#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

The Drooge

Don't hang the kid

Post by The Drooge »

Swan, Shaw, Didak, Milane, Banks - all cheeky buggers that never took a backwards step. Challenge for Jordy now is to become great.....also, all of those blokes had incidents with the law/club...
"With us or against us, simple"
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

Defending De Goey Chapter 1-
NthQldMagpie

Post by NthQldMagpie »

He's not the first young player to make a dumb decision and he certainly wont be the last. The great Dane Swan needed a reality check before it clicked with him and hopefully this will be the boot up the arse De Goey needs to turn his potential in consistent performance. I'm tipping it will be head down, bum up for rest of the year to prove to the club and his team mates he's better than this. Looking forward to seeing him grow into a man and turn this around now.
Also the leadership group may have handed down their punishment but he still has to face Bucks and Eddie, and that's going to be much scarier prospect!!
Forever Proud Magpie
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

I got canned in another thread when I referred to the Buckley Haters. I rest my case. Some dickhead stuffs up, can't even tell the truth and it's the coaches fault. Some of you morons are as dumb as DeGoey.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

He has just been on Collingwood TV and apologised and the dissapointment is felt by all

So like the Aussie way lets give him a chance to redeem himself --i know Aussie's dont let
their mates down in general

Jordan lets see that you can be a good bloke and claw back respect hard as it will be
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Watching the video, it feels like the apology and the wording was orchestrated by the club. He even has his busted hand in the vision.

I really hope he means what he says in that video and hope he repays the faith. Like every kid he should be give the chance to earn back the respect of the players and the coaching staff but another stuff up like that (the lying rather that the initial incident) and you cut him loose quickly.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

There has been an outpouring (me included) and healing starts

Lets enjoy our season regardless
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

We May look back one day and say this was the making of him but the sentiment on here is clear. He has let himself and the entire club down on the eve of round 1 in a make or break season. No sympathy.

Like I tell my teenage kids. I don't care what you do cos we all make mistakes. But just don't farking lie to me. That's worse than the mistake he made and it's weak as pi$$.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
themonk

Post by themonk »

Funny how fans idolise the Millanes, Banks, Shaws, Swan & Beams type players and then crucify a 21 year old for being on the piss and lying.

I hope the club realises we have a potential gun on our hands and work with him to provide structure and direction.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Think not only the kid may learn --think you are right allow some free rain then
come down on a kid

Like all things we can all learn
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Lazza wrote:Yep, I'm old and ugly enough to pick an untruth from miles away!! I was one of the first here to question that non-sensical bloody reason for the injury.
Ha, not like me mate, I was kinda believing his story, because I cut my hand once pretty badly when feeding my dogs, sliced it with a can lid. But, this is a disgrace, bloody young fool, did we learn nothing from the likes of Heath shaw and didak ?? Just sooooo disappointing, if we lose a close game to the dogs, one could say, rightly, that had he played, he may have made the difference.

Just a damn idiot, this is the last thing we need, Caro and Robbo etc, will have a bloody field day with this. Damn. \
:o :roll: :roll: :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Let's hope he's learned his lesson,and this whole incident makes him a better player and person.I think he's got the talent to be a very good player,but the application and dedication clearly isn't there yet.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Damien wrote:I got canned in another thread when I referred to the Buckley Haters. I rest my case. Some dickhead stuffs up, can't even tell the truth and it's the coaches fault. Some of you morons are as dumb as DeGoey.
Yes, but didn't you know Bucks is supposed to be the Nanny to the players, baby sitting them all day, in the Bucks haters eyes. They also believe he is responsible for climate change, war in Syria, homelessness, and a myriad of other issues. Unreal to blame the coach on this, unreal. :shock:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pacino

De Goey

Post by Pacino »

No one condones lying. However, one should not underestimate the strength of character required to summon the courage and face up to the lie. Remember, as I understand it, he called the meeting to set the record straight. It would have been much easier and less painful to fess up immediately. Strangely, it probably took a lot more courage to ultimately tell the truth and face up to the ridicule that he surely would have anticipated, than had he come clean in the first instance.
Carpe Diem