decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

mandy

Post by mandy »

Halfway through "The Keepers" on Netflix. 7 part doco that has a "Making a Murdered" feel about it. Well worth it so far.

Based on the unsolved murders of a nun and another woman in 1969 and the cover up and lies by the police and the Catholic church to protect paedophiles.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

That sounds interesting, and very deep.

I just realised the only tv I have watched in almost 4 weeks is movies on the plane here and when I've been in the gym! Bloody hell I survived!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

You've gotta watch some american TV while you're there.

The ads are a hoot. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Culprit wrote:Just finished watching the Mini Series - Big Little Lies. All I can say is wow. Great viewing. Great Cast, Acting and what a Story. You know sometimes you figure out the ending? Well this was out of left field.
Really?

I saw that coming from a fair way out.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

swoop42 wrote:
Culprit wrote:Just finished watching the Mini Series - Big Little Lies. All I can say is wow. Great viewing. Great Cast, Acting and what a Story. You know sometimes you figure out the ending? Well this was out of left field.
Really?

Not the person more about how and who. (No spoilers).
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

It's confusing. . And I know it.
Mountains Magpie

Post by Mountains Magpie »

Culprit wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned. "Designated Survivor". I am up to Episode 6 and it's pretty good. Netflix or Download off a Torrent.
I watch very little TV. Designated Survivor is one of the better shows I've seen in recent years. Watched all of the 1st series.

On SBS, there is a 10 part series called Abandoned. The BEST show I've seen in many a long year. Highest recommendations :D

MM
Spiral progress, unstoppable,
exhausted sources replaced by perversion
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Mountains Magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned. "Designated Survivor". I am up to Episode 6 and it's pretty good. Netflix or Download off a Torrent.
I watch very little TV. Designated Survivor is one of the better shows I've seen in recent years. Watched all of the 1st series.

On SBS, there is a 10 part series called Abandoned. The BEST show I've seen in many a long year. Highest recommendations :D

MM
Will check it out at work. :shock: :D First episode about Malls, that will and has started already happening here.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:^

You've gotta watch some american TV while you're there.

The ads are a hoot. :wink:
So tonight after dinner I faked a headache, as another night of pokies and breathing in smoke smog will just about do me in! my throat is burning so is the inside of my nose! So I left them to it, anyway, I'm watching telly finally! Me and the other missus spent 5 hours at the outlets today after touring the pawn shop and Vegas speedway, so I'm buggered anyway!

I swear one channel is devoted to Trump news! And a lot seems to rely on his twitter account!

I get what you mean about the ads!! I'm watching true crime stuff! Might switch to criminal investigation SUV, its more real!
Last edited by think positive on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Goodonya.

The pawn shop is a 5 minute tour, it's small.

The north premium outlets aren't bad but you can get cheaper stuff at the big shopping centre up near Treasure Island. Macey's sell Levis cheaper than the factory outlet.

You done fremont St at night yet?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:^

Goodonya.

The pawn shop is a 5 minute tour, it's small. - not for my hubby it's not! He loves the show! Took a good 15!

The north premium outlets aren't bad but you can get cheaper stuff at the big shopping centre up near Treasure Island. Macey's sell Levis cheaper than the factory outlet.

You done fremont St at night yet?
Haven't been to the north one, went south near the airport as that's the one we went to last tine, and yeah I like the one at fashion show, junior shopped up a storm at forever21 last time!
No to Fremont this time, maybe tomorrow, driving to the Grand Canyon tomorrow and the dam dam. Then fly to LA Wednesday morning. Looking forward to hbome now, 4 big weeks!
mandy

Post by mandy »

Mountains Magpie wrote:
Hmmmmm, I gave up after about 4 episodes. Thinking I should give it another try. I was watching it week to week as it was aired. Maybe better as a binge?
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

^^ We watched it basically 4 episodes at a time.

I watched "Abandon" first episode was interesting, second same same but different item. Won't be watching a third unless I'm struggled to sleep.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Culprit wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Really?

Not the person more about how and who. (No spoilers).
since it got such great reviews, i watched the whole series on the plane this morning, boy it dragged, but yes the ends a whammy.
mandy

Post by mandy »

After hearing the title "The Handmaid's Tale" and also seeing vision of their costumes I immediately dismissed it as I just don't do period dramas. On Tuesday I came across an article describing what it was actually about. How wrong I was!

And I was hooked.

Watched the first 3 episodes that night, and smashed out the final 7 last night (or into early this morning really. "Just one more before bed." "Just one more". Who else does that???) This morning mandy was NOT happy with last night mandy staying up so late on a school night!

So well worth it though. As brilliant as it is horrific. Very hard to watch sometimes but always compelling. Cannot wait for season 2.

Hard to explain what it's about. Google it. You won't be disappointed.

SBS on demand dropped the whole first season today. Get on it.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE