#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

De Goey will turn over a new leaf after his suspension and get a personalised number plate reading 'anustart'!
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Let's hope that this is the wake up call he needed and that this is his Swan moment.

He has talent to burn, but needs to knuckle down and learn from his mistake to get better for we need him to take the next step if we are to rise up the ladder.

The additional 3 week suspension is neither here nor there as he has missed so much footy that he would probably need a month in the reserves anyway before being considered for a recall.
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

From big footy and I agree
Kid without a sterling record, timing coincides with big bday, gives pies a weak story they've heard before...

Before Buckley goes to the media about it for the first time, all smiles, how the hell does he or someone else in a senior role not sit JDG down, look him dead in the eyes and tell him in no uncertain terms 'if this injury occurred as a result of something else, something you know you shouldntve been doing - ok - we'll work through it. But if you're telling me now you hurt it playing with your dog and that turns out to be false, consider your 2017 season finished. So I'll ask one last time, how did you break your hand?'

If anyone had that conversation with him, the dog story never ends up in the media, and half the circus of crap here is avoided.

Abysmal handling by all parties.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

And how do you know it didn't? Don't blame anyone in this case but the fool who lied.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

JDG good player: shit bloke: shittier team mate
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

It is hilarious reading some of these moralistic posts.
The guy lied ..... so flog him to death.
But why did he lie in the first place?
Because he was scared of telling the truth!
is that a good culture to enforce?
Was he allowed to go out in the first place?
Nearly everyone on this thread reckons a punitive regime is the way to go.
I say that is crap.
If 50 years of punitive action on the war on drugs taught you anything!
If you reckon the world will work better by enforcing lifestyle rules, bureaucracy and strict rules then I say welcome to the world of perpetual disappointment.
Treat every case on it's merit and the one thing for certain is that a team of robots will never win a flag.

Well at least not until 2065.

So what is worse going backwards for 5 straight years or a player whacking some idiot on a Saturday night.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:don't stop there, why not shave his head, make him walk naked and let fans pelt him with fruit & saliva?
Stones, let's not forget stones.

1 bag of gravel, 3 shekels.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

thompsoc wrote:It is hilarious reading some of these moralistic posts.
I say that is crap.
If you reckon the world will work better by enforcing lifestyle rules, bureaucracy and strict rules then I say welcome to the world of perpetual disappointment.
Treat every case on it's merit and the one thing for certain is that a team of robots will never win a flag.

So what is worse going backwards for 5 straight years or a player whacking some idiot on a Saturday night.
I think you're missing the point. I don't particularly care if he went out on the town, got drunk and hit a policeman and spent a week in jail. I wasn't fussed when Swanny got arrested for going to help his mates who were in a fight with a security guard. But I do care when a player lies to his coach, particularly a coach who stuck up for him all last year when his form didn't justify his spot in the team. I feel sorry for Buckley in this situation whatever you think of his performance as a senior coach. He doesn't deserve what he copped from De Goey and the leadership group responded with a pretty harsh penalty on De Goey's behaviour, which was independent of any penalty Buckley might have imposed.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I say that is crap.

I think you're missing the point. I don't particularly care if he went out on the town, got drunk and hit a policeman and spent a week in jail. I wasn't fussed when Swanny got arrested for going to help his mates who were in a fight with a security guard. But I do care when a player lies to his coach, particularly a coach who stuck up for him all last year when his form didn't justify his spot in the team. I feel sorry for Buckley in this situation whatever you think of his performance as a senior coach. He doesn't deserve what he copped from De Goey and the leadership group responded with a pretty harsh penalty on De Goey's behaviour, which was independent of any penalty Buckley might have imposed.
I have a simple question...why did he lie?
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

melliot wrote:Bring back tradition! This is nothing that a good stoning to death from the manic mob won't fix.

Or maybe we could throw him onto the MCG with some lions and watch him get eaten like the glory days of the Rome.

Only to think Gladiator was on 7mate last Sunday night!

FFS. Some people need to get perspective. It was poor form. But suggest only those whom have not sinned, cast the first stone.
Exhibit A , Luke Hodge, drunk as a skunk and driving. so called, mr clean. Nothing more needs to be said. :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

thompsoc wrote:
I say that is crap.

Same reason most 21 year olds do, they think they can get away with something
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

There is something wrong if they have to lie.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by ANNODAM »

He's a dick head.

Sit on the side lines now you dumb ass!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

thompsoc wrote:
I say that is crap.

Are you comparing Buckley to Malthouse now.

Didak and Heath Shaw lied to Malthouse and got suspended for the rest of the season.

De Goey is bloody lucky he only got 3 weeks for lying to Buckley.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

My memory is that shaw and dids incident was a lot more serious, weren't they pissed and pranged a car, then made out they weren't driving. ? That's a lot more serious lying than what degoey has done, and for a far more worse incident. :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.