#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

I am looking forward Grundy/Cox combination in three years time.
Coxy is constantly improving every aspect of his game. By the way he is juggling the pill when he has it, you get he has a feel for how it may behave in the air and on the ground and certainly looks more comfortable than last year. Constantly surprises me, for a big bloke, how quick he is in his thinking getting a tackle on a midfielder.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

De Goey's broken hand - The reality

Post by derkd »

When will bars put a stop to allowing dog owners throw toys in a licensed establishment!!!! ...see what happens....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... v2nuk.html

EDIT: sorry Mods just saw Culprit posted this article in a thread. can be deleted if wished.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

He lied Ok so cast mind back to Dids ,Shaw and Heata who were suspended not for the action but lying about it

Bone head action needs some penalty
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

To be fair to Jordy there was a knob involved in the story ...
All We Can Be
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Train and play with the reserves for 2 months....

Idiot!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

The injury time off will be penalty enough. This is just so disappointing. Not only was he incredibly stupid for lying he has embarrassed the coach, who I'm sure isn't laughing now. When will these dickheads learn?
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

barrybc41 wrote:He lied Ok so cast mind back to Dids ,Shaw and Heata who were suspended not for the action but lying about it

Bone head action needs some penalty
A fine would be the way to go. He is going to miss 3 to 4 anyway.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

The story Bucks said yesterday in his presser was too far fetched. As soon as I heard be broke a knuckle I was thinking he threw a punch.

I mean I know they cop a lot of sh!t when they are out in the public and he is entitled to go out for his birthday but Think about it for a minute Jordan............He was pretty much a walk up to Round 1 game.

Lying to leadership and Coach has now broken his trust he should get the suspension on top of his recovery. Although I suspect we will need VFL time anyway after he will miss at least 4 weeks so just give him his punishment and lets get on with it.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

He has to miss games when he is fit, not now.

Now is not a punishment.

A punishment is missing games when you're fit and ready to go.

suspend him for 3 games once his hand is right.
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

He's made our coach and club look the fool. That's unacceptable. And he has let his team mates down by boozing one week out from the season opener.
He needs a lengthy internal suspension. Does he want to play for Collingwood or not??? Send him to the Magoos until the bye. Give someone who gives a sh*t about our club a go.
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I hoped for a contreversy free start --injuries aside we did not have drug allegations nor frisbee mishaps
A solid start with no distractions then this --bugger

For mine he gets VFL exposure once body right and if the WHE or Wills etc keep us in the caper its up to him to show mature side of his characture
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Yep, I'm old and ugly enough to pick an untruth from miles away!! I was one of the first here to question that non-sensical bloody reason for the injury.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Seriously how stupid can these players be !!
Ok so you whacked someone not the crime of the century probably costs you round 1. Broke a knuckle ok you miss a couple weeks as well and get fined for being a goose.
But to lie to the coach club and leadership group send the coach out in front of the media to look like a idiot and then change your story unforgivable.
Seriously this kid is frustrating me to no end
For all his talent he's about a smart as a fence post.
Surely he could have come in told the truth got his surgery and fine and moved on.
Now the club has to draw a line in the sand and when he's right to play he must sit in the reserves for several weeks which most likely will hinder the teams chances of playing finals and could cost the coach his job
Hope your happy with yourself Jordan
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

My other hope is this is it

Hate later to find rumours saying "Some of his Collingwood teamates were at the bar"
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

barrybc41 wrote:My other hope is this is it

Hate later to find rumours saying "Some of his Collingwood teamates were at the bar"
Apparently not the most liked bloke at the club, so hopefully not!