#32 Travis Cloke

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Dave The Man wrote:Well they getting Cloke for Next to Nothing IF reports are Correct
WTF ??, hes still under contract to us, welfare have to ante up, it will be a lot more than bloody nothing. :shock:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Where's the logic in that? You want him out, there's no place for him in the Bulldogs' lineup but they should give a high pick for him.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies4shaw wrote:Where's the logic in that? You want him out, there's no place for him in the Bulldogs' lineup but they should give a high pick for him.
I don't necessarily want him out, he want to go, his decision, but hes still under contract too us, and we aint gonna give him away for sweet bugger all, why should we. ? What about a straight swap for Jong, he got over looked for their premiership team, reckon he might be a bit pissed off and ready too leave too. :idea:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Cloke would straighten them up, take the heat off the Package, provide crumbs. The low kick inside 50 would also suit him. He won't be relied on so much for goals, but structure. At the start of the year I thought he was our MVP in that regard. Provided he gets some love when he kicks 1.3 he will be fine and even get some Joe the Gooses.
Last edited by Cam on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get back on top.
Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

Thought this was done and dusted, reports are 2 year deal at $250k a year.
"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Piesnchess wrote:yep, hes not the answer, they have redpath to come back anyway.
Off a third knee reconstruction, due back late in season 2017?

Cheap, low risk for potential high reward recruiting.
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

MagpieBat wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:yep, hes not the answer, they have redpath to come back anyway.
Off a third knee reconstruction, due back late in season 2017?

Cheap, low risk for potential high reward recruiting.
and missing soda goals from twenty metres, have fun with that, doggies. :P

MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

This one can be unlocked again, at least for now, given its topical nature.

Regardless of whether or not you've been here five minutes, five years or five terms, suppress your instinct to go for the player and instead direct your energies into going for the ball. And if you think you've been unfairly targeted or treated by the other side, you are strongly encouraged to make use of the Report button and accompanying complaint form. The Ignore button feature is also available for those who want to tailor their browsing experience.

Alright then. Play nice, play on...
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I'd think there would be even more pressure on Cloke at the Dogs to succeed, due to the amount of talent there and the need to keep producing good football to keep yourself in the side.

I think the Dogs have enough depth there already without needing Cloke, the old Cloke would be a good addition to them would certainly help them press for back to back flags, but right now I don't see Cloke really improving their list that much. Without bagging Cloke, I think what they have is already enough for them.

A fully fit list clearly showed how good the Dogs are, with all them injuries they made it into the 8, I suppose we wait and see in the end. Nothing against Cloke I wish him all the best, I would expect the Dogs to work with him on another role so they have a backup plan with him should they need it.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

According to Jon Ralph on SEN this morning, it will be Cloke to the Dogs in exchange for 4th round pick 59.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

MagpieBat wrote:This one can be unlocked again, at least for now, given its topical nature.

Regardless of whether or not you've been here five minutes, five years or five terms, suppress your instinct to go for the player and instead direct your energies into going for the ball. And if you think you've been unfairly targeted or treated by the other side, you are strongly encouraged to make use of the Report button and accompanying complaint form. The Ignore button feature is also available for those who want to tailor their browsing experience.

Alright then. Play nice, play on...
pick 59 looking likely. as i have said before, i hope he does well. he helped give us a premiership. no ill feelings on my part. he's a professional footballer and if his current club doesn't see a need for him then he goes to one that does.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:According to Jon Ralph on SEN this morning, it will be Cloke to the Dogs in exchange for 4th round pick 59.
The joke continues!
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

and that pick goes to gws for whe
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

GreekLunatic wrote:and that pick goes to gws for whe
If that is true a trade that amounts to WHE in exchange for Cloke is potentially a very good deal for us
Rush Stand Wing

Post by Rush Stand Wing »

Bradley Hill for a 2nd round and Cloke 4th round - who would've thunk it