#16 Chris Mayne

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Welcome to Collingwood / Farewell #16 Chris Mayne

Post by winpies »

locked in to us according to Mark Stevens on Ch 7 after the game tonight.
carn the mighty pies!
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Pies4shaw wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:All this talk of Mayne, Dal Santo and Kim Jong Il is making me feel ill. If we load up with has-beens we are totally phucked.
Sorry mate but Mayne is looking likely as reported, not sure about Dal but of those three the youngest one is my least wanted... Jong cant kick! the other two can!
We need Jong. He fills a gap - We haven't really had a long-term shoulder injury on the list since Rusling retired.
Of course how could I forget, we do need a scapegoat of sorts. :P
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Pies4shaw wrote:We need Jong. He fills a gap - We haven't really had a long-term shoulder injury on the list since Rusling retired.
Brad Dick was held together by Elastoplast tape too...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Mayne is as Depth with Elliot and Fas been injured most of the Season.

Elliot Future is not Certain
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

winpies wrote:locked in to us according to Mark Stevens on Ch 7 after the game tonight.
Need more then Just Stevens to make sure of it
I am Da Man
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Pies4shaw wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:All this talk of Mayne, Dal Santo and Kim Jong Il is making me feel ill. If we load up with has-beens we are totally phucked.
Sorry mate but Mayne is looking likely as reported, not sure about Dal but of those three the youngest one is my least wanted... Jong cant kick! the other two can!
We need Jong. He fills a gap - We haven't really had a long-term shoulder injury on the list since Rusling retired.
Nathan Brown?
Well done boys!
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

Dave The Man wrote:
winpies wrote:locked in to us according to Mark Stevens on Ch 7 after the game tonight.
Need more then Just Stevens to make sure of it
Of course. I never believe anything until it is confirmed.
carn the mighty pies!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Awful prizes like Jack Crisp, or Leigh Brown, Darren Jolly, Luke Ball, or reaching back a bit, James Clement and Brodie Holland?

Just to suggest, older players can work.
Of those, only Jolly was an old player, and we all know that ruckmen often don't develop until their mid/late 20s. Even he, however, only had 2 years left in him when he came to us - just enough to help us win a flag.
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

Kim Hagdorn @ WA Today reporting that Mayne (27) has been offered 3 years by Norf and Pies have trumped that with a 4 year offer.

Also, Wells offered 1 year by Norf and Pies offer believed to be 2 years.
All We Can Be
makri

Post by makri »

MightyMagpie wrote:Kim Hagdorn @ WA Today reporting that Mayne (27) has been offered 3 years by Norf and Pies have trumped that with a 4 year offer.

Also, Wells offered 1 year by Norf and Pies offer believed to be 2 years.
The age is also saying there is a possible two year deal to Daniel Wells.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

Oh dear
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

Said it before and I'll say it again, criticizing and whinging about signing a free agent is so confusing to me. We lose nothing (except cash which clearly we have a lot of for next year and beyond) meaning anything is a bonus. If they flop, so be it. If they perform, what a great outcome.

Haven't seen much of Mayne but he was a very good player when Freo were almost the best. Wells is an interesting one, clearly his body is not what it was (and probably never will be again) but he has class and poise. We're hardly stocked up with his type...
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Wells is a genuine star - Mayne has been terrible in front of goal for 2 years and has a lot to do to get back anywhere near his limited best.

I'd take Lennon over him for upside potential.

If it was a one year deal then sure not much to lose, but 4 year deal?

Im not saying I know more than an AFL recruiting team, however I watch a helluva lot of footy and have watched Mayne and Maric closely.

Im staggered. Blair must be leaving.
makri

Post by makri »

Have been a fan of Wells, but at 31??? I suppose if we get him as a free agent we don't have much to loose. Very experienced, have seen him do some amazing things on a footy field.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

leonmagic wrote:Said it before and I'll say it again, criticizing and whinging about signing a free agent is so confusing to me. We lose nothing (except cash which clearly we have a lot of for next year and beyond) meaning anything is a bonus. If they flop, so be it. If they perform, what a great outcome.

Haven't seen much of Mayne but he was a very good player when Freo were almost the best. Wells is an interesting one, clearly his body is not what it was (and probably never will be again) but he has class and poise. We're hardly stocked up with his type...
2nd here. Lot of Winging and Sooking on here about just all we looking at getting.

At least let them play for Collingwood 1st at least
I am Da Man