, is it worth going after Drew Petrie Daz? BTW, he is 32.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:With Anthony Morabito rumoured to be delisted by Freo, is he worth a rookie spot? I know he's a 3x ACL player but still only 24 (25 before the start of the 2017 season) and was a very highly considered junior and could potentially be a delisted FA.
I KNOW your probable answer but IF we are getting rid of Cloke, is it worth going after Drew Petrie Daz? BTW, he is 32.
No. I've never been a real fan and his 2016 season doesn't do anything to enhance that. Would prefer to see Reid moved forward.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Yep as I thought.

Thanks.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
AN_Inkling

Will Hoskin-Elliott

Post by AN_Inkling »

We've been linked to Will from as early as May this year, so this rumour may have more legs than most. Given his age (23) and type (186cm forward/mid with quality skills and pace), of all the players possibly available, he and O'Meara are easily the most exciting so far.

I think WHE's exactly the type of player we need and would be a great signing. He was a pick 4 in 2011 but has struggled to play consistent footy at GWS (20 games in 2014, then 11 and 2 the past two seasons), with injury certainly playing some part and that's something we'd need to clear first.

Having Gubby at the club should help with attracting him, but also in knowing whether he's a good fit as a player and person. I definitely expect us to be making a bid for one or two GWS players this offseason, not quite as crazily as Carlton last year though.
Well done boys!