Post inauguration Trump:

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

who's wrong? :?

And regardless, check the map of states. Trump won in a landslide.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Well the marching mob obviously don't give a continental about the environment - did you see the mess they left behind - grubby grubs !!

Maybe your mum was right Stui :wink: :P
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

LOL.

As TP suggested, trump is winning so far in the fight against obesity :P

As far as the mess goes, I guess all the chubbies needed to carry take out to sustain them for their few block stroll and it's obviously too hard to walk to a bin when you're busy protesting. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:The most important right people have in a democracy is the right to protest. It ought to be a sign of very grave concern that so many people are protesting at the commencement of this presidency. It shows what a completely divisive figure this guy is. He's governing with about a quarter of the potential vote, so he'd best be a little careful how he proceeds. He'll certainly be very good for big business - but so would a competent Republucan legislator have been. It remains to be seen whether the "trickle down" approach will produce enough benefit for the US's poor average white trash that sufficient numbers will vote for him a second time. Of course, theirs is a politics based upon disentitlement and hate, so it may be that it isn't necessary to make them better off - making ethnic minorities worse off might be all they need to feel vindicated.

I like how all the Trump supporters are labelled as stupid white trash etc....

Here's the other side :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnqc6vXAqRM

And this amazing womans speech is so compelling :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QNDdR3u_1c
Your argument lacks a degree of subtlety of thought - I certainly didn't say anything about "all" of Trump's supporters. My comment was about that particular part of the electorate and the challenge he faces in maintaining that vote.
Ah bullshit P4S.. you bag or mock everything I say and try to prove you're somehow superior... that's ok, I been around for a while, I enjoy your crap 8)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNXMOxBbt6g

THIS is the best... the ultimate... YOU MUST watch this naaahhhhstyyy woman :lol: :lol:

Thankyou Ashley Judd... thankyou 8) :shock:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Unfortunately for you Skids I have the one dingbat to rule them all and she supported Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LPR7DktumA
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Mountains Magpie

Post by Mountains Magpie »

Meanwhile, a very clever and funny video from the Netherlands:

https://www.facebook.com/zondagmetlubac ... 904562149/

MM
Spiral progress, unstoppable,
exhausted sources replaced by perversion
HAL

Post by HAL »

What is giant sand?
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

swoop42 wrote:Unfortunately for you Skids I have the one dingbat to rule them all and she supported Trump.

On reflection I think Ms. Judd has tied for the lead.

As much as I don't support Trump sections of the liberal left media are becoming as bad as Fox news.

It's tiresome and will get old fast.

He at least deserves a chance to fail first before he's hung, drawn and quartered. :wink:
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

swoop42 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:Unfortunately for you Skids I have the one dingbat to rule them all and she supported Trump.

On reflection I think Ms. Judd has tied for the lead.

As much as I don't support Trump sections of the liberal left media are becoming as bad as Fox news.

It's tiresome and will get old fast.

He at least deserves a chance to fail first before he's hung, drawn and quartered. :wink:
Seriously what's wrong with Fox news?

They provide a "fair and balanced" view as long as you are a right winger!

Fair dinkum, it's the best laugh I get on TV these days..... :twisted: :P :lol:
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

stui magpie wrote:^

Yeah get a bit confused by the relevance of the "popular" vote discussion when so many of the population didn't vote at all.
Also, Trump won the "popular" vote in 31 states 62% to Clinton's 38%.
Big business backed Clinton over Trump, they've become accustomed to cheap labour.

Trumps win is a reflection of the Democrats candidate. Sooner they accept that the better they will be.

It looked to me that a substantial amount of people who attended the women's march in the US were "well off and white". Not sure if this sent more of a message than what was sent at the election booths but its great that they have the opportunity and right to protest.
Be better if they could honestly and clearly articulate the "common message" perhaps even without celebrities. Be great to hear from the working class or even public servants in rescue, emergency services, military, food service, retail etc - people who live in the real world facing real problems. Especially with the media coverage they were always going to get.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:^

This sounds like one of those alternate facts that's been getting around. :P

Fact is Trump comfortably won the electoral college (probably not by a landslide, though*), the only metric that really counts, but lost the popular vote (which seems like more than some footnote). He also won 30 states to Clinton's 20 (plus DC). A lot of those states are big geographically but small in terms of population, while a lot of Democrat-voting states in the east are geographically small but have big populations. Hence, a map probably makes it look like he won much more convincingly than he did.

*see here: http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/sta ... won-elect/
Last edited by David on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Yeah, yeah.

Spin it which every way you want , the only alternate fact that counts is, Trump is President, Clinton isn't

Deal with it :P

Here's the map. http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president

Check out the red and where it is. It tells the story, it's hadrly a few great unwashed, rednecks, deplorables, white trash, etc.

Except for the coasts, middle america rejected Clinton and voted for change and were willing to take a punt on the one who offered something different that appealed, rather than more of the same.

When the snowflakes stop throwing the toys out of the cot in a tantrum and start analysing why they really got grabbed by the pussy, they might have a hope of reversing the result next time.

in the meantime, all they're doing is digging their own grave.

And no, I don't care, he's not my president, I just like watching cognitive dissonance bite people who think they're intelligent.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Stui, the ramifications of Trump's presidency are rather more significant than who gets to say they're a winner and who's a loser, and you're not 5. Some people may be in denial, but the vast majority of people rallying against him are very well aware of the real threat he represents and are right to demonstrate their opposition. If people are concerned about the direction their country is headed in, they should do something about it.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange