#32 Travis Cloke

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

mooretreloar wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
mooretreloar wrote: If we wanted to keep him, do you think we would accept pick 70 something, we would make him play out his contract, which by the way he is walking out on.
I never said I didn't share the opinion. Doesn't change the fact that it is opinion though. We also don't know that we are accepting pick 70.

What we do know is that Cloke has a contract at Collingwood. It's his right to hold the club to it if he wishes. Instead he wants to be released from that contract and play at the Dogs for, it appears, quite a bit less money. None of that suggests his career is done. If no one wanted him to play a role at their club he'd stay at Collingwood and get paid. It's simply a fact that he is not done.
Not a fact that he is not done. Absolutely, my opinion that he is done, which has been hijacked by watt price tully wanting to get pedantic and have me quote experts.

:roll: FFS MT:

You stated your opinion was backed by many experts. I asked which experts.

That's not pedantic, that's not an unreasonable question. That's not an agenda - stop being so paranoid.

Your opinion is that Cloke is done. Perhaps if you said he is done at Collingwood then that is an entirely different matter.

Although I did lie: I ended up making a vegetable curry with chickpeas instead of tofu burgers for the family (& me).

Now let me get back to try & make some tofu burgers we can have tomorrow night.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

watt price tully wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote: I never said I didn't share the opinion. Doesn't change the fact that it is opinion though. We also don't know that we are accepting pick 70.

What we do know is that Cloke has a contract at Collingwood. It's his right to hold the club to it if he wishes. Instead he wants to be released from that contract and play at the Dogs for, it appears, quite a bit less money. None of that suggests his career is done. If no one wanted him to play a role at their club he'd stay at Collingwood and get paid. It's simply a fact that he is not done.
Not a fact that he is not done. Absolutely, my opinion that he is done, which has been hijacked by watt price tully wanting to get pedantic and have me quote experts.

That's not pedantic, that's not an unreasonable question. That's not an agenda - stop being so paranoid.

Your opinion is that Cloke is done. Perhaps if you said he is done at Collingwood then that is an entirely different matter.

Although I did lie: I ended up making a vegetable curry with chickpeas instead of tofu burgers for the family (& me).

Stop making things up watt price tully.

This is what I posted. You decided to focus on what I have highlighted below. You were trying to be smart alec and in no way did I say my view was backed by many experts. I said that is my view and also the view of experts. Again, stop trying to be a smart alec and stop making things up.

START OF POST ON PAGE 29

The pick Jay Clark mentioned was 71. Not sure how they can give us 71 when they don't have it, it belongs to Gelelong.

Bulldogs 1st 4th round pick is 59 (received from Carlton for Liam Jones, they also have 67 and 69 (received from Sydney for Michael Talia) in the 4th round.

Their 5th round pick is 85.

We can argue whether Cloke has good football left in him or not. My view is he is done, as is the view of a lot of experts.

The facts are that he played 50% of his time in the VFL in 2016, whether you believe he should have played there or not, whether you believed he was treated well or not. Thus, taking opinions out of the equation if you take on face value that the reason he played VFL that is form wasn't good enough, then his starting value is not high.

The Bulldogs are only picking him up for coverage. Jason McCartney their list manager confirmed the reason that they are looking at Cloke is that they lack coverage in that area. This is because Redpath did his ACL and will be out until mid season 2017. I would very much doubt any other club is interested, yes Richmond was mentioned, but given the state of their list and their need to rebuild, I believe this is only media speculation.

The other factors to consider are that Collingwood doesn't want him, nor want his salary as part of its salary cap and Cloke doesn't want to play for Collingwood.

Putting this all together, you have a player that played 50% VFL in 2016, who most experts consider is done, who doesn't want to play with us and there isn't much interest in. We do not want him or his salary. If the shoe was on the other foot, would you expect Collingwood to use a 2nd or 3rd pick for such a deal?

Consequently, if we get pick 59 we are doing well, but I would suggest it is likely to be 67 or 69.
Last edited by mooretreloar on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

Guys ... it's not that hard. the Bulldogs have pick 71.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-05/i ... raft-order
All We Can Be
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Now Mooretreloar welcome to the world of Nix.
Choose you group...
Sad Saacks like the one I belong to.
"perceptive fellow" like Lazza.
The Neutrals like what Think Positive belong to.

But you seem to be in a position where you can argue with any group,
which is strange.
I have you pegged as a "perceptive fellow".
So find yourself a mentor ( try Jackcass ...he doesn't like me )
and build up your allies.
Remember the Sad Saacks like me are your natural enemy.
The sad saacks like the Cloke saga because it
proves that Bux is a dud.
There you are, lots of material there for you to work on
And note WPT is everybodies mate.
And here is an interesting question.
Why do I spell it sad saacks and not with it's proper spelling?
Last edited by thompsoc on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

MightyMagpie wrote:Guys ... it's not that hard. the Bulldogs have pick 71.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-05/i ... raft-order
Yes I know. When you google AFL indicative draft order and go into the first link returned, it has Geelong at pick 71. However, as I discovered later in the day, the date of the article attached to that link was 5/7/16, which is obviously the draft order based on the ladder positions on that day. Hence, why I posted what I posted re Jay Clark, which is incorrect.

