#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

His team mates spelt it out via leaders so as you say its done
The judge has handed down sentence

Lets get on with winning game's
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

barrybc41 wrote:His team mates spelt it out via leaders so as you say its done
The judge has handed down sentence

Lets get on with winning game's
Good old kangaroo court.
Just like the prefects of old.
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

So he's lazy on the field AND a liar. :cry: :cry:
(And a terrible liar at that.)
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Disappointed as he is genuinely competing for his spot. This will give a few players an opportunity to go past him. They either will or won't and if they dont its all up to JDG to put this behind him and cement his spot through actions he can control.

End of the day though he is a kid and kids do dumb things. I'm not ready to crucify him for either the incident or panicking after.

There are plenty of senior AFL players running around now that have had similar incidents or worse in their past. Most on here are super critical of the club when after one too many incidents we do move them on.

This could be the beginning of the end or the making of him.

Im keen to see which way he decides to go. Fresh in the memory is Swanny talking about the 2003 incident that presented the crossroads in his life and how certain he was that it helped shape him into the player he became.

comparison stats

2016 JDG / 2004 Swanny
20 Games 13
9.2 Kicks Per Game 8.1
9.0 Handballs Per Game 5.1
18.2 Disposals Per Game 13.2
4.0 Marks Per Game 3.8
0.8 Goals Per Game 0.2
0.7 Behinds Per Game 0.4
3.6 Tackles Per Game 1.4

Lets have our sook and then move on quickly to see how he develops from it all.....
Last edited by MJ23 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Lets just knock off those Doggies
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

Thompsoc - I would absolutely agree with you if what he did amounted to getting drunk and doing something silly making a goose of himself, no harm done to the team/club, he'd only have made a goose of "himself".

But he's gone and got injured on the eve of the season which adversely affects the team/club. Then made club brass look like absolute clowns with his story.
Throw the book at the goose.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

King Monkey wrote:Thompsoc - I would absolutely agree with you if what he did amounted to getting drunk and doing something silly making a goose of himself, no harm done to the team/club, he'd only have made a goose of "himself".

But he's gone and got injured on the eve of the season which adversely affects the team/club. Then made club brass look like absolute clowns with his story.
Throw the book at the goose.
But King Monkey ...he is our goose!
And the goose was looking great for christmas this year.
I want a christmas goose 2017 not 2020.
Seth

Post by Seth »

damn sick of this club sometimes. The attitudes and culture is ridiculous. years of stuffing up, lying to club officials, drug taking, and other bulli5h!t.
as they say the fish rots at the head. Your days are numbered Bucks and you can't even get your players on the same page.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Here we were listening to him during pre-season how much how he owes the club, how much he's gonna do this, do that. What a joke, another moron who can't handle his piss, 1 week out before the start of the season proper. Not going to be doing this and that sitting on the stands you twit.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Seth

Post by Seth »

[quote="Lazza"][quote="Seth"]$
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Didnt see knives come out when MM and Co had the lie situ about a decade ago

Around finals too --very inconvenient car smash and dashed finals hopes witt suspension
of the culprits
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

thompsoc wrote:As usual I have a different take on things.
First question is what compelled him to lie?
No doubt the holier than thou culture at collingwood would have played a part.
Think about it.
Last free weekend before the big bash starts and and goes out to a mates 21st.
Big Deal!!!!
I would encourage that!
But no he gets in a fight and breaks his knuckle and the pure culture at collingwood raises it's ugly head and says ...your in trouble pal!
So he lies which is what 90% of young kids would do.
And he gets pinned.
So what do we do ...slap him with another 3 week penalty that will help slit our throat.
In the business of winning flags not running a sunday school.
Sick of it all.
So you're saying the problem is Collingwoods "pure culture"

Really?? Spare me !

How do you think other clubs would react to the same scenario? No need to answer this question by the way - it's bleeding obvious.

The club is not slitting its own throat, if anything Jordan DeGoose did that little trick for the club all by himself. He'll miss a month because of his own stupidness no one else's and to say thanks for screwing us , the club has rightly given him a little extra thinking time. Nothing wrong with the clubs reaction, pretty spot on really.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by Medieval »

I love this kid and see a lot of potential in him, but the first thing I noticed about him when he played his first practice match at the paddock was that he was a typical young yobbo. All of his dumbarse mates were there with their stupid chants and he was laughing as he'd gather the ball near the sideline where they were standing. He's obviously either not a very intelligent kid, or he's very unappreciative. Either way, his mates will be the end of him if he isn't careful. It's not their career, right? If any one of them was a true friend, they'd be sitting him down and talking to him about not wasting the opportunity that he's been fortunate enought to be given.

I really hope he starts to take things seriously, and not just for the sake of the team. I'd hate to see him waste his career and in 10 years wish he could do it all differently. Jordy, this is your lighthouse moment. You've had your warning that danger is ahead if you continue on this path. Hopefully you've seen the light.
The only stat that matters is whether you win or lose.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

The footy world respects Bucks as an honest man of integrity

All except some of his player --not all tho