#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

ad4eva

Post by ad4eva »

Damien wrote:Seemed to drop a few chest marks that he should have taken. That is my only negative. Been a great get and just gunna get better. All class.
I think you'll find there were quite a few fall victim to a pretty slippery ball last night.

Varcoe dropped a sitter 45m out with us on a fast break - could have put the game out of doubt with loose players in the square.

Jack dropped one in the last 30 seconds sitting right on the F50 paint. Could have gone back and at least scored.

Just to name a few that stick out.. Tough hard fought win!
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

Forget Wells and Mayne, best recruits from last trade/draft period look like being WHE and Schade.

WHE looks to me like he has potential to be Sidebottom-like (ie clearly above average and possibly elite winger/high half forward), but with better overhead marking ability.
All We Can Be
mattys123

Post by mattys123 »

WHE is a little soft, but I suspect that's from all the injuries he's had and the lack of footy over the years.

His skill is sublime though, once Wells, De Goey, Langdon, Scharenberg and Elliott get in this team WHE will spend the majority of his game inside forward 50.

Will fight with Fasolo for our club goalkicking award.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

I'm on record in nicks re WHE

Only just 55 games of injury interrupted footy.

Only 3 at the pies and he knows and plays his role. Tough conditions last night and he looked confident in contested marking to me.

He will get better and will be a star.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
E

Post by E »

WHE best role for us is the modern wing role (the outside mid who is the link between the defenders and the forwards. He had a terrific first half in that role. he then faded through the rest of the game (is he fully fit yet), before impacting the game at the end with his skillful conversion from 40 on the boundary.

If he can nail this role, the Moore and White dont have to come as high up the ground and our forward structure will look a lot better because it will be 40 metres closer to goal.

By the way, when wells comes back, I'd have Wells on one side, WHE on the other. This frees up Sidey to go forward more often (since right now, he plays this role too).
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The kid is already a gun. You need to have match winners in your team, who can do the unpredictable and turn a game with a moment of brilliance. We now have 3 around our goals in WHE, Elliott and Fasolo. 8)
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Like a Daisy Thomas replacement, not as hard yet though, but kicks more goals.
Get back on top.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

In terms of this year's recruiting, only Mayne looks like a dumb pick up. I think Dunn was only recruited as depth in case of injury or a form slump from others. It's good to know we have an experienced key defender available if needed. While Wells absense has been disappointing, I have a feeling we'll all be salivating at the silk he will add to us when he comes into our side on ANZAC day. WHE is a gun, and let's not forget we've got McLarty, Daicos and Brown being developed. All in all we're in top shape.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

How much did it cost?
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

See my posts from last year re WHE when it was rumoured he was coming to Pieland. I said the kid's s jet and one of my 'undersold' faves from interstate. This ain't a surprise. He was a high flying gun before injuries took over and he became s forgotten man. You gotta expect some 'soft' play when you're built like that, so take this with a grain of salt. I'd rather he kept his body right than be Taylor Adams Mark II.
Est. 2002
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Damien wrote:Seemed to drop a few chest marks that he should have taken. That is my only negative. Been a great get and just gunna get better. All class.
Noticed in the last quarter that he also went for a few speccies and got his hands to them but dropped them.

No doubt, as already stated, it was a bit greasy, but could of had 4 marks in that last quarter.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:All class

Thus guy won't let his dog frisbee him!
:lol: :lol:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

MJ23 wrote:I'm on record in nicks re WHE

Only just 55 games of injury interrupted footy.

Only 3 at the pies and he knows and plays his role. Tough conditions last night and he looked confident in contested marking to me.

He will get better and will be a star.

The tough conditions were overlooked on the TV broadcast last night. A lot of upside beut he needs to Dr Dank & get some meat on his frame
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

Even better...... the lad is a lifelong Collingwood supporter!!
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

King Monkey wrote:Even better...... the lad is a lifelong Collingwood supporter!!
He lived through every child's dream at the end of the match.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