#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

2-Metre Peter.

Nice one, Hine, you overrated hack.
Est. 2002
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

^ DeGoey looks like he has the ability to be a Tuddenhsam or a Matthews - if he is not actually an alcoholic. Hine can only recruit on ability, and I think JdG in that department is going to be elite, based on his JLT form and some of what we started to see last year.

No-one can test for issues with booze or authority at draft time, so no blame on Hine of the boy turns out to be a waster. We need to stay the course on this, as he looks to me a game-turner in the making.
Two more flags before I die!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Mugwump wrote:^ DeGoey looks like he has the ability to be a Tuddenhsam or a Matthews - if he is not actually an alcoholic. Hine can only recruit on ability, and I think JdG in that department is going to be elite, based on his JLT form and some of what we started to see last year.

No-one can test for issues with booze or authority at draft time, so no blame on Hine of the boy turns out to be a waster. We need to stay the course on this, as he looks to me a game-turner in the making.
I agree muggles. Let's hope this whole episode is the wake up call Jordy needs. I see him as potentially a Nat Fyfe type player. Let's stick with him.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Liberatore was found up to his eyeballs on drugs only a season or two ago and even spent a night in the can for his troubles. The dogs stood by him and helped him to work through his issues, and now he's a premiership player.

People can change. De goey is young and is at that age where you're probably going to make more bad decisions than right ones. I hope the club stands by him and helps him through. He could be anything really. The talent is there. He just needs to realise it and not waste it and start knuckling down. I would only consider a trade if his behaviour didn't improve and if relations had soured so much that there was no other option. Not everyone is a martyr.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

^ Well that's got both eyeballs covered :wink:

I agree with the sentiment. He stuffed up & hopefully has learnt from the error of his ways.

Now the rest of us perfect human beings can carry on with our unblemished lives.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Chris Judd actually wrote a good article today explaining why teams need to have a couple of rogues in their side. De Goey gets a mention. I agree we need to have some - what an old school guy like me would call - 'louts' in our team. They might require careful managing - off the field - but on the field, they are the one's you need in the trenches. As long as De Goey recognises that he owes Bucks big time and repays him by solid training, then he could well be the gun midfielder we desperately need. Come on Jordy, show us your stuff mate.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

watt price tully wrote:Now the rest of us perfect human beings can carry on with our unblemished lives.
Well said, wpt.
kill for collingwood!
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

If De Goey performs on the field to a reasonable standard, then let him deal with his own headlines. When was the last premiership won without a few party boys in the 22? Probably never.
Get back on top.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

WarrenerraW wrote:Liberatore was found up to his eyeballs on drugs only a season or two ago and even spent a night in the can for his troubles. The dogs stood by him and helped him to work through his issues, and now he's a premiership player.

People can change. De goey is young and is at that age where you're probably going to make more bad decisions than right ones. I hope the club stands by him and helps him through. He could be anything really. The talent is there. He just needs to realise it and not waste it and start knuckling down. I would only consider a trade if his behaviour didn't improve and if relations had soured so much that there was no other option. Not everyone is a martyr.
Agreed ,Of Course the media never return to this do they , they only do it to our lads like Swan or Didak!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
MarkOSuv

Post by MarkOSuv »

It's an excellent observation by Judd.

Teams and the best teams are the ones that have a combination of personalities pulling in the one direction.

You need your squares who are disciplined but you also need your trouble makers who can lighten the highly pressurised mood.

This has been a failure of Buckley that he has tried to overcorrect this natural dynamic when he went to war against the Rat Pack.

Our team seems very vanilla personality wise.

You need someone with a bit of %$^%$ in them and our team lacks that.
E

Post by E »

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Hopefully all is not as bad as it's made out to be and de Goey isn't heading down a path we don't want to see.

Getting out on the park and playing great football covers most off field sins.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

only want us to win games fullstop
this culture bullshit is killing collingwood fullstop
the catalyst of this bullshit must go fullstop
players are driven in there own way and will always
seek motivation they know how personally.
they don't need to be mollycoddled and then punished
if they step out of line.
degoey hits hard, has speed and some skill.
we need him now not in 4 farking weeks.
time to say 'leadership group' we farked up by giving
Jordy three extra, you can give us three weeks of
top line footy instead.
no second chances
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

I would prefer we held on to DeGoey he is at the bottom end of his value at the moment. On current form ....at the end of the season no club would entertain his as a value trade with the likes of Peter Wright etc.

He has a big task...rebuild trust get back to play good football. He stays.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Of course he stays, but make him earn it
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!