Josh Schache up for trade (gone to the Dogs)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

His manager has said that if he were in this draft, he'd be the first KPP taken, which is obviously what managers say.

If it was based on his U18 form, then yes, that's true, but his value has diminished greatly since, especially with the questions about commitment and competitiveness hanging over him. You can have all the talent in the world, but without those, it amounts to nothing - see Jack Watts (although he is at least committed).

Using Pick 6 in trade for him, regardless of what we get back really would be turning it to number 2 (and not in a good way).

If we had a late 1st, I would be willing to take a flyer on him, but definitely not coughing up 6, even with a slight downgrade.

There are only 2 players rumoured I would be willing to package 6 for and that's Lever or Lynch (and neither of those are happening) so the draft it is.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes

Post by Adam Treloar 3 Votes »

Having traded out two first round draft picks for Treloar and with the understanding that two first round draft picks would be required to secure Tom Lynch (GC) in 2018, I assume we are taking our first round selection to the draft this year to comply with AFL rules.
People forget that our last premiership was only 2010 and rebuilds take some time. 2018 we play finals again.
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:Having traded out two first round draft picks for Treloar and with the understanding that two first round draft picks would be required to secure Tom Lynch (GC) in 2018, I assume we are taking our first round selection to the draft this year to comply with AFL rules.
And common sense.
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:Having traded out two first round draft picks for Treloar and with the understanding that two first round draft picks would be required to secure Tom Lynch (GC) in 2018, I assume we are taking our first round selection to the draft this year to comply with AFL rules.
The NAB Trade Radio stinger saying "it is mandatory for each club to make 2 first round selections every four years" (or something like that) is actually wrong.

From 2019 it is a precondition to trading a first rounder that a club have made 2 first round selections in the previous 4 year period. No such precondition for 2017 or 2018 so we are free to trade our firsts notwithstanding the Treloar deal.

Also, a club can always trade its current year first.

So it is entirely possible for a club to NEVER make a first round selection going forward by trading them away.

Yes, it is farcical in terms of being a restriction on trading picks.
All We Can Be
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

I don't like trading two first round picks unless it's for the likes of Martin or Dangerfield.
mugway05

Post by mugway05 »

Around the world in a Collingwood Jumper.

Check out: www.myspace.com/mugway05
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Maybe Greenwood?
Beware the swooping Magpie.
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

Brisbane were interested in Keefe last year supposedly. Keeffe and a swap of late picks might get it done. His price seems to be plummeting by the day.
All We Can Be
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Keeffe and picks wont do it...
Beware the swooping Magpie.
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

All We Can Be
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Achilles wrote:I don't like trading two first round picks unless it's for the likes of Martin or Dangerfield.
Can we trade Treloar for Lynch... because for me its in a 'heartbeat' kind of territory
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Achilles wrote:I don't like trading two first round picks unless it's for the likes of Martin or Dangerfield.
Can we trade Adam "Two Picks" Treloar for Lynch... because for me its in a 'heartbeat' kind of territory
EFA
All We Can Be
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Invigoration

Post by Invigoration »