Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
jackcass wrote: Realistically, Cloke will be competing with Cordy, Redpath and Campbell as the other KPP in the Doggies F50 along side Boyd. He's ahead of all 3 of those for 2017 I'd reckon. Hell, GF performances aside he's still ahead of Boyd. Will free up Crameri and Stringer as the 3rd tall - medium forward options, or even allow Stringer to spend time in the midfield.

V Boyd:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_p ... 1=S&fid2=S

V Cordy

V Redpath (although he and Campbell more logically competing with Boyd)

V Campbell

Ultimately though, who actually gives a fat rats clacker about whether he'll fit into their side. It's where he wants to go and they want him. Make it happen.

ok, but why, if hes going to be as good as you say he is-I don't think his kicking will improve one iota and he will still miss soda goals-but if hes going to be that good for them, better than Boyd, then why should we get shafted for him, why should we get the dirty end of the deal, why cant we get decent compensation for him then. ?? If they want him THAT bad, then let them give us fair and decent compensation for him. We must not get duded and shafted on this, that I do know. :o
Firstly, do you even read what people write. Where did I say he'd be good bad or indifferent? Where did I say he'd cure his kicking issues? Look at the stats. All I said was that he's a better option than their alternative options (on form to date), and on this years results even Boyd. It was a direct response to people asking why the premiers would even want him.

Secondly, why don't we wait till the deal is done before we get our nickers in a twist about the deal.

WTF ??? do you read what YOU write, you said, GF Performances aside, hes ahead of BOYD, that means hes better than boyd, and redpath etc, I can only believe what you yourself said in print. And even above, you say on this years results hes ahead of boyd, So, hes ahead of a guy who basically won the flag for the dogs off his own boot ?? Yet he spent nearly the whole season in our seconds, and was basically disinterested, yet hes somehow now ahead of boyd ? If you truly believe that , then that is why we need decent compensation for him, and if we get shafted on this I can just hear the laughter from the likes of caro and robbo. :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

And yet you've been mocking his kicking and suggesting that he will hinder, rather than help, Footscray. You can't have it both ways: he's a 29 year old guy who, on our Club's view of things, played 225 games as a KPF and then ceased to be a viable senior player. If that's right, he's not really worth anything much.
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

I may be looking for smoke and shadows behind the mirrors, but is anyone else having trouble believing the Cloke Camp is just happy to take a 50% pay cut?

Seems a touch out of character.

Me thinks that we will be chipping in something.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

CarringbushCigar wrote:I may be looking for smoke and shadows behind the mirrors, but is anyone else having trouble believing the Cloke Camp is just happy to take a 50% pay cut?

Seems a touch out of character.

Me thinks that we will be chipping in something.
The Adams family reverse pay packet ya thinks!
thanks Heater.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Surely there is another club in Australia which would be prepared to offer better than pick 79.

He's been a faithful servant and we should try to accomodate his wishes but that is a joke.

He is worth way more than that. I don't think we should agree to this deal. They will at least cough up their pick in the 50's and they'd still be getting a good deal.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Damien wrote:Surely there is another club in Australia which would be prepared to offer better than pick 79.

He's been a faithful servant and we should try to accomodate his wishes but that is a joke.

He is worth way more than that. I don't think we should agree to this deal. They will at least cough up their pick in the 50's and they'd still be getting a good deal.
For a guy who struggles to get a game ahead of Jesse White?
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Damien wrote:Surely there is another club in Australia which would be prepared to offer better than pick 79.

Absolutely. Pick 79 is a speculative pick. Say what you like about Cloke but he's a known quantity and worth much more.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Pies4shaw wrote:

I'd take pick 179 for the bloke who thought that was a good idea.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Damien wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Absolutely. Pick 79 is a speculative pick. Say what you like about Cloke but he's a known quantity and worth much more.
It's 59, not 79 that's been touted as the pick on offer for Cloke. The reason being that the dogs are prepared to take over all of Cloke's salary thus relinquishing the financial burden from us.
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Pick in the 70's according to the Hun today.
Travis is taking a pay cut, not the Doggies taking on his contract at all from what I read.
No favours from the Bulldogs in all of this
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Well well well. All day yesterday it was pick 59 that was on the table for Cloke but now it's 79... I can't believe that. Not much we can do with 79 though.

Cloke is even prepared to shed some weight. Well FMD!! That prick has been sitting at well over 100kgs for years now and all of a sudden is open to the idea of losing some weight. Get stuffed. He was told to lose weight with us but 'didn't feel he needed to'. Or should I say, his old man didn't think he needed to.

The sooner him and his stinking family are gone the better.
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

Albert Parker wrote:Pick in the 70's according to the Hun today.
Travis is taking a pay cut, not the Doggies taking on his contract at all from what I read.
He has walked out on the contract he had with us, so it is null and void.

Connors said he would have been on $450k with us, but is taking a 50% pay cut to play with the Dogs. We won't be paying any of his salary, he will be getting his money over 2 years at the Dogs, rather than 1 year at the Pies.
themonk

Post by themonk »

mooretreloar wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:Pick in the 70's according to the Hun today.
He has walked out on the contract he had with us, so it is null and void.

Connors said he would have been on $450k with us, but is taking a 50% pay cut to play with the Dogs. We won't be paying any of his salary, he will be getting his money over 2 years at the Dogs, rather than 1 year at the Pies.
Exactly, just for the chance of potentially getting a follow up contract after that cause he never would get it at Collingwood. It's always been about $$$ for the Clokes.

As for the pick, we said 2nd round, they said 3rd round. They now have realised that they are in the drivers seat and have pushed it out to 4th round which will probably result in us taking a 3rd round. :cry:
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Piesnchess wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
ok, but why, if hes going to be as good as you say he is-I don't think his kicking will improve one iota and he will still miss soda goals-but if hes going to be that good for them, better than Boyd, then why should we get shafted for him, why should we get the dirty end of the deal, why cant we get decent compensation for him then. ?? If they want him THAT bad, then let them give us fair and decent compensation for him. We must not get duded and shafted on this, that I do know. :o
Firstly, do you even read what people write. Where did I say he'd be good bad or indifferent? Where did I say he'd cure his kicking issues? Look at the stats. All I said was that he's a better option than their alternative options (on form to date), and on this years results even Boyd. It was a direct response to people asking why the premiers would even want him.

Secondly, why don't we wait till the deal is done before we get our nickers in a twist about the deal.

WTF ??? do you read what YOU write, you said, GF Performances aside, hes ahead of BOYD, that means hes better than boyd, and redpath etc, I can only believe what you yourself said in print. And even above, you say on this years results hes ahead of boyd, So, hes ahead of a guy who basically won the flag for the dogs off his own boot ?? Yet he spent nearly the whole season in our seconds, and was basically disinterested, yet hes somehow now ahead of boyd ? If you truly believe that , then that is why we need decent compensation for him, and if we get shafted on this I can just hear the laughter from the likes of caro and robbo. :?
Your complete lack of comprehension actually astounds me. Read it again.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I'd take pick 179 for the bloke who thought that was a good idea.
Yep

Just because we didn't play him doesn't mean he didn't deserve to play
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!