#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MP magpie

Post by MP magpie »

If Giants get Deledio, they will need more salary cap relief.. come on down WHE.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

MP magpie wrote:If Giants get Deledio, they will need more salary cap relief.. come on down WHE.
Agree. Delideo going there makes them more Likely part with him and hopefully cheaper
I am Da Man
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote: The reality is that we overrate our own players. If you take away our core 20-25 players, the rest aren't worth very much. I know you don't want to hear that, but that's what the market is telling us.
Not really. It's not just our club. Any players who don't actually get on the field are not valued highly, particularly this year. Witts would have gone for more two years ago, he was playing more and had far more upside than he does now.
Tell me honestly do you think he's going to offer much to GC Suns. He got a game in front of Grundy at the start of the year and he didn't perform. The other 17 clubs aren't idiots. Be happy with picks 44 and 62. That should be enough points to secure Brown and Daicos. Enjoy having Brown and Daicos on our list and forget that Witts ever played for us.
He got a game in front of Grundy and split the webbing in his hand before half time, which then got infected and he missed several weeks.

In the meantime, Grundy stunk it up in the first third of the season before coming good about the same time Witts became available again.

While Grundy played some very good games in the AFL, Witts played some very good games in the VFL but couldn't get back due to Grundy's good form.

He played a shit game in the last VFL final, no argument and that as much as anything else will have hurt his trade value. Minson slaughtered him and he couldn't get a game at the dogs AFL side.

I'm still happy to keep him if we don't get a decent offer, his potential is very high.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Dave The Man wrote:
MP magpie wrote:If Giants get Deledio, they will need more salary cap relief.. come on down WHE.
Agree. Delideo going there makes them more Likely part with him and hopefully cheaper
Yea. Agree with you. See what happens tomorrow. If we don't land him it's not the end of the world. I might lose sleep tonight worried that GWS might go over their salary cap allowance.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

stui magpie wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote: Not really. It's not just our club. Any players who don't actually get on the field are not valued highly, particularly this year. Witts would have gone for more two years ago, he was playing more and had far more upside than he does now.
Tell me honestly do you think he's going to offer much to GC Suns. He got a game in front of Grundy at the start of the year and he didn't perform. The other 17 clubs aren't idiots. Be happy with picks 44 and 62. That should be enough points to secure Brown and Daicos. Enjoy having Brown and Daicos on our list and forget that Witts ever played for us.
He got a game in front of Grundy and split the webbing in his hand before half time, which then got infected and he missed several weeks.

In the meantime, Grundy stunk it up in the first third of the season before coming good about the same time Witts became available again.

While Grundy played some very good games in the AFL, Witts played some very good games in the VFL but couldn't get back due to Grundy's good form.

He played a shit game in the last VFL final, no argument and that as much as anything else will have hurt his trade value. Minson slaughtered him and he couldn't get a game at the dogs AFL side.

I'm still happy to keep him if we don't get a decent offer, his potential is very high.
Even when Grundy was playing poorly at the start of the year he still kicked the winning goal against Richmond. Refresh me again what Witts did all year. Conclusion. Witts is not very good at AFL level. Take that to the bank.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Will Hoskin-Elliott?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Good point! Maybe we can do a three way deal for Witts :D.
Well done boys!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote: Even when Grundy was playing poorly at the start of the year he still kicked the winning goal against Richmond. Refresh me again what Witts did all year. Conclusion. Witts is not very good at AFL level. Take that to the bank.
Get back to me in 3 years. You can crow or eat humble pie then.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote: Not really. It's not just our club. Any players who don't actually get on the field are not valued highly, particularly this year. Witts would have gone for more two years ago, he was playing more and had far more upside than he does now.

Correct weight. Witts has plenty to offer.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

What risk tigers want WHE as part of the Deledio deal?
Chance to get us back on the Treloar miss last year of sorts.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Witts has only one final thing to offer us, let's hope it's not as disappointing as his 2016 season ;).

Also, Will Hoskin-Elliott.
Well done boys!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Albert Parker wrote:What risk tigers want WHE as part of the Deledio deal?
I say about 1%
I am Da Man
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Some chance. The chance of them actually getting him are low though. A late swoop rarely happens, clubs need to do the ground work and his manager has only ever mentioned Collingwood and the Giants. He'll be playing for one of those two next season I'd say.
Well done boys!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

AN_Inkling wrote:
Some chance. The chance of them actually getting him are low though. A late swoop rarely happens, clubs need to do the ground work and his manager has only ever mentioned Collingwood and the Giants. He'll be playing for one of those two next season I'd say.
Agree. He either be Traded to us or Stay a Giant
I am Da Man
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

stui magpie wrote:

Yep, Grundy's poor form was actually why they tried to play both Witts and Grundy when Witt finally returned.