#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

thompsoc wrote:There is something wrong if they have to lie.
Not with Buckley, or the rules. Just with JDG. Seriously, you are making a pathetic attempt to implicate Buckley in this. Pathetic.
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Skids »

Saw his apology, appeared sincere. Has plenty of time to reflect and is $5k lighter.

Let's hope the kid comes out firing and shows us what he's capable of.
Move on and get behind him, i reckon he will learn from this mistake.

Go PIES.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

A welcome voice of reason. :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I think it all comes down to being a bit young and immature, and Jordan being scared that perhaps lying would save him from getting his ass handed to him and all that. He paid the price he got suspended by the club, he broke his hand and now everything thinks he's a dickhead. I think the punishment has fitted the crime.

The club handled it fine, whatever else was said in house, is said in house and none of our business. I am sure the kid has learned his lesson, was given the fear of god speech and clearly he's sincerely sorry for it all.

I think we can move on from it, if he does it again then we can worry about whatever happens next. For now you have a kid that screwed up, got caught out, apologised, got punished now has to redeem himself.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Skids wrote:Saw his apology, appeared sincere. Has plenty of time to reflect and is $5k lighter.

Let's hope the kid comes out firing and shows us what he's capable of.
Move on and get behind him, i reckon he will learn from this mistake.

Go PIES.
Right on Mr Skids. You should post here more often, you make good sense :wink: :P I need a bit more pissed off time first though. What an idiot.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Fatui Attata wrote:
think positive wrote:From big footy and I agree
Kid without a sterling record, timing coincides with big bday, gives pies a weak story they've heard before...

Before Buckley goes to the media about it for the first time, all smiles, how the hell does he or someone else in a senior role not sit JDG down, look him dead in the eyes and tell him in no uncertain terms 'if this injury occurred as a result of something else, something you know you shouldntve been doing - ok - we'll work through it. But if you're telling me now you hurt it playing with your dog and that turns out to be false, consider your 2017 season finished. So I'll ask one last time, how did you break your hand?'

If anyone had that conversation with him, the dog story never ends up in the media, and half the circus of crap here is avoided.

Abysmal handling by all parties.
How do you know that conversation didn't happen? Were you there?

Come on!!??
Well if it did before the presser, then he really bloody lied!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

The Prototype wrote:I think it all comes down to being a bit young and immature, and Jordan being scared that perhaps lying would save him from getting his ass handed to him and all that. He paid the price he got suspended by the club, he broke his hand and now everything thinks he's a dickhead. I think the punishment has fitted the crime.

The club handled it fine, whatever else was said in house, is said in house and none of our business. I am sure the kid has learned his lesson, was given the fear of god speech and clearly he's sincerely sorry for it all.

I think we can move on from it, if he does it again then we can worry about whatever happens next. For now you have a kid that screwed up, got caught out, apologised, got punished now has to redeem himself.
Will he still get paid?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Tru that!
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

think positive wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
think positive wrote:From big footy and I agree
Kid without a sterling record, timing coincides with big bday, gives pies a weak story they've heard before...

Before Buckley goes to the media about it for the first time, all smiles, how the hell does he or someone else in a senior role not sit JDG down, look him dead in the eyes and tell him in no uncertain terms 'if this injury occurred as a result of something else, something you know you shouldntve been doing - ok - we'll work through it. But if you're telling me now you hurt it playing with your dog and that turns out to be false, consider your 2017 season finished. So I'll ask one last time, how did you break your hand?'

If anyone had that conversation with him, the dog story never ends up in the media, and half the circus of crap here is avoided.

Abysmal handling by all parties.
How do you know that conversation didn't happen? Were you there?

Come on!!??
Well if it did before the presser, then he really bloody lied!
No denying he lied.

He'll learn....we all hope.

Lying often comes from a misguided place of not wanting to upset/disappoint someone. He tried to avoid disappointing his coach, team mates and club (including fans). Stupid, but, if the case, at least it seems he cares.
Last edited by Fatui Attata on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

think positive wrote:
Will he still get paid?
I would assume so, unless stated otherwise by the club to him or whatever is written in his contract.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Woods wrote:He's not "a kid". He's a grown man three years past the age of full responsibility.
Thank You!
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Our first half of the season is massive and will tell us where we will finish at the end of the season most probably..We need all hands on deck ( pardon the pun ) It will be a win for the ages if we get up on friday night. Im sad for us and the club that another negative embarrassing story is page one news.

I dont understand this...a week before the season starts this bloke is in a pub most probably pissed and ends up breaking his hand ?
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

De Goin Nowhere is as soft as butter and can't win a fight. So he tried to bullshit his way out of it and proved that he is also dumb. I would suggest he will have the remainder of the season to redeem himself or De Goin Nowhere will simply be De Goin.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Ok now we've caught our breathe and the world hasn't ended time for some rational thinking people.
Seems there are 2 clear thought processes here
1 DeGoey just a dumb kid who made a stupid error then compounded it with a bigger and much worse error.
2 DeGoey lied to the coach for some reason which in the coaches/clubs fault.
Look he's 21 and has some serious growing up to do. Kids these days when they come into exceptional amounts of money/fame at a early age all can't handle it well. He's not the only player in the history of the game to make a error and he won't be the last. Ok he drank hit someone and broke a knuckle dumb dumb dumb but hardly the crime of the century.
He compounded it by lying to the coach & club. Now this is the serious part of the issue. Trust between a coach and his players is vital. They need to believe the coach will defend them and be there to support them. Buckley did this a a coach should. For whatever reason DeGoey choose to lie it was his choice to lie not the clubs and certainly not the coaches.
Why does anyone lie ?
I won't guess why he did it but it's done and he's got to cop his whack now and he will quickly realise (hopefully) that by doing what he has done he's let his mates down and that should and better hurt him way more than his hand or the fine.
I've got a 20yr old son and he makes errors in judgement luckily nothing to bad but he's learning about life. We've always said if you stuff up own it and we can move on but don't lie under any circumstances to us. Yes he's lied and we've caught him out and we have always made sure the punishment is much harsher when there's a lie involved.
But we've also made sure that he knows that his loved by us.
Now this brings me to the last part
If Jordan is really upset by what he's done then the club has another function to perform here.
Pendles and the leaders and the coach need to put there arm around him and say mate you screwed up but we care for you and want you to succeed. So head down a$$ up work hard cop your whack work hard come back and show why your so valued member of this team.
Bucks & Pendles need him to know yes you've made a mistake and you've lost some trust but we believe in you and you can come out of this a better person and reach the heights on the field we know you can reach.
What he's done isn't world ending or career ending and in the scheme of life really isn't a major stuff up (like drugs) he can over come it pretty quickly.
The punishment is fair $5k and 3 weeks off (which he would need to regain match fitness anyways) shows that the club took it just serious enough but didn't over react.
Let's just move on and support the guys who take the field and hope we get the season off to a flying start
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Every cloud has a silver lining

Post by Harrysz »

Ok, Jordan De Goey got into a brawl and lied about it. That's the subject of another thread. But consider this:-

At the beginning of 2007 Geelong's Steve Johnson was suspended for 5 matches for being drunk and disorderly and not telling the club about it. It seemed at that stage that Johnson's career was pretty much over. Collingwood (sob sob) and Essendon had passed on him a few months earlier when Geelong tried to trade him.

The rest is history. Johnson made his way back into the Geelong team, made All Australian that year and won the Norm Smith medal in the Grand Final. I'm not saying that De Goey is as good as Stevie J, but back in early 2007 no one really know just how good he was. Certainly Collingwood didn't. This just might be the foot up the backside that De Goey needs to become an elite footballer.