#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

4everpies wrote:Reported by Brett Anderson on SEN, the WHE met with Nortf today, but Anderson still thinks he will go to pies.
Maybe GWS think we are struggling to get Deal Done
I am Da Man
mooretreloar

Post by mooretreloar »

Dave The Man wrote:
4everpies wrote:Reported by Brett Anderson on SEN, the WHE met with Nortf today, but Anderson still thinks he will go to pies.
Paul Connors his manager said on Trade Radio early on in the trade period that WHE's preferred destination is Collingwood, but he is happy to play for GWS if a trade can't be worked out.
Unless his preferred destination has changed, then we are still in the box seat. I haven't heard anything to the contrary.
Like us with Cloke, they have a salary cap issue with WHE, he is reportedly on $400,000 for 2017 and they need to reduce their salary cap by $1 million in 2017 to the level of the other 17 clubs.
Thus, I would suggest they are willing to give him up for less than he is worth. A late 2nd round or 3rd round pick has been discussed, as has a future 2nd or 3rd rounder. We should be able to satisfy either scenario, but for the 2016 draft we would be cognisant of keeping enough points to get Brown and Daicos.
It is possible the Frost or Witts or Williams ?? deals are holding this up, as we could use one of the picks we get from those deals to get WHE or package up those picks to push up the draft order into the late 2nd round to satisfy GWS.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

mooretreloar wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Paul Connors his manager said on Trade Radio early on in the trade period that WHE's preferred destination is Collingwood, but he is happy to play for GWS if a trade can't be worked out.
Unless his preferred destination has changed, then we are still in the box seat. I haven't heard anything to the contrary.
Like us with Cloke, they have a salary cap issue with WHE, he is reportedly on $400,000 for 2017 and they need to reduce their salary cap by $1 million in 2017 to the level of the other 17 clubs.
Thus, I would suggest they are willing to give him up for less than he is worth. A late 2nd round or 3rd round pick has been discussed, as has a future 2nd or 3rd rounder. We should be able to satisfy either scenario, but for the 2016 draft we would be cognisant of keeping enough points to get Brown and Daicos.
It is possible the Frost or Witts or Williams ?? deals are holding this up, as we could use one of the picks we get from those deals to get WHE or package up those picks to push up the draft order into the late 2nd round to satisfy GWS.
and I am hearing GWS is more then Happy to keep him.

Might have to wait to next year like we did with Aish :wink:
I am Da Man
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Dave The Man wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Dave The Man wrote: Maybe GWS think we are struggling to get Deal Done
and I am hearing GWS is more then Happy to keep him.

Might have to wait to next year like we did with Aish :wink:
Obvious to me that WHE is coming to Collingwood because GWS needs to free salary cap space.
Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-18/t ... gibbs-deal

Wondering why this has been very quiet. Hope we get him tomorrow.

Giants forward Will Hoskin-Elliott remains intent on a move to Collingwood despite North Melbourne's continued interest.

The Magpies' pursuit of Hoskin-Elliott has been compromised by the fact they are reluctant to give up their first pick in this year's draft, No.28, because they need to preserve points to match father-son bids for Callum Brown and Josh Daicos.
"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

mooretreloar wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Apparently waiting on the Doggies, they need to finalise the Hamling deal to get an appropriate pick for Cloke, which we then send to GWS for WHE... apparently.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It seems we are not going to get much for Witts which is a shame. The media is suggesting we'll be lucky to get pick 44.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

RudeBoy wrote:It seems we are not going to get much for Witts which is a shame. The media is suggesting we'll be lucky to get pick 44.
Hope the thermal fax is working
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Invigoration

Post by Invigoration »

RudeBoy wrote:It seems we are not going to get much for Witts which is a shame. The media is suggesting we'll be lucky to get pick 44.
About all I'd pay too if the shoe was on the other foot.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

It has been oddly quiet. No real talk of what we might be offering or too many statements from his manager. Seems to me that he wants to move to Collingwood but would also be happy to stay a Giant, so isn't making a big fuss. Giants need the cap space so looks as if he'll move, and with his manager not mentioning any other club, it will be to the Pies.

Would be great to get this one done. A recruit that 90% of us like? How about that :D
Well done boys!
4everpies

Post by 4everpies »

AN_Inkling wrote:It has been oddly quiet. No real talk of what we might be offering or too many statements from his manager. Seems to me that he wants to move to Collingwood but would also be happy to stay a Giant, so isn't making a big fuss. Giants need the cap space so looks as if he'll move, and with his manager not mentioning any other club, it will be to the Pies.

Would be great to get this one done. A recruit that 90% of us like? How about that :D
Brett Anderson on SEN, who is quite a good trade/draft "expert" said that WHE wants to get to us despite late interest from North.

He also said that we were waiting to see what picks we get from other trades, but if we are to use our pick 28 then we would want GWS to pick up some of WHE's contract.

All up he seemed to think WHE would end up with us.
MatthewBoydFanClub

The reality is that we overrate our own players. If you take away our core 20-25 players, the rest aren't worth very much. I know you don't want to hear that, but that's what the market is telling us.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
The reality is that we overrate our own players. If you take away our core 20-25 players, the rest aren't worth very much. I know you don't want to hear that, but that's what the market is telling us.
Not really. It's not just our club. Any players who don't actually get on the field are not valued highly, particularly this year. Witts would have gone for more two years ago, he was playing more and had far more upside than he does now.
Well done boys!
4everpies

Post by 4everpies »

Mentioned on the radio today that we should get picks 44 & 62.

These 2 picks add up to 485 points which is about equivalent to pick 37 worth 483 points.

Pick 37 is a late 2nd rounder, and anyone who saw Witts play in the VFL prelim would have to be happy with that.
MatthewBoydFanClub

AN_Inkling wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Not really. It's not just our club. Any players who don't actually get on the field are not valued highly, particularly this year. Witts would have gone for more two years ago, he was playing more and had far more upside than he does now.
Tell me honestly do you think he's going to offer much to GC Suns. He got a game in front of Grundy at the start of the year and he didn't perform. The other 17 clubs aren't idiots. Be happy with picks 44 and 62. That should be enough points to secure Brown and Daicos. Enjoy having Brown and Daicos on our list and forget that Witts ever played for us.