#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

loki04

Post by loki04 »

E wrote:De Goey's ability to pick up the slack from Elliot's absence will go a long way to determining whether we win this game.

He is the most important player on the ground this weekend.

I predicting he kicks 4 and sets up 6.
FASOLO.

He is that man who at his best can replicate what Elliott brings.

JDG future is midfield, he is only a run of the mill fwd.
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
E

Post by E »

loki04 wrote:
E wrote:De Goey's ability to pick up the slack from Elliot's absence will go a long way to determining whether we win this game.

FASOLO.

He is that man who at his best can replicate what Elliott brings.

JDG future is midfield, he is only a run of the mill fwd.
what does that even mean. degoey is a goal kicker who also sets up goals. what you call him is totally irrelevant.

If Fasolo is in the right frame of mind, i agree that he is an equally important cog (and another favorite of mine). But this thread is a about DeGun named Degoey!!!!!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I predict he'll kick 6 and set up 4....so there! :wink:
E

Post by E »

RudeBoy wrote:

I predict he'll kick 6 and set up 4....so there! :wink:
Rudey, i'll take that too!
mosig

Post by mosig »

I'd take it as well. When he starts finishing off his work a bit better in general play he is going to kick a bag one day. I watched the Freo replay, he realistically could have kicked 5 or 6.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Born to Pie wrote:
axl wrote:Is going to be a gun in the future. Best kick for goal at our club
Not too hard to be best kick for goal at Collingwood at the moment, but I love the way he goes about it, keeps his feet in the contest, and if he can manage to keep his feet on the ground off the park has huge star potential.

Go Pies
Always,Always ALWAYS some one has to be a negative prick,pretending,very badly, to be funny.HA HA Not!!!
E

Post by E »

De Goey is De gun. This is the game where he proves this to all the doubters that arent clever enough to have noticed his value yet.

After this weekend, we will all see the obviousness of THE TRUTH!!!!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

E wrote:De Goey is De gun. This is the game where he proves this to all the doubters that arent clever enough to have noticed his value yet.

After this weekend, we will all see the obviousness of THE TRUTH!!!!
I'm with you E. The kid has the potential to be our Nat Fyfe.
E

Post by E »

Another great game from de great man!! I am almost at the point where i expect him to win every contest he is in. two goals, 18 possessions and 8 strong marks. All from an off the ball position. Pretty impressive. There were a couple of contested possessions where he was 1 on 2 and those poor guys didnt stand a chance!!!!!
ad4eva

Post by ad4eva »

Starting to stand up.

I cant wait for him to make the transition from half forward to midfield.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Yep Jordy is starting to step up, if we can get Wills fit we will have two handy young bulls around 190CM to run through half forward and midfield.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

As stated in the game day thread.
lacks 2 way running.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

^ not sure about that. Half forward has to be the hardest position to play especially in modern footy. Id suggest he is trying to hold his position in the structure rather than lacking two way running. I think as he gets more time on the ball he will have no problem covering both ends.
Only the best half forwards rack up 18 touches and 8 marks.
If anything Id have liked him to lay more tackles.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

MJ23 wrote:^ not sure about that. Half forward has to be the hardest position to play especially in modern footy. Id suggest he is trying to hold his position in the structure rather than lacking two way running. I think as he gets more time on the ball he will have no problem covering both ends.
Only the best half forwards rack up 18 touches and 8 marks.
If anything Id have liked him to lay more tackles.
That could certainly be the case, and would explain a few of his efforts, but surely if he is maintaining or gaining ground on the player he should follow through on the chase...it was quite weird, because he had a good game otherwise
E

Post by E »

ad4eva wrote:Starting to stand up.

I cant wait for him to make the transition from half forward to midfield.
he should get his chance this week as I heard Pendles, Treloar and Adams are not playing this weekend