#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

barrybc41 wrote:My other hope is this is it

Hate later to find rumours saying "Some of his Collingwood teamates were at the bar"
Knowing our luck they will all have been there and he hit one of them or someone's wife
Seriously this kid a huge kick in the a$$
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

Is this the job of leadership group (and teamates too) to bake hime fiercly

Just like Steve,y J got in a premiership year --players and his shame sent him to AFL
And when back he was different AFL player
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Wow! Just wow! Here I was thinking we just maybe might get to round one without an off field incident. I should have known better. If our so called young stars are still doing dumb shit like this, it still shows massive immaturity in the squad and we cannot expect to be successful if this is the case. He is a player we need to blossom if the team is to grow. He better have superhuman healing abilities and get his act together fast. Enough of this nonsense, get professional Collingwood. Remember what happened when the playing group decided to be professional? We won a flag! Surprise, bloody surprise!
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

DE Goey should be De Gone for at least a few weeks. :evil:

SO angry, we don't need this shit 3 days out from round 1..... :x
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Seriously how stupid can these players be !!
Ok so you whacked someone not the crime of the century probably costs you round 1. Broke a knuckle ok you miss a couple weeks as well and get fined for being a goose.
But to lie to the coach club and leadership group send the coach out in front of the media to look like a idiot and then change your story unforgivable.
Seriously this kid is frustrating me to no end
For all his talent he's about a smart as a fence post.
Surely he could have come in told the truth got his surgery and fine and moved on.
Now the club has to draw a line in the sand and when he's right to play he must sit in the reserves for several weeks which most likely will hinder the teams chances of playing finals and could cost the coach his job
Hope your happy with yourself Jordan

I would also say above and beyond all of it the greatest worry is the lack of discipline.

Your a week out from the start of a season, coming off a fairly ordinary season as a player. You have a coach that is fighting to keep his job and a club that has been under fire. What about this says to a player ...go out have a few beers? even if provoked ...take a swing at the person? ...footballers are on more money a year then most could ever dream of....part of the trade off for this is that you may have to stay at home when others go out....you CAN'T get drunk and behave as your friends might. Just such poor attitude.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

I wonder what promted him to come clean---be interested if one of the few player who like him counciled him

Maybe his "cousin" Darcy
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

God,we do recruit some dumb footballers,don't we?Derek Hine's judgement must be brought into question again.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

$5K fine and 3 week suspension once hand is right to go.

Sounds about right to me...
Beware the swooping Magpie.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Remind me.

What did he say to Buckley when drafted?

I won't let you down.

Complete fail Jordan.

Anyone with half a brain wasn't buying the bullshit about the dog yesterday.

This incident comes on the back of all the rumours of his off field activities last year.

Slow learner.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Should've taken 2 Metre Peter.

JDG looks to be a knob of the highest order. Cashed up bogan thinks he's the bee's knees at age 21. He'll be gone next off season me thinks. Geez, the Freeman, Schsrenberg, JDG drafts are looking to be winners for the club!

Our club seriously needs to put an end to our players' behaviour. They come to Pieland, get a sense of entitlement due to the massive club that we are, the exposure...and use it for self indulgent hubris. F U JDG.
Est. 2002
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

burnsy17 wrote:$5K fine and 3 week suspension once hand is right to go.

Sounds about right to me...

I would say is about right, as Swoop points out...last year he was clearing in trouble over his off field activities. He is clearly not getting the message ....suspending him simply for the duration of his injury is a "slap on the knuckle" pardon the pun :P he needs a rocket and that should be in the form of weeks in the VFL once fit.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
GoWoodsmen

Post by GoWoodsmen »

Why is it so hard for players to just be bloody honest? FFS... grow up you fool.

Just before round 1. Haven't even fired a shot in anger. It's an overreaction but part of me almost wants to the see the club sack him. Having said that... who knows what happened. Assuming he was smashed anyway which isn't great... the kid should be a allowed to live a life.

I don't know. Stupid stupid stupid.
Side By Side Forever
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

The club should give him about 5-6 weeks, and say if anything like that happens again (i.e. lying), they'll trade him out to the Bears, the casey scorpions or something worse.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:The club should give him about 5-6 weeks, and say if anything like that happens again (i.e. lying), they'll trade him out to the Bears, the casey scorpions or something worse.
Or really put the fear of God into him and threaten to send him to Carton.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Unfortunately the rumours are true. He's a party boy knob. He fooled me draft day. I thought he was a nose down footy nerd. Instead we overlooked Peter Wright for this human dunce. Please trade him at season's end, Collingwood. Just a selfish selfish player. He thinks he can follow the Dane Swan route but doesn't realise it's 2017. This story will follow him for the rest of his career, and rightly so. So sick of this crap.
Last edited by Raw Hammer on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Est. 2002