Your link is the most up to date order.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Bloody hell, why don't we just swap him for that Honeychurch, and have done with it. Just do it.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully

mooretreloar wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
mooretreloar wrote: Not a fact that he is not done. Absolutely, my opinion that he is done, which has been hijacked by watt price tully wanting to get pedantic and have me quote experts.

Stop making things up watt price tully.

This is what I posted. You decided to focus on what I have highlighted below. You were trying to be smart alec and in no way did I say my view was backed by many experts. I said that is my view and also the view of experts. .......
Nail hit head. I asked which experts. We agree so far.

You supported your opinion by stating experts. I asked which experts. You provided 5 of which perhaps 2-3 could be said to support your contention.

We are in furious agreement.

I could say I love you & lets have sex now but on second thoughts.... :P :wink:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Piesnchess wrote:Bloody hell, why don't we just swap him for that Honeychurch, and have done with it. Just do it.
I'm in
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

thompsoc wrote:Now Mooretreloar welcome to the world of Nix.
Choose you group...

which is strange.
Thanks for the heads up thompsoc.

You won't fit me into any of those categories.
My views and posts, if I continue to post, which at this stage is doubtful, will also be based on what I believe is best for the Collingwood Football Club.

In this case, moving on a footballer in Travis Cloke that is not going to make us a better team in 2017 is the best decision that the Collingwood Football Club can make.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

mooretreloar wrote:
Choose you group...

which is strange.

My views and posts, if I continue to post, which at this stage is doubtful, will also be based on what I believe is best for the Collingwood Football Club.

In this case, moving on a footballer in Travis Cloke that is not going to make us a better team in 2017 is the best decision that the Collingwood Football Club can make.
Fair enough.
You don't seem to be in any camp.
But keep posting ...it is your right.
Don't worry about negative comments about your posts or about you.
I have so many negative comments about me and my
posts that you could fill about 10 books.
As I said before I sometimes get a whole conga line of posters
lining up to have a go.
But that is what this board is about.
robust discussion for and against anything remotely
related to collingwood.
And if you go and think about it, then you will have missed out of a good sparing opportunity with me and others.
In the end it is only about football.
Last edited by thompsoc on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

mooretreloar wrote:
Choose you group...

which is strange.

ok mooretreloar
question please

if we had a new coach for 2017 - do you think Jesse White or Travis Cloke would be more important for our finals chances in 2017?
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Choose you group...

which is strange.

ok mooretreloar
question please

if we had a new coach for 2017 - do you think Jesse White or Travis Cloke would be more important for our finals chances in 2017?
We won't have a new coach for 2017, but I know what you are getting at. That is, you are inferring Bucks did not get the best out of Cloke.

Jesse White or Travis Cloke? halfway through 2016, I would have said neither, but to Jesse's credit his 2nd half of the year was the best footy he has played for us.

Travis Cloke - I have gone on record here saying that his form from debut to mid 2014 would have made him an AFL Hall of Famer, except for his goal kicking.

I believe that Travis's body will no longer enable him to play the football required to play at AFL level regularly. This has happened to many key forwards that get jumped into, manhandled etc for year upon year and from what I have seen this has happened to Travis. Thus, for mine he plays a lot of VFL in 2017 whether that is Collingwood or the Dogs.

Consequently, no matter who is coach in 2017, no matter where Travis plays, Jesse White will have more impact on 2017 than Travis in my opinion.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Choose you group...

which is strange.

ok mooretreloar
question please

Of course it would be Jessie White, as he can play in numerous positions and help out in the ruck, whereas Travis is a stale one dimensional player, not suited to the modern game.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote: Thanks for the heads up thompsoc.

ok mooretreloar
question please

Travis Cloke - I have gone on record here saying that his form from debut to mid 2014 would have made him an AFL Hall of Famer, except for his goal kicking.
Right, his kicking is so bad it keeps him from the HOF. Not at all. He was an average kick for most of his career at around 59% (worse early). That's around the same as T.Walker and Franklin. It's not his kicking that would keep him out of the HOF.
Well done boys!
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

AN_Inkling wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote: ok mooretreloar
question please

Right, his kicking is so bad it keeps him from the HOF. Not at all. He was an average kick for most of his career at around 59% (worse early). That's around the same as T.Walker and Franklin. It's not his kicking that would keep him out of the HOF.
Without a doubt it will. In my view for around 3 seasons, he was the best player in the comp, but was never thought of that way. Rightly or wrongly, his legacy will be that he was a bad kick. If you speak to a non Collingwood person re Cloke 99 times out of 100, that is the 1st thing out of their mouth.