#3 Daniel Wells

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

Kind of get the impression he wants to stay and just using us as leverage.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

I think out of all the scenario the above will happen, meaning, will resign with the Roos eventually.

The only thing stopping this would be for Norf to pick up a second round comp pick (only if they dont pick up N Brown as a free agent, otherwise nil all draw)
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
melliot

Post by melliot »

Jake Niall on SEN this morning said, North have gone cold on Nathan Brown as a RFA because they are keen on the compo pick they will get for Wells. Getting Nathan Brown, would reduce this compo.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

melliot wrote:Jake Niall on SEN this morning said, North have gone cold on Nathan Brown as a RFA because they are keen on the compo pick they will get for Wells. Getting Nathan Brown, would reduce this compo.
I'd prefer to keep Nathan Brown anyway as we need him until we find an adequate replacement for him at FB. From what I've heard Wells is certainly gone from NB, not because of the money on offer, but because of the lacklustre initial response from North when his contract was first discussed.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

I think Wells is managed by Pickering. He gets the best deal for his players. He will be at Collingwood unless Norf matches it.
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

Would love Wells in B&W. He is a star. Look at S Burgoyne when he left Port. They thought he was shot with his knees. How he has proved them all wrong. One of the most successful players in history.
The Drooge

Our Silk

Post by The Drooge »

Wells is silk on the outside and evasive and clean around the contest. Get him.
"With us or against us, simple"
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

mattdally wrote:Would love Wells in B&W. He is a star. Look at S Burgoyne when he left Port. They thought he was shot with his knees. How he has proved them all wrong. One of the most successful players in history.
Sold
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Culprit wrote:I think Wells is managed by Pickering. He gets the best deal for his players. He will be at Collingwood unless Norf matches it.
Remember it is NOT a done deal as yet.

Sometimes all this this speculation has a tendency to get ahead of reality and facts.... :roll:
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

mattdally wrote:Would love Wells in B&W. He is a star. Look at S Burgoyne when he left Port. They thought he was shot with his knees. How he has proved them all wrong. One of the most successful players in history.
I love Wells too and the comparison with Burgoyne is obvious. However, it's worth remembering that Burgoyne was probably 27 or 28 when he arrived at the Hawks, whereas Wells is already 32. Still, if we can squeeze 2 and maybe even 3 years out of Wells, he would be a great skilled acquisition to our midfield group.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Lazza wrote:
Culprit wrote:I think Wells is managed by Pickering. He gets the best deal for his players. He will be at Collingwood unless Norf matches it.

Sometimes all this this speculation has a tendency to get ahead of reality and facts.... :roll:
I did add "unless Norf matches it". Not that you read that part, as always you only read what you want to read. Yes it's all speculation and in saying that, going on Pickering's management record he does get what's best for his clients.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

It's all smoke behind the mirrors.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Culprit wrote:
Lazza wrote:

I did add "unless Norf matches it". Not that you read that part, as always you only read what you want to read. Yes it's all speculation and in saying that, going on Pickering's management record he does get what's best for his clients.
I did read your post and commented anyway dude..... :roll:
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Gary Buckenara is right we do have a lot of similar type players and our list on not adequately balanced.

Wells is exactly what we need and a 3rd year at 32 is risky but without that 3rd year offer he probably stays at North.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

What happens if we get him for 3 years, but he retires after the second year? do we still carry his wage?

I'm not against taking him because he comes for nothing, but at 32, 3 years is a massive risk...
Beware the swooping Magpie.