#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Woods

Post by Woods »

"The truth" about De Goey's injury about to be revealed on Footy Classified (Chan 9, now). Or so they say in the pre-show promo.
stui magpie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

According to Eddie, he owns 2 dogs.

Why do you ask?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MarkOSuv

Post by MarkOSuv »

According to the Rub on Triple M, De Goey was spotted out drinking yesterday.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

MarkOSuv wrote:According to the Rub on Triple M, De Goey was spotted out drinking yesterday.
What a crap world we live in when a man out drinking becomes news.
MarkOSuv

Post by MarkOSuv »

thompsoc wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:According to the Rub on Triple M, De Goey was spotted out drinking yesterday.
Agree but he has a drinking ban from the club. It is news.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

MarkOSuv wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Well if that is true, it looks like another bye bye JDG.
It is why i think that sanctions often don't work and sometimes make things worse.
Pick 88 for JDG anybody?
MarkOSuv

Post by MarkOSuv »

thompsoc wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
thompsoc wrote: What a crap world we live in when a man out drinking becomes news.
It is why i think that sanctions often don't work and sometimes make things worse.
Pick 88 for JDG anybody?
It's generally against protocol at any club to drink whilst injured.
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

MarkOSuv wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote: Agree but he has a drinking ban from the club. It is news.
Pick 88 for JDG anybody?
It's generally against protocol at any club to drink whilst injured.
So if all this is true, I'm extremely disappointed. I was championing him when others were still canning him, and this incident pissed me off no end, and I was confused when junior looked blank about it, initial she told me she's seen him out at clubs (and she rarely goes to clubs now, so...).

I always go back to Marley, who I wanted canned immediately, and yet he really really turned it around. If Goey is still out drinking, then **** him. He's learnt nothing.

I'm really over the, they are just kids, they need to have some fun, not all kids have to go out drinking and brawling to have fun. I really don't get it, they can set themselves up for life, he'll buy their own bar eventually, with just a few short years of discipline. It's every kids dream. And don't give me Swanny as an example, my sisters a cop, and she has told me some stories that aledgedly never got out, if they are half true, I'm really pissed off, and his number is on my jumper. Read his book, he admits to a fair bit and hints as to more. Just how good could he, Ben cousins, Shane Warne, etc, have been if they kept their head in a little, and really applied themselves.

If DeGoey is still out drinking at clubs (I'm not talking a beer or two with his mates, but if he's on a ban, then yes I am) then the club should haul his arse in and lay down the law. I don't know how much he is earning, but **** it's a good gig to sit on your arse with a smashed up hand after a night on the town, to be earning anything at all. And if he has learnt nothing, then The club is a fool. Yes, I want him spending the time away like Marley did, grovelling and working his way back in. Because right now he is coastline us big time, on and off the field.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Fighting a losing battle there TP.
Changing behaviour is the most difficult job in the world.
Look at drug addicts and alcoholics the chances of any rehab working is extremely low.
The stats are damning.
JDG is the one that has to change and no amount of sanctions or talking will make the slightest difference.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

I wouldn't be too worried about JDG yet, come next year when the new coach is installed - all bets will be off, and he'll have to pull his head in or be on the trading table. Mind you watching recent events, in regards to clubs trading players for long term growth - anyone could be on the table, yes anyone, even our supposed untouchables.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:I wouldn't be too worried about JDG yet, come next year when the new coach is installed - all bets will be off, and he'll have to pull his head in or be on the trading table. Mind you watching recent events, in regards to clubs trading players for long term growth - anyone could be on the table, yes anyone, even our supposed untouchables.
Oh yes ....the untoucables
Ed
Bux
Blair
Hine
Caroline Wilson
And the fat lady in the front row.

It is coming up to Easter and I wonder which player will be nailed to the cross this year by the club.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

If its true that Jordan DeGoey has ignored the sanctions imposed by the club for his stupidity in breaking his hand whilst drinking and fighting the week before the start of the season then the club should come down even harder and extend the current bans till the middle of the season with the message being loudly given that one more stuff up and he is sacked to be traded at the end of the year to another club i.e. Gold Coast Sun's, Brisbane or GWS for a youngster who wants to come back to Melbourne and has as much if not more skill. At least the kid might think about how much fun he can have away from his mates and family.

I sincerely hope JDG does turn it around and become the young bull on-baller that we all hope he will but from what I've heard on this site about his attitude I fear he is another talented kid that can't handle the fame that goes with being a Collingwood footballer in Melbourne.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

I may be off the mark here, but say we look to trade him at seasons end...

1. Who's going to want him if he's such a liability off the field

And

2. Whoever wants him knows why we're getting rid of him, and hence will offer unders.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

He's still a good enough player and we could package him to make the offer more attractive, maybe with someone like Sidebottom.

We'll certainly need to be a little more creative come next trade period if we get a new coach.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Jordan DeGoey would have a lot of currency with the likes of Suns and Brisbane and if the rumours are true that Collingwood is into Jacob Hopper from GWS I am sure they would be welcome of being able to trade in JDG if they are going to loose a player like Hopper.

Perhaps Degoey for Brisbane's Josh Schache if we can convince the young key forward to move to Collingwood.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!