#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: De Goey

Post by Damien »

Pacino wrote:No one condones lying. However, one should not underestimate the strength of character required to summon the courage and face up to the lie. Remember, as I understand it, he called the meeting to set the record straight. It would have been much easier and less painful to fess up immediately. Strangely, it probably took a lot more courage to ultimately tell the truth and face up to the ridicule that he surely would have anticipated, than had he come clean in the first instance.
Dumb logic. He probably actually realised he'd be busted anyway because someone out there probably has a busted jaw or nose and there is no way it would stay under wraps. Probably facing an assault charge too. He saw the writing on the wall and only fessed up cos he knew he was gone. Gutless.

He was probably provoked and the bloke he whacked probably deserved it. It the gutless lying that irks me; not the actual act.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Woods

Post by Woods »

RudeBoy wrote:
Woods wrote: Frankly amazed at Buckley's insipid media performance yesterday. Very, very poor. He needed to preface everything he said with "I've been told that he hurt his hand" etc etc.
I couldn't disagree more. If the club is to build a trusting environment then Bucks has to let it be known that he trusts the players when they tell him something. The fact that Bucks took Jordy at his word is what makes the embarrassment for De Goey even greater. Bucks has been first class as usual.
He needed to use a form of words (including less words) to cover off his support of the player and the liklihood that De Goey lied (as the whole AFL world speculated upon immediately after the press conference).

As it stands now, and re-watching his press conference yesterday, it appears that Buckley was part of the lie. Knowingly trying to bullshit the footy world. That's why I'm amazed by it. He's a proven media performer, but he left no avenue of escape with the words he used if the situation went belly up, as it has.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

themonk wrote:Funny how fans idolise the Millanes, Banks, Shaws, Swan & Beams type players and then crucify a 21 year old for being on the piss and lying.

I hope the club realises we have a potential gun on our hands and work with him to provide structure and direction.
Ill idolise him when he starts rewarding the faith Buckley has shown in him. Until then he's just one of a hundred or so AFL players with a heap of talent who hasn't shown anything yet. And he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as players like Millane, Banks, Shaws, Swan and Beams who demonstrated over a long period of time what great players they were (and are in the case of Beams).
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

What a crock of sh1t woods. clearly you know nothing about leadership.

Buckley has done exactly want you'd want as a leader. He took the player at his word and supported him, only to be let down. IF he'd been telling the truth and Bucks doubted him, and worst still, aired that doubt publicly, that would be the worst thing for the relationship between player and coach. Instead this dickhead has made a fool of the coach.

I'm not a huge fan of Brad Scott but he backs his players to the hilt and they love him for it. DeGoey owes Buckley big time.
Last edited by Damien on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:don't stop there, why not shave his head, make him walk naked and let fans pelt him with fruit & saliva?
Depends. Are we talking premierships here because nothing less than total 100% commitment from every player in the 22 is going to get us there. Anything less than 100% and we're just making up the numbers in an 18 team competition.
melliot

Post by melliot »

Bring back tradition! This is nothing that a good stoning to death from the manic mob won't fix.

Or maybe we could throw him onto the MCG with some lions and watch him get eaten like the glory days of the Rome.

Only to think Gladiator was on 7mate last Sunday night!

FFS. Some people need to get perspective. It was poor form. But suggest only those whom have not sinned, cast the first stone.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

JDG is one of my favourite players to watch at Collingwood.
Unfortunately it seems that rumours regarding his behaviour are true.
He has so much talent but has shown very very little.
It players like him that we desperately need to step up and become A graders.
Will the penny ever drop for him??....who knows but already it seems that he is using up all his "idiot tickets".

If this incident doesn't wake him up to his responsibilities to the football club and its supporters, then he can p**s off.
- Side By Side -
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Woods wrote:Anybody here thought of thinking ahead of the story, because it might not be over yet.

Were none of De Goey's Collingwood team mates with him celebrating his 21st at the bar in St. Kilda? If yes, aren't they party to the big lie too? So what sanction for them? (And if no, doesn't De Goey have any friends at the club?)

Standby for CCTV footage to appear in the media showing the punch up, and others in the group.

Very weak that the word 'lied' does not appear anywhere on the Collingwood website or in the Club statement in relation to this issue, and neither does the word pass from De Goey's lips.

Frankly amazed at Buckley's insipid media performance yesterday. Very, very poor. He needed to preface everything he said with "I've been told that he hurt his hand" etc etc.

De Goeys act of utter bastardry has unfortunately taken attention away from the main AFL story today, and that is the drug use at the Eagles which got them a flag.

De Goey needs to be made walk the perimeter of the MCG this Friday night and face the wrath he deserves from Collingwood supporters, and the ridicule from Dogs supporters. Shame the prick and he may not do something like this again.

Go soft (as the club is currently doing) and he will be a repeat offender.

And for those who cite the old Shaw/Didak issue, remember that Didak later went on nighttime joyrides with crims shooting up houses in Melbs northern suburbs. And a short time later one of these 'mates' of Didaks murdered a man in the CBD.

A Short time later ? It a few days later and how could Didak have prevented that action? that is just stupid bring that up, your grasping at straws.
Last edited by 3rd degree on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Woods

Post by Woods »

Damien wrote:What a crock of sh1t woods. clearly you know nothing about leadership.

Buckley has done exactly want you'd want as a leader. He took the player at his word and supported him, only to be let down. IF he'd been telling the truth and Bucks doubted him, and worst still, aired that doubt publicly, that would be the worst thing for the relationship between player and coach. Instead this dickhead has made a fool of the coach.

I'm not a huge fan of Brad Scott but he backs his players to the hilt and they love him for it. DeGoey owes Buckley big time.
Addressed this in my previous post.

And you know nothing about media relations. I do.
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:don't stop there, why not shave his head, make him walk naked and let fans pelt him with fruit & saliva?
:lol:

I'm just waiting for the Press to suggest such a punishment with Carro leading the way........ Didn't Swanny get into a few scuffles early on.....
Thank goodness the pooch had nothing to do with it!
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:
Woods wrote: Frankly amazed at Buckley's insipid media performance yesterday. Very, very poor. He needed to preface everything he said with "I've been told that he hurt his hand" etc etc.
I couldn't disagree more. If the club is to build a trusting environment then Bucks has to let it be known that he trusts the players when they tell him something. The fact that Bucks took Jordy at his word is what makes the embarrassment for De Goey even greater. Bucks has been first class as usual.
Yep and behind closed doors I hope he flogs him for letting him down
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Don't hang the kid

Post by swoop42 »

The Drooge wrote:Swan, Shaw, Didak, Milane, Banks - all cheeky buggers that never took a backwards step. Challenge for Jordy now is to become great.....also, all of those blokes had incidents with the law/club...
Alcohol and hubris cost Millane his life.

It took Didak on a late night ride with a thug capable of murder

It landed Swan in court for assault.

It lead to rape allegations against Beams a day after becoming a Premiership hero.

Thank God the punch from Jordan didn't cause serious injury to the victim or he'd be in a police cell somewhere and not getting a second chance at a professional football career.

Wake up Jordan and don't waste what advantages life has presented to you.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

I may be missing something, but who did he hit and what is to come of that? Are we going to have to sit through Marley Williams mark II? And will it be announced tomorrow or Thursday night by slobbo and co ??
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Didn't the last guy at Collingwood who had done something like this get put into the present leadership group?
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

BBHS wrote:Defending De Goey Chapter 1-

" The first words was I think i said was I wont let youse down" that was after me 12 pot at draft camp after me beep test. i had already done me skinnies so i was sweet ".
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators