#27 Kayle Kirby

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote: A Byron Pickett type with Cyril Rioli type tricks acc to his coach - of course without placing to much pressure on the kid!
Cheers

i just looked at the CFC link jezza put up. 191cm and 96kg is a wrecking ball. If he has some speed and tricks he could cause carnage. :D
He's 181cm.

Some sites have him at 86kg others 96kg.
He's not 96kgs IMO.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

This is the 3rd bull we've drafted in 3 years, Abbott-Sier and now Kirby, surely one of has to turn out good.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

AN_Inkling wrote:Richmond had 29 and 53. We may have just got in ahead of them as pick 29 would have been too early for Kayle.
Bolton slide to 29 and they already have Rioli so may have passed on Kirby at 53 anyway.
T2

Post by T2 »

Thought I'd pass on my cousin's observations on Kayle who played with him at the Pioneers this year:

"I played next to him down at full forward all year, doesn't miss a shot on goal, has unreal speed, he's very similar to Eddy Betts"

He went on to say that he had some concerns about his focus at times and that he was a "bit heavy", but I'm confident the Pies' fitness staff will correct that.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

T2 wrote:Thought I'd pass on my cousin's observations on Kayle who played with him at the Pioneers this year:

"I played next to him down at full forward all year, doesn't miss a shot on goal, has unreal speed, he's very similar to Eddy Betts"

He went on to say that he had some concerns about his focus at times and that he was a "bit heavy", but I'm confident the Pies' fitness staff will correct that.
Thanks for that.

Now we have Byron Pickett, Cyril Rioli Tricks (from the Pioneers coach) & plays like Eddie Betts.

No pressure on the kid :wink:

Sounds like we picked up a good one. Given he had to travel so far to train & play that's great stuff.

Reckon I'll try & watch some more VFL games next year
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

RudeBoy wrote:
piedys wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:shame we couldn't get Kayle Kirby, as he's apparently a great goal kicker and a mad Pies supporter.
Real shame that!
Too right Andrew. I was sure the Tigers would snare him after he kicked 9 goals in 2 VFL games for them.
Apparently he needs to work on his fitness, but the best part is that he's a massive Pies fan so he'll have no problems being motivated.
This kid has everything, in class, grunt and genuine x factor. I'm absolutely rapt we landed this kid.
Yeah sucked in Tiggers! Hoping we have the appropriate indigenous culture and mentoring program established at the club now to bring out his best; all in good time though! Could he becomes another Byron Pickett?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Spoke to two people at work who have a lot to do with the Bendigo Pioneers. Huge up side to this bloke, a tremendous talent. However the club may be the make or break of him as an individual, due to some family related issues that didn't see him have the best role models around him while growing up. This family is well known up in Swan Hill for having great football talent IF they put their mind, body and soul into it.

Kayle trained at the Sandhurst Footy Club of his own violation after the season to keep fit and was extremely keen to impress. He is described as a very quiet fellow who is determined to do well.

If everything clicks into place and goes according to plan, he will be a gun.

Fingers crossed.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Wrong Thread
I am Da Man
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

watt price tully wrote:
T2 wrote:Thought I'd pass on my cousin's observations on Kayle who played with him at the Pioneers this year:

Thanks for that.

Now we have Byron Pickett, Cyril Rioli Tricks (from the Pioneers coach) & plays like Eddie Betts.

No pressure on the kid :wink:

Sounds like we picked up a good one. Given he had to travel so far to train & play that's great stuff.

Reckon I'll try & watch some more VFL games next year
The lad also has the footy smarts of Michael Long. :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

:-)
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I just saw Kayle talking on the CFC site. When asked what he hoped to do next year, he confidently replied something like "playing in round one and kicking a few goals". I love this kid already. With so many well spoken private school boys, its so refreshing to have a rough diamond who is so down to earth and not full of cliches. Get this kid fit and I reckon he'll be a bloody ripper. I suspect he'll be a lot of Nicksters' favourite player before long. He's already mine. 8)
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Down the pub with the family during the draft, they were all on the pokies.

I like the kid. :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

applauded for his opening line.

classic :lol:
no second chances
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

RudeBoy wrote:I just saw Kayle talking on the CFC site. When asked what he hoped to do next year, he confidently replied something like "playing in round one and kicking a few goals". I love this kid already. With so many well spoken private school boys, its so refreshing to have a rough diamond who is so down to earth and not full of cliches. Get this kid fit and I reckon he'll be a bloody ripper. I suspect he'll be a lot of Nicksters' favourite player before long. He's already mine. 8)
yep rudeboy I am onboard, finally a rough diamond, down to earth
Rick

Post by Rick »

Love that he woke up this morning and thought - you know what, I'm gunna rock up in me thongs.

He reminds me of Sam Thaiday.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/20 ... -first-day