#3 Daniel Wells

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

mooretreloar wrote: You believe what you want to believe about the money, not going to try and convince you otherwise.
You already did - or was just that a feeble attempt to convince yourself?
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote: You believe what you want to believe about the money, not going to try and convince you otherwise.
You already did - or was just that a feeble attempt to convince yourself?
All good my end, my view is very clear a few posts back.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

mooretreloar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:I'm not sure if this still applies, but I think a player his age has only half his salary credited against the salary cap, which makes it easier to pay top dollar for older players.
Unfortunately, no RudeBoy, has to be continuous service at the one club to qualify for the veterans list and the salary cap relief.
Bugger :(
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

The alleged contract is speculation. Hine said they are working on that. Happy with Wells in the line up.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Don't know why we're even having this argument about money and term of contract. The argument should be about do we want him or don't we want him. If the answer is, we want him, you need to pay at market, or above market, depending on who else is bidding for him. If the purported figures of his contract details are correct, it sounds high, but that would only be because other clubs are vying for signature, so we need to offer more to get him. Age doesn't really come into it, because these days short term contracts are the norm and players are going from club to club once they serve their contract.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Stevo75 wrote:No overreaction going on here. Your clear disdain for the club and everything it stands for is disgraceful. Look at your signature FFS. Seriously go and smoke some cigars with that other flog! No one wants to hear your rubbish.
Oh, you're Jackcass' other account. That explains everything.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

mooretreloar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mooretreloar wrote: 1. He had an offer of 2 years at $500k per year from North.
2. Don't believe everything that journalists write. Suggest it will be 2 years at $600k and like Cloke's 5th year, the 3rd year salary will depend on targets being hit in years 1 and 2.
3. Liam Pickering is the manager of Aish, not sure if he manages any more Collingwood players, but he used to manage Pendles, so if you don't think Pickering put Wells in touch with at least those 2 players to suss out the lay of the land then you are naive.
4. North will not win a flag in the time that Wells has remaining in the game. Suggest that he can see a list at Collingwood that has been rebuilt, that is young and injuries permitting is on the rise and he is hoping he can be part of a Collingwood premiership before he retires. I wouldn't bet against that happening.
That's a nice sounding scenario, but in truth I reckon he's simply gone after the money - and at his age, he'd be mad to do otherwise.
From what is reported about Wells's character, I very much doubt it has anything to with money.
Interesting. I like your reasoning. What may I ask, has been reported about his character?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

September Zeros wrote:Souvenirs, razor blades....parrrrrrty tricks?
From "Top Secret" I guess? Some of Val Kilmer's finest work....
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote: That's a nice sounding scenario, but in truth I reckon he's simply gone after the money - and at his age, he'd be mad to do otherwise.
From what is reported about Wells's character, I very much doubt it has anything to with money.
Interesting. I like your reasoning. What may I ask, has been reported about his character?
Apparently, he is a very quiet man, who sets a great example on and off the field. From what I have heard he places a lot of emphasis on loyalty and was not very happy with how Harvey, Petrie, Dal Santo and Firrito were treated and thought he may be next in a year or two.
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

mooretreloar wrote: From what I have heard he places a lot of emphasis on loyalty
Apparently about 600k's worth.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote: From what I have heard he places a lot of emphasis on loyalty
lmao!!
BHPIE

Post by BHPIE »

Great pick up if he stays fit
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
lmao!!
Yeah its a riot isn't it?

Because no other player in the history of Aussie rules has ever gone for the money.

What a pair

It's like strolling down the midway at the local fair and seeing a stall with the third clown face missing :roll:
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
lmao!!
Believe what you want to believe. You both should be ashamed to call yourselves Collingwood supporters.

Not sure what you are going to do with your lives when Collingwood rises up the ladder and you can't assainate Buck's character anymore.

Very happy to have a person of good character coming to the club after having a lot of questionable characters in the past decade.

The question that should be being asked is Wells going to make us a better team in 2017. The answer is an undeniable yes.
Last edited by mooretreloar on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
lmao!!
Tell ya what, if this deal goes through and in the next three years he spends as much time sitting in the stands watching the seniors as Clinton Young did, then i'd say heads will roll....
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever