#3 Daniel Wells

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

We don't need him playing 25 games a year, what we want is him playing well during finals time. How old is Burgoyne? He looks as good as ever, so I don't think age is a factor. And injuries aren't confined to the oldies if you look at our team, so take the punt I reckon.
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

burnsy17 wrote:What happens if we get him for 3 years, but he retires after the second year? do we still carry his wage?

I'm not against taking him because he comes for nothing, but at 32, 3 years is a massive risk...
There will be safegaurds built into his contract - performance loading and LTI provisions where he would drop back to a basic wage if injured enough to miss his last contracted year.

That's contract negiotion 101.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Wells would be a welcome addition to our list
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Sam McLeure said it was a Done Deal 2 year with a Option for a 3rd
I am Da Man
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

burnsy17 wrote:What happens if we get him for 3 years, but he retires after the second year? do we still carry his wage?

I'm not against taking him because he comes for nothing, but at 32, 3 years is a massive risk...
You carry it in the salary cap. The Swans board members were all individually sent letters from the AFL stating that if Buddy was ever to retire half way or two thirds through his 9 year deal, the Swans may not have to pay out the contract but it shall remain in their TPP or salary cap!

Hope this clarifies.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
ROB

Post by ROB »

I read an article the other day regarding Boomer and Wells - Wells basically broke down in sympathy with Boomer regarding Boomer not being signed for 2017. I get the impression that Wells is not too happy with the North hierarchy and the treatment of Boomer - maybe that action will sway him our way?
Toby for President
E

Post by E »

ROB wrote:I read an article the other day regarding Boomer and Wells - Wells basically broke down in sympathy with Boomer regarding Boomer not being signed for 2017. I get the impression that Wells is not too happy with the North hierarchy and the treatment of Boomer - maybe that action will sway him our way?
would you give boomer a one year contract if it meant also securing Wells?
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

yes. but wells is like buying eggs without opening to check the contents. i must say i am very nervous about what he will/won't bring if they get him.
Get back on top.
ROB

Post by ROB »

E wrote:
ROB wrote:I read an article the other day regarding Boomer and Wells - Wells basically broke down in sympathy with Boomer regarding Boomer not being signed for 2017. I get the impression that Wells is not too happy with the North hierarchy and the treatment of Boomer - maybe that action will sway him our way?
would you give boomer a one year contract if it meant also securing Wells?
I would - not sure if the club will. Boomer may be an improve on a good player currently in the team who would not get selected if Boomer was there. And if Boomer wasn't up to it, he would play VFL like other players who aren't up to it.
Toby for President
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Cam wrote:yes. but wells is like buying eggs without opening to check the contents. i must say i am very nervous about what he will/won't bring if they get him.
I reckon the contents will be well and truly checked Cam. :wink:
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Is it right that Wells will be 32 when if & when he plays his first game next year?

If we take Wells for the life of me I can't see why we would take Mayne. I'm of the view FWIW that his best is behind him
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Sounds like Cats going to Steal another Potential Recruit from Us
I am Da Man
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

What's going on? :?
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

MagpieBat wrote:What's going on? :?
Damien "The Ambulance Chaser" Barrett said that Wells is waiting to talk to the Cats. That can only happen when they Get Knocked Out or Win the GF.

So starting to look similar to what Happened with Mitch Clark all over again
I am Da Man
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Would be a blessing in disguise, but have the Cats qualified for Sydney and Brisbane salary cap allowances?