#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beautifully put.

Without exception, we all need chaotic events to help catapult us towards growth. No one else will do it for us (other people's rules etc).

The change has to come willingly from within the person who needs to change.

Let's hope JDG appreciates this moment and makes the change in himself. With the support of all at CFC, he has a great opportunity here.

GO MAGGIES!!
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

The fine and suspension I get, under the circumstances. The 10 weeks community service seems ... a bit much?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

David wrote:The fine and suspension I get, under the circumstances. The 10 weeks community service seems ... a bit much?
Nope.

Let him go out with the Salvo's and see those in a less fortunate situation than a young AFL footballer.

Taking him to meet some victims and families of alcohol fueled violence wouldn't go astray either.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

David wrote:The fine and suspension I get, under the circumstances. The 10 weeks community service seems ... a bit much?
Au contraire mon frere.

I get the community service in fact he should be taken to work with victims of violence. I get the fine but I don't get the suspension because the latter affects the whole team. I think suspending him is plain stupid & akin to shooting oneself in the foot.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
HAL

Post by HAL »

How much?
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Oh yes, throw the book at him, punishment and severe punishment always works, that is why jails are full of only one time inmates! Oh wait that is not true....giving him the fine, the public humiliation, community work and 3 week suspension and lets not forget the ISIS inspired collingwood media with his hand in full view interview treatment and it is anyone's guess whether it will help or hinder.
To me the collective punishment is over the top.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

He has more talent than Swanny had to work with, only time will tell if he works as hard, as often and can achieve half of Swanny's success. Hopefully we are all reading De Goey's book in 15 years time.
Get back on top.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

watt price tully wrote:
Au contraire mon frere.

I get the community service in fact he should be taken to work with victims of violence. I get the fine but I don't get the suspension because the latter affects the whole team. I think suspending him is plain stupid & akin to shooting oneself in the foot.
In reality after not playing since game 1 of the JLT series and missing 3 to 4 weeks of the season with his broken hand de Goey would have needed a minimum 2 weeks in the VFL anyway to find some fitness and form.

I think the suspension is smart as it sends all the right messages and in truth is probably only adding 1 extra week to the time we see de Goey play AFL again.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

swoop42 wrote:
Nope.

Let him go out with the Salvo's and see those in a less fortunate situation than a young AFL footballer.
This I don't get .. it is a bit like taking one of my kids on a trip to the Sudan famine and showing him a starving kid in the hope he/she will finish eating their greens at dinner time.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:De Goey will turn over a new leaf after his suspension and get a personalised number plate reading 'anustart'!
What's an anus tart?
jackcass

Re: Every cloud has a silver lining

Post by jackcass »

Harrysz wrote:Ok, Jordan De Goey got into a brawl and lied about it. That's the subject of another thread. But consider this:-

At the beginning of 2007 Geelong's Steve Johnson was suspended for 5 matches for being drunk and disorderly and not telling the club about it. It seemed at that stage that Johnson's career was pretty much over. Collingwood (sob sob) and Essendon had passed on him a few months earlier when Geelong tried to trade him.

The rest is history. Johnson made his way back into the Geelong team, made All Australian that year and won the Norm Smith medal in the Grand Final. I'm not saying that De Goey is as good as Stevie J, but back in early 2007 no one really know just how good he was. Certainly Collingwood didn't. This just might be the foot up the backside that De Goey needs to become an elite footballer.
Johnson had history though, maybe we should allow DeGoey a few more "incidents" if we want to optimise the outcome.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

watt price tully wrote:
Au contraire mon frere.

I tend to agree. Maybe 12 months community service instead of a suspension is the more appropriate way to go.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Au contraire mon frere.

In reality after not playing since game 1 of the JLT series and missing 3 to 4 weeks of the season with his broken hand de Goey would have needed a minimum 2 weeks in the VFL anyway to find some fitness and form.

I think the suspension is smart as it sends all the right messages and in truth is probably only adding 1 extra week to the time we see de Goey play AFL again.
Will he be allowed to play VFL during his suspension? Otherwise you're pushing a potential 5-6 weeks out of the seniors into 8-10 out.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Every cloud has a silver lining

Post by Pies4shaw »

Harrysz wrote:Ok, Jordan De Goey got into a brawl and lied about it. That's the subject of another thread. But consider this:-

At the beginning of 2007 Geelong's Steve Johnson was suspended for 5 matches for being drunk and disorderly and not telling the club about it. It seemed at that stage that Johnson's career was pretty much over. Collingwood (sob sob) and Essendon had passed on him a few months earlier when Geelong tried to trade him.

The rest is history. Johnson made his way back into the Geelong team, made All Australian that year and won the Norm Smith medal in the Grand Final. I'm not saying that De Goey is as good as Stevie J, but back in early 2007 no one really know just how good he was. Certainly Collingwood didn't. This just might be the foot up the backside that De Goey needs to become an elite footballer.
Well, of course no one knew how good he was back then - he was 10 or 11.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Shape up or ship out!

I like the Clubs stance on this, no fkn nonsense!

Breaking your hand punching another person, has he learnt nothing from the "one punch can kill" campaign.

De loser!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!